It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Le Den Delerium [CD2021]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The third bulb was key.

The first one takes the shakes away. And the sweats. The second one kills the “dead beat” feeling and releases those earthly cares like what society thinks of a junky.

The third bulb sets up the rest of the day. If you smoke it too soon, then you go on a quick nod leading to full on sleep (which is a waste of money as they charge by the hour and four hours is a huge amount of money to a junky).

If you wait too long, you waste the second bulb’s effect. And usually, end up in a pit of paranoia and bitterness typically resulting in violence on your part and incarceration. “Just another junky…” the cop mutters.

Trash, bodies, burnt tinfoil, glassine packets, and the red eyed stares from millions of miles away from the walking dead because that is where all junkies end up if they don’t stop using.

Back in the day, they called it “chasing the dragon.” One starts off on innocent enough by sprinkling some powder on the ditch weed to get an extra kick. Then you stop using weed and burn the stuff on tinfoil straight up, swearing to Jesus that you would never use a needle and shoot junk in your veins. The first neck vein shot shows you that you are not in control but you have a habit to feed and can’t be bothered with those details.

Now a days, it is called “The Den Delerium”, and since the aliens landed, their refined junk has gone from a curiosity party drug to smack’s replacement.

Some think that the CIA had something to do with the drug’s introduction. Some blame the inability of human beings to have impulse control. Others blame the aliens. Others the Devil.

Drop in. Turn on. The Den Delerium is Open!

* end *

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   
FYI…

Writer

(In full disclosure)

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

This made me feel an interestingly type of sadness. Not crying but more of a feeling of helplessness.

Thanks for sharing in full disclosure.
I did enjoy the read

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazyBlueCat

That was the intent!!

A bit of sadness. Because we can always rise above and be better than we have ever been (I have been watching Intervention late at night, and that is really sad.)

This is me letting it go.
edit on 13-7-2021 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Punctuation

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I had to look up bulbs. Seems that really is a thing.

Now I'm sad too.
but S&F

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

The original h dens were smoking bulbs. And people were on nods back then from smoking! (Watch From Hell, and you will see a den in action).

That is how powerful this stuff is and good reason to steer clear.

And when an alien shows up with some blue junk in baggy: run!! (That was my dream! I don’t remember after the shot but it was hours later. And I hate needles!)

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 11:14 PM
link   

From Hell

Is that the 2001 slasher film?

I quit watching slasher films. I saw Friday the 13th on the big screen when it first came out in 80 something. Big screen, close up, too graphic.

But I have seen opium den scenes in other movies.

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Johnny Depp is nvestigating Jack the Ripper.

They find him in an opium den full on strung out.

That is a good feel for what it was like and my source of inspiration to this dark corner of alien contact.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Gritty. I like it.

new topics

top topics

join