It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Cup of Coffee CD2021

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Joshua opened his eyes and was met with a thunderous noise. He slammed his eyes shut again and the sound immediately went away. “Opening my eyes isn't usually that noisy,” he thought to himself. The noise had shocked him out of ten years of life he couldn't afford to lose at this point. He decided to wait a few moments before trying again. Slowly he opened his left eye. Silence. Slowly he opened his right eye. Silence. Both eyes open and no noise. Good. NOISE! It was deafening. That was because he had fallen asleep at a train station. Or, on second thought, perhaps while he was sleeping someone built a train station around him. Without more information it would be hard to tell.

Joshua looked down and saw his feet at the end of legs that were extended out before him. “I should be using those,” he thought. Joshua wobbled to his feet. Well, he hoped they were his feet but his weren't usually this wobbly. They were, however, the ones he was presently using so he forged ahead. “Nice shoes,” he thought to himself.

An aroma crept silently into Joshua's nostrils and shook his brain violently. Coffee! He saw the vendor and wobbled over to the biggest cup the purveyor proffered. Joshua inhaled it deeply and thought for a moment this is what coc aine addicts must feel like. He avowed to give it a try some day.

Joshua peered over the rim of his giant cup of coffee and saw dozens of eyes peering curiously back at him. At first he didn't know what to make of that. So he waited a moment, and at second he still didn't know what to make of that. He felt third was going to be a waste of time and skipped it completely.

Joshua opened his mouth to yell something rude and, NOISE! “Perfect timing,” he thought to himself. In his mind he could hear himself saying, “Fear me weakling humans – for I am the God of loud obnoxious noises!” He smirked at what he imagined their frightened response to be. In reality he had been wetting himself for several minutes and frightened no one except the janitor waiting patiently for him to stop. A stray dog wandered by and felt his presence was redundant so he left.

Joshua wobbled to a wall nearby and slid down it, his legs extending out before him. From his new position his eyes began to close as they swept across the vendor's cart. “Now appearing at the Cafe Delirium – The Peyote Barista.”

The End.

posted on Jul, 11 2021 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I am at a loss for a suitable comment.
um
uh
my favorite line: "A stray dog wandered by and felt his presence was redundant so he left."

posted on Jul, 11 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   

That was interesting, I like it!

posted on Jul, 11 2021 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Thank you both for the kind words.

I like that line too.

posted on Jul, 11 2021 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Your story reminds me of a few dreams I've had. I was very discombobulated in them not knowing if I was a part of the dream or just observing it.

Thanks for the story,
Johnny

posted on Jul, 11 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Douglas Adams eat your heart out

posted on Jul, 11 2021 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

Thank you. I was thinking, "Restaurant at the End of the Universe," as the Cafe Delirium when I wrote this. I love Douglas Adams. One of my all time favorites.

posted on Jul, 21 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   
That was an interesting story! I always like a tale with a hook at the end, and yours delivered.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Thank you for the kind words. :-)

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Very cool.

Thought Josh was partaking.

top topics

join