It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what new crypto currency is exciting you and how do you get it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: network dude

Crypto currency is like baseball cards..

The only ones worth collecting are the ones put out before the mainstream started collecting.

Which one's do you have?

Baseball cards?
Lol

No crypto.
I foresee a crash and burn soon

I don't know enough about crypto yet, but do you care to elaborate? That rumbling has definitely become louder and louder.

I'll make the baseball card anagogy again
A rare card is only worth what you can sell it for.
Crypto is the same.
Crypto also doesn't have any backing to ensure its value.
An American one dollar bill has a backed value.

And I know fairly soon the world's governments will be demanding their share of crypto pie.
My accountant asked me if I had any crypto to report on my taxes last April

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SuicideKing33
I was referring to yours yes it could be called cold storage as a new tearm I call it holding keys because that's what it is I hold a key no one has access to it but me

Look up etherium classic its a long read

Basically mt gnox (I know thats wrong but close enough) got hacked the eth founders had coin there they did a hard fork and reversed the transaction or theft

This split eth into etc and eth if you had your eth on a trade site like coinbase they did not credit you with the etc you should of been entitled to and they justified this bye telling customers its our wallet not yours you agreed to this

edit on 10-7-2021 by markovian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Only a small part of the baseball card analogy is true. A coin like doge has no inherent value, no utility, just cultural/meme value, and is intentionally abundant, not rare. I think the baseball card analogy is more apt for NFTs.

Coins like bitcoin, ethereum, cardano absolutely have inherent value and will be the underpinnings of future systems that integrate the digital space with the real world. Not just memes or collectables but real life applications. This gives them value.

And as far as the dollar goes, it's backed by nothing printed out of thin air. Unless you meant backed by the government and fed reserve?

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   

The dollar is backed by the government and is recognized world wide as an accepted currency.

Honestly one of theses days I think cryptos will be banned or taxed out of existence.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
One day will be a long ways away

When crypto started I traded on underground Russian websites they still exsist theres just safer options now

If a outright ban where to happen atleast last time the subject was started all coins would be dumped on the dark web given to hackers motivating them to attack that country back to 1985

The US goverment can't stop a small group from a encryption ransomeware attack on a large oil pipeline unprotected isent the word we are standing ass naked as far as cyber security goes

Taxing it will just put it underground and will definitaly lower value it might even trigger cyber attacks

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Can anyone say "absolute fiat currency" backed by nothing?

Tulips?

At least the dollar is based upon full faith and credit from the US Government. In a pinch they could sell off an aircraft carrier, or the grand Canyon to meet a debt. Do you know how wealthy the govt is? They own most of the land in this country!

Tulips?

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Havamal

Umm yea...good points there. Crypto = flowers you have convince.

Where can I buy tulip coin from wealthy government to buy grand canyon

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Guess you never read any history about financial scams. Someone here might fill you in son.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Institutional use coins, ISO20022 compliant. They will survive the shakeout when regulations wipe out the other 99%. I've got a pretty hefty bag of the ones circled in red.

posted on Jul, 10 2021 @ 08:41 PM
link   
A few I am currently holding and staking are EGLD, DAFI and CUDOS.

posted on Jul, 12 2021 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

I have some stellar lumens. They have held up better than most through the dip.
Thanks for the ideas.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I bought some Shiba Inu a little while back and they have a shibaswap app where you can stake. Ive looked at safemoon and keep reading their reddit page everyday and just waiting for the wallet to come out end of this month hopefully and then I will probably drop some into safemoon and just HODL for a few years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join