It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just don't look.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I have to admit my confusion at the fixation on coronavirus. I did not have television for many years and soon after I obtained it, the coronavirus thing happened. I suppose it is a good thing, otherwise I might not have known or understood the mask deal.

I haven't really followed it and I guess that is because I also did not have the internet for years so when I got the internet and television and then saw all the comparisons to the H1N1 thing in 2009, I was a little taken aback once I started looking into it. There was a "pandemic" in 2009? How did I not know this? Because I did not participate in it.

I am confused as to why anyone who doesn't buy into this would even participate in it at all. Why share articles talking about how the vaccine is dangerous or how the death counts are misleading or blah blah blah. People can make their own mind up about things. If they really care about their life they will use critical thinking and make the best decision for themselves or maybe do their own research. In my mind, all this is doing is keeping the conversation going on and on and on about something that to most people is inconsequential and logically we all know that. LET IT DIE! We all know about TB and many other things more communicable and deadly. We all know the surgical masks have a disclaimer right on their packaging that says they do not protect against coronavirus or any other virus. The behavior of the WHO regarding vaccines should have been called into question many many years ago and this is also a discussion no one seems to be having.

I read a lot of threads here from 2009 about H1N1, government response and vaccine rollout. Now the H1N1 vaccine is routinely included in flu shots while back then it was something feared much like the vaccines for coronavirus are feared now.

Who is to say this coronavirus won't end up like H1N1? Aren't flu vaccines that include coronavirus vaccine in development now? This is what we are going toward and the majority will just go along and that's their choice. If you are not a follower, what are you worried about? Why are you trying to change people who have already made their mind up? Stop focusing on something you don't believe in. It will cease to exist in your world. And that is all we have is our own world and our own life and reality and we only get one. Is this what you want to keep going on and on and on in your life? Claim to hate it but keep on propagating it and spreading it everywhere. LET IT DIE! Can't you see it is just another scheme to divide people and keep them focused on things that don't matter?
edit on 2-7-2021 by Chalcedony because: division scheme

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   
In 2009, they did not:
-shut down the schools, sending children home
-shut down the offices, sending employees home
-shut down borders, sending the worldwide economy into a tailspin
-outright lie about death statistics
-start sending people free money to NOT work
-task police with harassing people for leaving their homes
-demand the general public wear a face diaper

Simply not participating was never an option this time around.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Chalcedony

Amen. I was putting this exact argument to my other half today. Focus on what YOU are doing is the gist of what I had to say, the rest of the world has very little influence on our day to day life.

She touched my arm and I know that I am loved.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Do you think this was by design? To force participation?
edit on 2-7-2021 by Chalcedony because: clarification

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Cry me a river.

Schools suck, offices are cells, no such animal as a shut border, liers lie, money is an accounting tool, whatever keeps the police off the streets, civil disobedience is your privilege and duty.

I haven’t participated and I’m not the only one.

The important thing to note is compliance is what the agenda hinges on. As the OP pointed out.

Let it die, don’t comply.
edit on 2-7-2021 by Dalamax because: Concordance

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   
A few days ago I was having a conversation with a dear friend about something along these lines. He quoted a local philosopher, a Mexican:

Si quieres tener días felices, hazte pendejo y no analizes.

This translates to roughly, If you want to have happy days, play the fool and don't think about anything.

I can't jibe with that. There's another Mexican proverb: El hombre prevenido vale por dos. (A foresighted Man Is with two men.)

I'm not much into sharing information anymore. People who care know and people who don't do not want to know. I'll let it be there. Knowing what's happening in the world around you is simply smart.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chalcedony

Do you think this was by design? To force participation?

Yes, I do.

Why else would they go through all this trouble? The death rates for the untested jabs are nearly as high as the death rates of this supposedly horribly deadly boogieman of a virus. Something like 2/10 of a percent? Give me a break. I'd bet the increased deaths from stress related to lockdowns is higher than that.
The people behind this anti-freedom push are making a fortune off of it, and they'll keep shoving it down our throats as long as they're getting paid to do it.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   

If they really care about their life they will use critical thinking and make the best decision for themselves or maybe do their own research.

There's the catch. People can't think. They let someone do it for them. They just follow whatever they hear from the govt, the talking heads, or total strangers on social media. Furthermore, people will just flat-out reject the truth if it's not comfortable to them. It's bizarre I tells ya!

A couple of weeks ago, an ATS member started a thread that provoked quite a response. I think the thread featured a story about some alleged remarks a politician made. The comments started flying, with people seemingly just accepting the story as fact. The thread was heating up, but then someone posted a comment showing how they disproved the story quite easily with a quick online search. I'm pretty sure it was Augustus that 'crashed the party', as it were.

posted on Jul, 2 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   

If they really care about their life they will use critical thinking and make the best decision for themselves

What decisions? We haven’t been given any. Only mandates.

You’re still halfway under that rock dude.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Simply not participating was never an option this time around.

It always was. You don't have to do anything someone demands you, unless you have consented to being governed by them or something (which you probably have)..

I didn't participate, and I am still alive. I don't wear masks or practice any distance crap, I don't take any of the rhetoric seriously, and NO ONE has said to me anything during all this time. No one has denied me entry to bus or grocery store, no one has refused to sell me objects in thrift or other stores.

Not participating is clearly an option, so if you feel differently about it, maybe you are not doing it right.

-shut down the schools, sending children home

What child wants to be in school rather than home? I would've been extatic, not having to go to that stuffy instituation, but being able to relax home. Even with 'zoom' or whatnot, it can't be as stressful as having bullies push your head into the toilet in a building far away from your home where no one helps you, or punch you repeatedly in the shoulder just before math class.

-shut down the offices, sending employees home

Have you ever read Dilbert? Would you rather be in a cubicle or home?

-shut down borders, sending the worldwide economy into a tailspin

Ever heard of illegal immigrants, No-Go-zones, car explosions, r*pes, etc.? Rinkeby Rink a Bell?

-outright lie about death statistics

Statistics lie always. Especially government and mainstream media statistics.

It might not have been as blatant back then, but what about media or government lying exactly prevents you from 'not participating', or forces you to participate in anything?

-start sending people free money to NOT work

How is this a bad thing? This is how world should work in the first place; people should not work selfishly for their own gain, but for the common good for free, and then the system would give people money - that way, everyone would be happy, work would always be fun and meaningful, and everyone would have enough money.

Then if you want something selfishly extra, you could still work for higher pay to get what you want. This would be the perfect system, and letting people experience a preview of what a good world would be like might actually inspire many to start working to accomplish just that. I don't see how this is worse than the corporate status quo that makes rich richer and poor poorer and lets glue-sniffing homeless children fall asleep in busy traffic in Asia, letting 100000 people die of starvation every day, and let corporations get away with murder, fraud, lying to people and polluting the planet.

Any chance is good change.. well, maybe not literally, but you can see what I mean.

-task police with harassing people for leaving their homes

Haven't seen this happening - is this really a thing anyway? Ok, if THIS happened in a large scale, then I'd agree that 'not participating is not an option', but as long as it's not happening to majority all the time, it should not be an issue if you don't want to participate. Even the police can't be everywhere all the time. You can tactically choose when you're going to be out, especially if you don't have to go to the office or school..

Also, what's this weird wording? 'Task police'? What does it matter if police has tasks? Isn't that what the police is for? That's one job you can't make people do at home, so what are you complaining about, didn't you just say people being forced out of the office was a bad thing? Here we have a job where that's NOT done, and you still complain? Shouldn't you be HAPPY that police are tasked with something so your dream of people NOT being sent home will come true?

-demand the general public wear a face diaper

I don't like when people change words to something more 'dramatic' to conform to their narrative, or to try to elicit an emotional response from their readers.

This is just manipulative writing. Just say 'mask'.

Look, just because someone DEMANDS you do something, HOW exactly does it create any obligation in you? It doesn't. You don't have to wear a mask just because someone 'demands'.

Demand is not a lawful command, it doesn't EVEN have the power of law behind it (there's a difference, by the way).

I can demand you give me 800 dollars, does that create an obligation?

You don't have to obey, you have no obligation, therefore, non-participation is MOST DEFINITELY an option.

Try again.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shoujikina
I would've been extatic...

'Ecstatic'.

new topics

top topics

join