It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dream of Life - Alan Watts

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Alan Watts is one of my favorite philosophers, delivering a higher truth to those who have eyes to see and ears to hear.

Alan Wilson Watts was a philosopher, writer, and speaker, best known as an interpreter and populariser of Eastern philosophy for a Western audience. Born in Chislehurst, England, he moved to the United States in 1938 and began Zen training in New York. Pursuing a career, he attended Seabury-Western Theological Seminary, where he received a master's degree in theology. Watts became an Episcopal priest in 1945, then left the ministry in 1950 and moved to California, where he joined the faculty of the American Academy of Asian Studies.

“All the past vanishes, the future has not yet arrived, and there is only one place to be, which is here and now. And there is no way to be anywhere else.” - Alan Watts

“When you find out that there was never anything in the dark side to be afraid of … Nothing is left but to love.”
― Alan Watts

“only doubtful truths need defense.”
― Alan W. Watts, The Wisdom of Insecurity

“You’re under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.”
― Alan Watts

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 03:57 AM
link   
When you pray for wisdom, it shall come upon your innocents of thoughts. As we travel on the life of a path for wisdom for our well being in life , we still need guidance for the unknown that leads us into the understanding of the thoughts that we pray for. MIM's peace every one.
edit on 0700000022582021-07-01T03:58:22-05:00582207am3 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Intuition, it goes a long way in this place. That's my guidance, my 6th sense. We don't need to seek Wisdom, We are it. We forgot. Now its time to awaken from the dream.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: PillarOfFire

Intuition, it goes a long way in this place. That's my guidance, my 6th sense. We don't need to seek Wisdom, We are it. We forgot. Now its time to awaken from the dream.

But a dream can lead us astray, only understanding and seeking knowledge from the wisdom we ponder upon ( or pray ) leads us to an enlightenment of understanding of the truth of wisdom. MIM's peace every one

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 04:07 AM
link   
When we awaken from the dreamworld, while still inside it, we can learn to finally let go of the baggage we all carry. It's the reason we're still trapped in this dying frequency we call reality.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 04:16 AM
link   

If we chose this, its because we wanted the experience of "letting go and tossing it all to the wind" to see what would become of it as Watts said.

We created this game, and allowed for errors to occur to experience Life as Humanity. Now its finished. Plan #WakeUp is in effect. Aka Trump!

How do I know this? Intuition + dreams/ visions/remote viewing I get continually.

Attaching to anything is attachment to energy. Good bad makes no difference to the universe. Disconnecting is freedom.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 04:38 AM
link   

When we awaken from the dreamworld, while still inside it, we can learn to finally let go of the baggage we all carry. It's the reason we're still trapped in this dying frequency we call reality.

The pure dream world is the life before puberty or to us adults, it is the understanding that it is the world of mental innocence .
We are born with no baggage of guilt. So we are free like the wind that blows upon us on a spring morning walk as we feel the morning light rain upon our smiles that we carry while seeing the 7 colors of the rainbow. For reality is an entrapment of the mind that wonders upon a defect that is damaged along in life, like an aging bridge ready to collapse.
edit on 0700000011412021-07-01T04:41:11-05:00411107am4 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 04:48 AM
link   

If we chose this, its because we wanted the experience of "letting go and tossing it all to the wind" to see what would become of it as Watts said.

We created this game, and allowed for errors to occur to experience Life as Humanity. Now its finished. Plan #WakeUp is in effect. Aka Trump!

How do I know this? Intuition + dreams/ visions/remote viewing I get continually.

Attaching to anything is attachment to energy. Good bad makes no difference to the universe. Disconnecting is freedom.

To toss the thoughts of our spirits to the wind is like grabbing onto the wind, as our thoughts are the spirits of the wind in out life.
Energy that is attached to mental wisdom can only be understood by how can can a butterfly fly. Do we know, of course not, do we think we know, maybe so. The space or universe that we live in , we can reach only by allowing human love to touch our hearts and live the love of the human spirit of what we were created for.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: PillarOfFire

Hey love the content you bring, but the thing that puzzled me about Alan Watts is, he was like the man for out the box thinking, with so much substance in his words, really enlightening stuff, then i found out he died young because of alcoholism.

I mean i looked up to him after reading his views etc, then i found out alcohol beat him, so kinda takes a bit of shine from him you know.

Still think hes a legend though.

cheers

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Panartisis

Hey love the content you bring, but the thing that puzzled me about Alan Watts is, he was like the man for out the box thinking, with so much substance in his words, really enlightening stuff, then i found out he died young because of alcoholism.

I mean i looked up to him after reading his views etc, then i found out alcohol beat him, so kinda takes a bit of shine from him you know.

cheers

Yes, he's thoughts are real, beyond the time of our youth, but if we ponder upon the thoughts of the wise, what do we find, a wise man never says he is wise.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Always seek wisdom. Your never full of wisdom. Just full of yourself.

--- Some big dude on a phone

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 06:05 AM
link   

cheers

Yeah I thought the same thing. I suppose he had all these ideas that seamed so straight-forward and true, but he may not have actually put them into practice himself, despite how easy he made it sound in his lectures.

He was a Genius nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

cheers

Yeah I thought the same thing. I suppose he had all these ideas that seamed so straight-forward and true, but he may not have actually put them into practice himself, despite how easy he made it sound in his lectures.

He was a Genius nonetheless.

an intellectual in a dream world he may have been

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Panartisis
It only takes the shine off because you have preconceived ideas about alcohol......and a right or wrong way to live life.
Alan Watts most likely would not have been writing the stuff he did if he had not drank.......

Why does alcohol lead to more creative solutions?
Numbing your brain with a shot of the good stuff makes you abandon fixed thinking patterns. A sober mind easily filters out all irrelevant information and allows you to focus on the information that (judging by previous experiences and existing knowledge) seems most useful. This is great when having to make quick decisions, yet hinders creativity (as unusual options are typically the most creative).

Alcohol is the thug that kneecaps your brain’s filter. No longer capable of efficiently filtering irrelevant alternatives, your brain is a lot less focused. This lack of focus allows you to consider many different possibilities. Not just the most logical (and boring) ones. A tipsy brain is less biased and gives strange, wild and absolutely ridiculous ideas a fair chance.

A tipsy mind is an open mind.

hatrabbits.com...

Alan Watts had no choice anyway.....he was just a character in the dream of life.
edit on 1-7-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   

''The deep down whatever there is''....

I have always liked Watts, but only in drips and drabs. I felt whatever truths made themselves known through him could be better utilized as simple steps on our paths. All he could do was suggest, try putting your foot here and see where it leads you. I have always been drawn to Watts and that is why I mostly leave him alone.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Maybe you are looking at it wrong, his alcoholism could well have fuelled his great mind, by helping him experience the direct opposite, the further he grew from an advanced state of mind through alcohol, the further he could advance its opposite, "clarity". I dont know if this is what he done or his wise words came from being wasted though. But to me he may have been burning the candle at both ends. Possibly trying to get them to meet in the middle.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing the thoughts, and the vid.

This darned persistent illusion !!! LoL !!

Here's one for you, and one to spill on Mr. Watts' grave.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I wanted to say one thing, lots on my mind right now.

When you finally awaken, you begin to realize everyone's voice matters. Even the most insignificant amongst you becomes important because everyone is a part of the whole. Everything Is Connected. That's when you start to grow up, and stop being petty selfish arrogant and self important. You begin to See and Hear.

edit on 1-7-2021 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Thanks for sharing the thoughts, and the vid.

This darned persistent illusion !!! LoL !!

Here's one for you, and one to spill on Mr. Watts' grave.

Cheers and thnx for the reply. Yes it's a persistent one, and will hopefully soon come to a fantastic end.

posted on Jul, 1 2021 @ 10:21 PM
link   

What a beautiful video. Thank you for posting that

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join