It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marshalling a conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Cunning linguists will observe that certain words come out hyphenated when you enter them in an ATS post.

There must be quite a few automatic 'fixes', including for expletives and innocent names of religious conspiracists with websites who are unknown to Masked.

But what is wrong with the word 'marshall'?

Masked used it yesterday and it got hyphenated.

Then, this morning, Masked saw somebody using 'marshall' when they meant 'martial' but again it got hyphenated.

Is this a bunch of arse, or something deeper?

What other etymological trickery can be found here, in fun?

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Dude, every board does that. I did that on the board I admistered. I asked William about one particular word, "a*ss." He said that was not allowed because he does not want schools to ban ATS. That's reasonable, I guess. On my board I did not care about the kiddie population, though. The words that were banned from Metatus were the owner's names, competitors sites that sent nasty cease and desist letters, and a couple funny ones.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I just found out in a U2U what the marshall derivation was, it's a surname that is broken up for interesting and similar reasons to the other name.

All past history. I am satisfied that I have learned something new about ATS!

what I also find interesting is what

#ing

becomes!

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   
"Google" used to come up as a sister-site of my board when it was typed. I think the replacement was "law69.com," now defunct. Don't bother looking for it.

new topics

top topics

join