It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Motorcyclist Who Identifies As Bicyclist Sets Cycling World Record

page: 1

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Now, before somebody says that this should be in the Jokes forum, let me explain why I put this here in Social and Civil Unrest. The Babylon Bee has grown into an incredible satire publication. It's what The Onion aspired to be years ago.

Satire has a long history. If you have never read Jonathan Swift's A Modest Proposal, I suggest you do so. It's considered one of the earliest and best uses of satire in the western world - or at least the English Speaking world.

I have a theory that I call The Five Stages of Satire. The theory goes like this:

>First, satire is funny; while it exposes extremes and excesses, it makes us look at ourselves through a more honest lens and gives us a chuckle in the process as we get a clearer picture of how silly we are. At this stage, it's funny though it is also meant to be biting and to challenge the status quo.
>Second, satire becomes confusing in that it becomes difficult to distinguish between the reality and satirical commentary. It begins to mirror reality in a way that makes us realize how twisted the reality has become. At this point, it begins to bother some people as it aggressively mocks and exposes excesses and stupidity. (In the US, we have passed this point.)
>Third, satire becomes disconcerting. It loses its humourous edge and acts more as biting social and political commentary. Here is where it begins to elicit reactions of anger, opposition and censorship. (We've been there, done that.)
>Fourth, satire becomes downright scary as it denudes the reality, stripping the lie from the hidden truth. Here, it is ignored by the vast majority of people as what it exposes is just too painful to acknowledge. (This, I believe, is where we are now in the United States.)
>Fifth, satire is censored and outlawed. (The US is likely headed in this direction as progressivism lacks any sense of humor and cannot bear being mocked.)

We have already seen alleged "news" media calling out The Babylon Bee for publishing "false news." Idiots! This article takes a current social trend (men who cannot compete with other men calling themselves women so that they can "win") and carries it to its next logical step.

Some memorable quotes:

"Why are you, like, huffin' and puffin', bro?"
"I dunno..."

He was the Micahel Jordan of losing, and the the craziest thing happened.

Unrelated things happen after unrelated things all the time; that's a common expression.

... and in no way related to the number of motorcycle races I lost ...

... a huge inspiration in the transvehicle community.

Not if they wanted to keep their livelihood and reputation.

... and then all I said was, "Hey, this guy's a motorcycle," and then the next thing I know, Teen Vogue magazine runs over my racing bike with a steam roller...

:
edit on 2021 6 28 by incoserv because: added some quotes.

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I saw this awhile back on here, but that was only the picture/meme.

I had not realized there was a documentary about it. lol

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   

that was epic. Replies will tell the level I suppose

+22 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I always knew there was a lot of bigoted, raycist, *phobes on ATS, but this thread...OP...you've displayed a level of hateful motorphobia I can't even begin to describe.

That brave transvehicle person put their reputation, their very life, on the line to come out as transvehicle.

You don't understand what it's like for those riding the wrong vehicle. They know what vehicle they ride inside. Who are you to judge?

Back when I rode the bus, I identified as a car driver. People would stare and mock me while I made 'vrooom vroom' noises and turned my invisible steering wheel. Yeah, when people asked how I got somewhere, i #in told them I drove my ride. It's what i believed, that made it true. Then I eventually transitioned fully, and nobody knows I used to be a bus rider.

Don't judge that brave transvehicle person, sometimes it takes years to build up the confidence to fully transition, the only way to fully gain that confidence is by completely deluding yourself to reality.

It's society's responsibility to not only encourage and enable this, but also to at least act as deluded as the transvehicle folks.

Good day to you.

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

I always knew there was a lot of bigoted, raycist, *phobes on ATS, but this thread...OP...you've displayed a level of hateful motorphobia I can't even begin to describe.

That brave transvehicle person put their reputation, their very life, on the line to come out as transvehicle.

You don't understand what it's like for those riding the wrong vehicle. They know what vehicle they ride inside. Who are you to judge?

Back when I rode the bus, I identified as a car driver. People would stare and mock me while I made 'vrooom vroom' noises and turned my invisible steering wheel. Yeah, when people asked how I got somewhere, i #in told them I drove my ride. It's what i believed, that made it true. Then I eventually transitioned fully, and nobody knows I used to be a bus rider.

Don't judge that brave transvehicle person, sometimes it takes years to build up the confidence to fully transition, the only way to fully gain that confidence is by completely deluding yourself to reality.

It's society's responsibility to not only encourage and enable this, but also to at least act as deluded as the transvehicle folks.

Good day to you.

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

you make me optimistic on the future.

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Trans isn't a real thing. It's just a bunch of mentally ill people and abusive men in skirts.

That's why the satire bites.

Everyone knows the truth and no one wants to speak it.
edit on 6 28 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Depending upon whom you are, being an abusive man in a skirt can be a bad thing to the intended target of this satire...

Twenty-five years ago, the Best Director and Best Picture awards went to a strikingly different feature film. That year, Mel Gibson captured both for his epic film Braveheart. Gibson also starred in the film as the freedom-loving, kilt-wearing William Wallace. Based on the legendary 13th-century Scottish warrior, the film was less about kindness and hope and more about unquenchable violence avenging evil and injustice. In a very different way, Gibson’s film, too, would make history.

www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Who are we to judge? Why can't the motorbike identify as a pedal bike and dominate the sport?

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Wow! This gives a whole new meanining
to the word trans-portation!

posted on Jun, 28 2021 @ 09:17 PM
link   
@projectvxn ...

Well, thanks for clearing that up, Capitán Obvio!

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 02:08 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Hahahahaha lmao wow thank you for this I'm in my car on break laughing my ass off and getting weird looks from passerby.

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 07:05 AM
link   
This ought to do the trick.

edit on 29-6-2021 by Homefree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Too funny!

I had to share that with my husband!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2021 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Well the world has it's first big transracial person now - check it out!

Oli London is Korean!

This "person" has decided now that plastic surgery is equivalent to changing races. The argument made by him makes complete sense - If you can change genders why can't you change race?

Screwed up sure, but it follows the logic out there now.

top topics

join