It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They’re Coming For My Gel Blaster!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Before I start I guess I better start with that despite a lot of members here think I’m some liberal flunky, I’m not, because I hold quite a few conservative views, it’s just there’s no need for them to be shown very often here.

So anyway, I own a gel blaster, and it’s a fun toy, but it seems I’m going to have to hand it in to authorities soon, because merely owning own could see a 3 year jail term.

Local clubs are pushing back, because there was no consultation on the matter, it was just a flat out ban.

Speaking with Oliver Peterson, Police Minister Paul Papalia said it’s likely someone could get killed if police respond to a job where someone appears to be holding an assault rifle.

“They have to take all precautions as though it’s a real firearm,” said Minister Papalia.

In response to the argument the gel blaster devices are “recreational” much like paintball guns, Minister Papalia said, “a paintball gun doesn’t look anything like a firearm.”

www.6pr.com.au...

My local club are, like many in the state, starting petitions to have it over turned, but I’m not holding my breath.

Yeah they do look like real weapons, but the chances of someone in Australia actually having a real “assault rifle” is pretty slim.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I'm asking as a Texan.
When did the Aussies put their tail between their legs? I know there was that one lone nut that shot up the place back in the day.
Tragic sh!t.
But, c'mon mates.
You're looking like a bunch of declawed cat's from this angle.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

That’s pretty lame. So paintball guns are ok because they look like a paintball gun and not a real fire arm but a plastic toy that shoots mini water balloons is bad because it looks more like a fire arm? Are you allowed to own air rifles?

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Yeah that's pretty rough mate. I'm in QLD so for the moment we can still have them....don't know how long it'll last though..

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Mate, I'm in Mid Nth. Coast N.S.W., where can I get one while I still can ?

What next ... " Ban Butter Knives!!! "

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Nope ...

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

That’s pretty lame. So paintball guns are ok because they look like a paintball gun and not a real fire arm but a plastic toy that shoots mini water balloons is bad because it looks more like a fire arm? Are you allowed to own air rifles?

Wait... Hasn't it been law in the US for 20 or so years that toy guns need a colored end cap or something?

If not a law then a guideline.

I seem to remember several people being killed by cops who mistook realistic looking toys for real guns. Like an early laser tag gun, maybe.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

Putting an orange end cap on a gun could stop a cop from shooting you. Sound fair.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 02:37 AM
link   

That really strange for one they make paintball guns that look like the real thing but those are ok?

www.choicepaintballguns.com...

My other question is what kind of officer would think a gel blaster is real the one I have has a barrel larger than a 12 gauge are your police that stupid?

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 03:01 AM
link   
The next big firearm controversy will be Air Guns.

I like target shooting and teach my grandchildren how to do it safely and competitively using air guns.

BB or Pellet, they are fun to shoot and we build safe target traps and shoot in unpopulated areas.
These guns use CO2 tanks to fire the BB or Pellet, and are typically .177 caliber and have a muzzle velocity around 350-400fps. Still, improper use, or being shot by one can hurt you, especially if you do not wear eye protection.

In Massachusetts, they do not require registration or licence, and the same applies in many other states.

However, there is a disturbing emergence of what is called "big bore" airguns. They started showing up during the pandemic. They shoot up to .50 caliber lead pellets, at muzzle velocities over 1000fps. They are powered by what is called a "PCS" (pre-charged air system) which is a much higher capacity air tank and air loading system.

These can certainly kill you, and many are more powerful than small rimfire cartridges like a .22 long rifle round.

Believe it or not.... the same low or no regulation and not considered a firearm by many states , including this one.

Since regular powder ammunition became so scarce, these are becoming popular. They can be ordered online and delivered to your door without signature. very scary, and I am sure some people are going to be killed before it is realized that these are real guns, as they have the capabilities of the real guns they are modeled after.

This will of course, trickle down to the lesser powerful BB and Pellet guns we have lived with all our lives... and they will make it hard to own them all. Such is the way of the "new" world.

edit on 24-6-2021 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 03:29 AM
link   

They're punishing you Aussies for not getting real guns. Now is too late.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 03:36 AM
link   

I checked N,S.W. position on these.

aclawgroup.com.au...

Pffft.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

Nope ...

I’ll mail you a lamp that looks like a lamp but you can slam fire a 12 gauge slug out of it if you need too. lol banning something because the way it looks is funny, I’ll send you a machine gun that looks like a briefcase as long as it looks like a briefcase the full auto function is not concerning. Let’s not talk about mechanical actuation because I could mail you sex toys that impale people that would make Dracula himself jealous. *uc king hell mate Australia needs me.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 05:41 AM
link   

You had better disguise yourself as a sheep or something and get here quickly ! Lol !

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv
If you find that scarry oh man just wait tell you see this

www.midwayusa.com...

Also can be delivered to your door no checks needed and it a actual firearm

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

First they took the real guns from the average joe.
Now they take the toys from the average joe.

Paintball guns don't look much like weapons, tbh. these do, but what next. Banning games with war attributes?

I mean, it's all in the mind, afterall.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely
Funny you say my friend getting into America is apparently way easier then getting out these days. But if I did get out and make you a lamp at least I know coming home with a wombat or real honey badger should be easy I’d just illegally immigrate back to my own home, easy peasy. Getting out though (looking to the sky and yelling #uuuuuuuuck!)

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Strewth, mate.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0

originally posted by: Trueman

First they took the real guns from the average joe.
Now they take the toys from the average joe.

Paintball guns don't look much like weapons, tbh. these do, but what next. Banning games with war attributes?

I mean, it's all in the mind, afterall.

They don’t have enough pride in their penal colony roots, it’s a shame really. A country of criminal heritage you would imagine they would have some form of innovation in shank technology or toilet hooch but down under falls flat, submissive despite they know they have some of the deadliest critters on earth they have to fend off with a phucking sneaker.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join