It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado LEO murdered in broad daylight (2 hours ago)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Authorities in Colorado are searching for 2 possible suspects after a Arvada Police Officer was shot dead in broad daylight.

The officer was responding to reports of a shooting. This occurred in a subburb of Denver.

www.foxnews.com...

A Colorado police officer was killed Monday and another person was shot in a Denver suburb, according to local reports.

The Arvada Police Department said an officer was down following a shooting in the city's Old Town district just before 1 p.m. Authorities were securing an area around West 57th Avenue and Olde Wadsworth Boulevard, police said.

The shooting injury was not a law enforcement officer. The fatality was. Prayers for both families tonight, as attacks on Law Enforcement continue to rise across the nation.

EOW 6/21/21 - RIP brave soul

edit on 6/21/2021 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

That's not a particularly bad area either. I've got a buddy who lives there.

Sad.

Prayers for the LEO's family.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Is Colorado a Liberal state?

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Sad for the officer and his family.

Lot's of shootings happening lately. I used to think that I was relatively safe from mass shootings, but one happened 25 minutes from my house 2 days ago.
edit on 21 6 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Surely you jest, right????

Colorado is about as liberal as it gets anymore! At the rate we're goin' they'll be renaming Denver to 'San FranDenver' in a couple years! Boulder went full stoopid long ago, but now the disease is spreading worse than faux-Rona!

Colorado used to be great up until a decade or so ago, but now...we're gettin' outta' here while the gettin's good!

Gonna' be another nice cattle ranch up for sale here before too long!!

edit on 6/21/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 05:47 PM
link   

the trend of attacking law enforcement is a worrisome one.

police are not the enemy.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Surely you jest, right????

Colorado is about as liberal as it gets anymore! At the rate we're goin' they'll be renaming Denver to 'San FranDenver' in a couple years! Boulder went full stoopid long ago, but now the disease is spreading worse than faux-Rona!

Colorado used to be great up until a decade or so ago, but now...we're gettin' outta' here while the gettin's good!

Gonna' be another nice cattle ranch up for sale here before too long!!

I went to Denver about 12 years ago, but just to take my kids to a candy factory. Didn't pay attention to the politics.

The reason I ask, is because law enforcement officers are treated horribly in liberal states. They would be wise to transfer to a RED state.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Prayers to the LEO's family.

If enough cops quit,what will become of law enforcement?

Also,it won't be the bad cops who will walk away first.
edit on 21-6-2021 by crazyeddie68 because: Sp.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Here's a clue: It is illegal in Colorado to collect rain water on your own property.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Really?

Unbelievable.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyeddie68
Prayers to the LEO's family.

If enough cops quit,what will become of law enforcement?

Aslo,it won't be the bad cops who will walk away first.

The mass exodus is already happening in many places, but you make a very good point: If the goal is to rid the LEO ranks of the bad apples, scaring off the good ones who aren't addicted to the authority that being a LEO gives them is only going to increase the ratio of bad apples on police forces.

It's akin to the anti-logic surrounding the farce of "common-sense gun laws," where taking limiting guns for law-abiding people will only increase the ratio of criminal who have them.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

spot on.

WLYB?

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Updates...

Suspect fatally shot.
One officer down also fatally shot by the deceased suspect.
Citizen who was shot by the deceased suspect has died of their injuries.

Damn criminals. So many lives upended by the acts of one perpetual failure at life.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Thanks for the reply FCD, its a nice area and surprising to say the least

What a shame today

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyeddie68

Plenty have already. Plenty more taken their pension and left. I really can not blame them at all. Meanwhile, recruitment is at all all-time low and crime is surging.

Not sure what will happen, but I suspect folks won't let this kind of thing stand for much longer. I believe you'll see a wholesale return of vigilantism, coupled with ordinary citizens being unable/unwilling to spill the beans on said vigilantes. Not the worst outcome IMO.

Sadly you will see fewer and fewer non-violent crimes being solved, with officers forced to focus on responding to active threats against human life and other major crimes. Shame really, because citizens living under this system will quickly grow tired of being victimized. And I don't blame them one single iota

The problem is these criminal (something I can't write here) have much less to lose, and they tend to shoot back. So get equipped, to everyone, get equipped. Get trained! And make your peace, because this is coming to a town near you, and me and the rest of us very soon. Sooner than any of us would like. Remember how COVID felt...we all thought we'd have more time to prepare. No time like the present!

Thanks for the reply my friend

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Very unwelcome news.

May the Lord be with his family.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Sorry I didn't reply to many posts here yet, feel gutted after seeing all the attacks on law enforcement today and recently

They did not deserve to go out this way

www.odmp.org...

If any one is interested

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Here's a clue: It is illegal in Colorado to collect rain water on your own property.

I don't think its a drought-driven law. Sounds radical.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Shocking to see how many officers passed away because of
Covid 19.

posted on Jun, 21 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I don't think its a drought-driven law. Sounds radical.

Colorado changed their rain barrel laws in 2016. It's not illegal anymore.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join