It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there an oil spill off the SoCal San Diego coast?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Bigburgh
So it does make sense that there would be seeping from the sea bed from time to time over time.

The oil was already there waiting to be tapped.

Oh, yeah. Certain times when you go surfing or boogie boarding you'll end up with big chunks of tar on our feet or even in your hair. Gasoline washes it out.

Yuck...
This is from the sea bed of oil seeping.

When i was a kid growing up near long beach, we'd go whale watching and frequent trips to Catalina island. It was so bad back then near the port. Garbage, used daipers, plastic and that oily film. My understanding is they have gotten better. It was just common for us to either go to San Diego or further north of Malibu to enjoy a day at the beach.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

yeah a oil spill is thick and gloopy and not transparent.

also most refined fuels again are clear and in water have an iridescent sheen

eta that's a cool ocean pic. methane hydrate deposits are very interesting
edit on 22-6-2021 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
When i was a kid growing up near long beach, we'd go whale watching and frequent trips to Catalina island. It was so bad back then near the port. Garbage, used daipers, plastic and that oily film. My understanding is they have gotten better. It was just common for us to either go to San Diego or further north of Malibu to enjoy a day at the beach.

It has gotten a bit better along the shore. Haven't been to Catalina, but it's probably gotten better also. I'm not sure if that has to do with pollution regularion or the fact that we haven't had much rain in the past year or so. I would travel from the Valley and try to avoid beaches closer to downtown. Down to the Wedge, maybe, or Trestles. Or up to Zuma, Leo Carillo or as far as Port Hueneme, although surf gets flatter up there. I got tired of driving, though. Haven't been in years.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Pismo was my go to.
Shell beach actually. Been a very looooooong time.😊

posted on Jun, 23 2021 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

how do i get to shell beach i seem to be going around in circles

top topics

<< 1   >>

join