It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there an oil spill off the SoCal San Diego coast?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm putting this in the Gray Area Forum because it's not confirmed. No news agencies are picking up on this story yet. I found this on Instagram ( another reason its in the Gray ). If true I'll try to change it to Fragile Earth.

Whale watchers are reporting a thick oil covering on the ocean surface about 70 miles off the coast if I'm reading this correctly. It goes for 50 miles. It was reported yesterday according to the IG page that this area was clean and animals were feeding.

No news.
Not on RSOE Edis.
No NOAA.

Can anyone confirm this is happening?
If it's happening, then what is the source of the oil?

Or is this a video filter made to hoax?

www.instagram.com...

It's fathers day and I'm headed to my dads. Any Solid confirmation is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Bigburgh

Edit: I did check all the news outlets for Los Angeles and San Diego.
edit on 20-6-2021 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   
It's probably a natural oil seep, which you never hear about because it doesn't fit the narrative of humans killing the planet.

www.livescience.com...

Kinda makes me wonder how much oil seeps into the oceans per year vs man made oil leaks in human history.

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Jason79

Thanks

A new study finds that the natural petroleum seeps off Santa Barbara, Calif., have leaked out the equivalent of about eight to 80 Exxon Valdez oil spills over hundreds of thousands of years.

This makes sense. The California coast way back in the day was a sight of oil derricks for miles.

So it does make sense that there would be seeping from the sea bed from time to time over time.

The oil was already there waiting to be tapped.

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jason79
It's probably a natural oil seep, which you never hear about because it doesn't fit the narrative of humans killing the planet.

www.livescience.com...

Kinda makes me wonder how much oil seeps into the oceans per year vs man made oil leaks in human history.

does this 'natural oil seep' also cause such damage?

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

An oil slick is an oil slick, no matter if it comes from a ship or a natural seep.

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

There are easily 9 visible oil rigs on the map up in the Santa Barbara area. One platform is named Holly. Next to a Seep Feild.

Not much more info on the seep field.

Today's seepage is down at San Clementé island, used by the military.

Wonder if the current took the slick down the coast.

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   
www.ndbc.noaa.gov...

I don't know if this is weather or which way the water flows😐

It says winds.

Edit: looking at marine traffic for excess container ships in the area which are at the ports off Long Beach.

www.marinetraffic.com...:-118.6/centery:33.2/zoom:8

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

True, very true.

My concern for this is if it's a shipping vessel sitting around waiting to offload and has a leak.

But you are correct. A slick is a slick and that's not good.

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It's that damn undersea UFO base again. When they give the UFOs an oil change they just let it go in the sea.

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

That's Malibu 👍🏼😆

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   
That's not crude oil, it's refined light fuel oil.

Crude oil is much thicker than that, more like mud or really thick goo.

ETA - Could be JP-4 also, from an aircraft dumping fuel on an emergency. They usually do it over water if they can. Doesn't take much fuel oil to create a really big slick. Even a few hundred gallons can create a massive slick on the surface of water. The good news is, it dissipates pretty quickly. It's not the Exxon Valdez!
edit on 6/20/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Thanks

The good news is, it dissipates pretty quickly. It's not the Exxon Valdez!

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   
What Are Natural Oil Seeps?😵

These seeps contribute about 5 million gallons of oil to the ocean annually, with wide year to year variation. They likely have been leaking for thousands of years.

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

These seeps contribute about 5 million gallons of oil to the ocean annually, with wide year to year variation. They likely have been leaking for thousands of years.

I find it astonishing that after forty years on this planet, I had never heard of natural oil leaks until today.

I know it's different to crude oil but it's still one of those things that makes you do a double take.

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: xuenchen

I find it astonishing that after forty years on this planet, I had never heard of natural oil leaks until today.

I know it's different to crude oil but it's still one of those things that makes you do a double take.

Things that are controlled by Mother Nature are in direct conflict-of-interests with the Global/Climate con game organizations. All strictly very hush-hush and "on the Q-T" you know 🤫

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

No doubt.

Our entire star system is reportedly warming.

We didn't do that.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The SD fishing community seems to think it was a diesel spill from a tanker.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: backandfill

It does appear to be a refined fuel as FlyingClayDisk has pointed out. And there is/was a lot of it.

BTW, Welcome to ATS

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
So it does make sense that there would be seeping from the sea bed from time to time over time.

The oil was already there waiting to be tapped.

Oh, yeah. Certain times when you go surfing or boogie boarding you'll end up with big chunks of tar on our feet or even in your hair. Gasoline washes it out.

posted on Jun, 22 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yeah look at the similarities of the 2 pics. One I posted and your link.

Mine:

Yours:

The location of oil seeps offshore remain consistent though the amount of oil they release may change over time. (NOAA)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join