It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Musicians share their music online?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 03:18 AM
link   
It is no secret that the music industry is a capitalistic monolith. I was in that industry for 30 years. I got my first guitar at 13, was in a band at 15, started recording my stuff at 26 (reel to reel), went professional at 30. I hated it. So i quit. I started using a computer to record my music, and make computerized digital songs. I went from Win 98...through Win 7. I composed enough music to last 7 days, 24/7.

Share your music with links to the site/s you share your music's url.

For example, this song was created in Win XP, using "Fruity Loops" (software music making program - then free) for percussion and bass, midi guitar (vibe solo), live guitar and vocals. The tracks were recorded in "Jazz++", a free track recording program for midi ( using a "Yamaha XGS-50" software synthesizer) and audio.

American Woman

I experimented with "backwards" lead solos.

edit on 3882021Fri, 18 Jun 2021 03:18:49 -05001849388am1816 by BorisBadInOff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: BorisBadInOff
It is no secret that the music industry is a capitalistic monolith. I was in that industry for 30 years. I got my first guitar at 13, was in a band at 15, started recording my stuff at 26 (reel to reel), went professional at 30. I hated it. So i quit. I started using a computer to record my music, and make computerized digital songs. I went from Win 98...through Win 7. I composed enough music to last 7 days, 24/7.

For example, this song was created in Win XP, using "Fruity Loops" (software music making program - then free) for percussion and bass, midi guitar (vibe solo), live guitar and vocals. The tracks were recorded in "Jazz++", a free track recording program for midi ( using a "Yamaha XGS-50" software synthesizer) and audio.

American Woman

There are many of us here that share our music on this site. Check out my signature.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: BorisBadInOff

Never posted this before but here's my old band echoing from the mists of time thanks to youtube.

Wired - Hereafter.

Vocals , Lead guitar ... Glenn
Rhythm guitar ... Kev
Drums ... Me
Bass , Cello ... Sharon

Dreams fade but memories never do , how young we were ...happy times.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Never posted this before but here's my old band echoing from the mists of time thanks to youtube.

Wired - Hereafter.

Vocals , Lead guitar ... Glenn
Rhythm guitar ... Kev
Drums ... Me
Bass , Cello ... Sharon

Dreams fade but memories never do , how young we were ...happy times.

I like it, thanks for posting

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I had my first band when I was 16 and have been in a lot since. Here is a website where I've shared a lot of shows my various bands played in the past, up to this year, even. There are a couple things that aren't my bands or involving me, but nearly 200 pages of things from me or my various bands:

Kenneth Dwain Harrelson on the Internet Archive.org

For a quick, one-off listen, here's me doing the old Eagle's Christmas song, "Please Come Home For Christmas." I'm doing all the voices and instruments:

Kenneth Dwain Harrelson - Please Come Home For Christmas

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Here's my latest single. Full length comes out on the 24th! Thanks for sharing everyone. Lookin forward to hearing your tunes!

Follow on Spotify

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

American Woman

There are many of us here that share our music on this site. Check out my signature.

Could you direct me to right place where music has been shared....or is it just a random kind of thing?

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Cool, thanks for sharing . All of the music sounds great.

Here is a video of "Pentazz" playing a Hendrix medley...me on the left playing guitar.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Here is my last band which broke up about 2 years ago, I think. I play the drums:

and here is my soundcloud for random stuff, experimental electronica, other old bands etc

soundcloud.com...

I am liking what people are posting too

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

Great.

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I stream sometimes on sessions live, might get on Renaissance radio

Here's an original
youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I have pretty much the same history- started years ago as a teen thinking to take over the world with my music, then stuff happens and family, kids , mortgage etc takes over. Don’t get me wrong, like Tony Stark I wouldn’t change that for the world. Got into music again recently during COVID and recording again at home.

Our music video here called - Signs of Life

youtu.be...

Hope you guys like it

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Cool, thanks for sharing . All of the music sounds great.

Here is a video of "Pentazz" playing a Hendrix medley...me on the left playing guitar.

Man, that was awesome - you can't go wrong with Jimi Hendrix!

In 1992, me and buddy had a two-man band called Terror In Tucson. We played all the parts and voices, but never played live. We cut an album that year and here's one of the songs from the sessions that didn't make it to the album. It's a cover of the Jimi Hendrix song "Purple Haze." We weren't a cover band, so anytime we did a cover song, we warped it out of proportion, because we had fun twisting the covers to our liking. It really sounds nothing like Jimi's version:

Terror In Tucson - Purple Haze

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I like that opening riff.

The mixing on the crash is kind of weird/high at the 1:00 middle section imo.

a reply to: Novaratio

edit on 18/6/2021 by chris_stibrany because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 02:42 PM
link   
There is some great stuff being shared in this thread - thanks for posting it everyone!

Like I said, me and a buddy had this band called "Terror In Tucson," and in 1993 when the whole thing with the Branch Davidians happened in Waco, Texas, we wrote a protest song about it:

Terror In Tucson - Waco

posted on Jun, 18 2021 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

I like it. Gotta warn people about that sketch/picture cover art in the link tho …took me a few seconds before I realised what it was LoL

posted on Jun, 20 2021 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Me and my late friend made this, many years ago.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Me and my late friend played in a band. The music in the video above was just a side project. We started as a trio (in Norway) and we disbanded as a trio (in Denmark). In between, we were four (a 2nd guitarist) and we had five different drummers (three in Norway and two in Denmark), not counting a demo made in Norway, where my late friend played the drums as well as one of the guitars and vocals. I played bass. We never released any albums, but made several demos and played many gigs. In this short clip we were four, and the drummer is danish. The video, I shot through my window during a sunset when it was snowing.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 05:00 PM
link   
A friend and I made a homemade cd just for fun some time in the '90s. We called it The Hotshit Collection and this is from that cd. The video I shot on my way home from a graveyard shift.

new topics

top topics

join