It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concerning an urgent Social Issue

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 02:50 AM
link   
The Center for Disease Control says you should start using your blinkers or turn signals at road crossings, when turning in to businesses and restaurants, and when changing lanes.

Do it to protect others!

Follow the Science!

You can save lives!

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

That doesn't make sense at all. I don't know what world you woke up in. People stare at their phone to drive now.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc
The Center for Disease Control says you should start using your blinkers or turn signals at road crossings, when turning in to businesses and restaurants, and when changing lanes.

Do it to protect others!

Follow the Science!

You can save lives!

Do blinkers chase the covid away?

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nunyabizisit

Do it to protect others!

Follow the Science!

You can save lives!

The left are wearing them, every day, It chases everything away and lets them focus on real problems. I mean you can't work out how to burn things if youre distracted.

Do blinkers chase the covid away?
edit on 12-6-2021 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 03:37 AM
link   

What does disease control have to do with road statistics !?

That is like the bureau of meteorology commenting on stock market trends ...

Am I missing something ?)

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

What does disease control have to do with road statistics !?

That is like the bureau of meteorology commenting on stock market trends ...

ED ZACHARY!!!!!

edit on 6/12/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Star and Flag, because I see what you did there. Your use of sarcasm touches my heart and puts a smile on my face. I truly believe sarcasm is a great teaching tool and should be mandatory in all public indoctrination facilities.

However many people find sarcasm offensive and an insult to their "intelligence", as you will soon find out by reading the comments in this thread.

I find sarcasm to be the most beautiful asset in communication and necessary to provoke well timed train of thought as well as a tool for honing an individual's ability to understand the underlying meaning of a person's statement.

Your OP provides the perfect amount of sarcasm in the opening paragraghical sentence, followed by the exclamations of sarcastic wit. Much can be learned by your OP.

What I find the most intriguing is your ATS member name, CryHavoc.

Cry: To shed tears, shout, or scream, usually to express distress, pain, sorrow, fear, or grief.

Havoc: Widespread destruction.

Automatically I see the irony in your name. While I see you as being someone far from crying havoc, I do see those opposed to your OP as being individuals that do cry havoc. I can picture them crying havoc on election night 2016.

Your OP suggests the CDC is saying the use of turning signals on automobiles will protect and save lives and that Science has proven such to be true. However, the CDC would never say such a thing as it is outside their wheelhouse, and Science is never engraved in stone, meaning Science can change its stance on a particular subject, which would never be the case in safe driving practices.

But your OP delves into more than that. You have given a hypothetical example of the ludicrosity of both the CDC and Science.

Your brilliance in the use of sarcasm to point out what should be obvious deserves an award beyond comparison.

I applaud you and I am keeping my fingers and eyes crossed in the hopes that your expert use of sarcasm awakens those who are woke.

Good tidings and fare thee well.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tundra

That doesn't make sense at all. I don't know what world you woke up in. People stare at their phone to drive now.

Give this poster an applause for pointing out an accurate observation, its long past time we sue Apple and Samsung, those MFers have plagued this planet with zombies - everywhere you look, most if not all are staring at the screen, its #in madness.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: Tundra

Give this poster an applause for pointing out an accurate observation, its long past time we sue Apple and Samsung, those MFers have plagued this planet with zombies - everywhere you look, most if not all are staring at the screen, its #in madness.

You may not have caught on to my sarcasm. Im not big on people telling me what I should and shouldn't do. But, if you did catch on, I will think about giving you an applause.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 05:36 AM
link   
The Institute for Lemming Preservation recommends not jumping off cliffs into bodies of running water.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Do it to protect others!

Follow the Science!

You can save lives!

Do you have a link for this? Because I can't see anything about this on the CDC twitter account. Was it sent out by a different organisation with the same initials?

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 07:22 AM
link   

"Turn signals"?

It's no ones business where I'm going!

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody

"Turn signals"?

Maybe we should all drive around with random blinkers flashing?

Is that what CDC thinks will scare covid away?

Or maybe CDC forgot that they are supposed to be dealing with some kind of 'pandemic' right now.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nunyabizisit

originally posted by: wheresthebody

"Turn signals"?

Maybe we should all drive around with random blinkers flashing?

Is that what CDC thinks will scare covid away?

Or maybe CDC forgot that they are supposed to be dealing with some kind of 'pandemic' right now.

Unless I am mistaken no-one has so far supplied a source for this claim about the CDC.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 07:32 AM
link   
But if I'm busy looking for the little switch that makes the light go blinky ... how am I supposed to watch the road to see where I am going, and if I am watching the road to see where I am going, how am I supposed to read the urgent CDC health warnings on my text alerts in the first place!

STOP CONFUSING ME!!11!!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
But if I'm busy looking for the little switch that makes the light go blinky ... how am I supposed to watch the road to see where I am going, and if I am watching the road to see where I am going, how am I supposed to read the urgent CDC health warnings on my text alerts in the first place!

STOP CONFUSING ME!!11!!!!

And what if your mask slips off while trying to keep up with all that?

Oh, the humanity!!!

edit on 12-6-2021 by Nunyabizisit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Nunyabizisit

Dear gawd ... I may never, ever crawl out from under my bed again.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Mirror, signal, manoeuvrer!

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Of course, we laugh, but supposedly in other countries (like Mexico), the turn signal can be used to tell you to get out of someone's way if you are going slower than they are.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: teapot
Mirror, signal, manoeuvrer!

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Did CDC also issue a report stating sarcasm is bad?

Will there be a vaccine for that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join