It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undefined rant

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The thermodynamics of some of those engines is just off the rails! I've seen ice dripping off of them at the end of a run. Fire breathing MONSTERS, with ice dripping off them after their fiery runs. The transfer of energy in many of those machines is very similar to NASA rockets.

I knew Doug Kalitta (RIP), and man, those guys ripped the sky open with that kind of POWER! There was nothing like it! Those guys burn 15 gallons of fuel in 3 seconds. Their injectors are like 1" hoses at 100psi.

They're so fast and so powerful, many tracks have shortened the length to 1/2" at 1/8th mile, and they can still get 300's.

PURE, unadulterated, POWER!! And when you look at those wrinkle-wall slicks hook up...it's almost unimaginable. The physics of the moment, however brief, is just chilling!

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Sympathies.

But at least there was a "driver" in the car that beat you.

In not too many years, the cars won't even need drivers, and might not even have steering wheels!

Then it'll be "Best regards to Captain Dunsell"!

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Nitromethane has about double to punch than gasoline, that means in turn it needs less air to process more fuel.

The higher the sidewalls of a tire, the softer and springy it becomes. The thinner the sidewall get, the stiffer they are, depends on the stretch, too. Anyway the smaller you go, the smaller the tolerance for it to loose traction in a sideways motion aka drifting. Higher sidewalls are more forgiving in turns. The demands depend on the axis and suspension work too. On the front, where you have lot's of turning motion, you want different sidewall behavior for handling, also depending on the suspension work.

These huge soft drag tires are engineered to act like a little spring that provides enough torsion so the mechanical grip can build up, until the forward motion set's in. It also protects the drive shaft from snapping because these tires and with the weight distribution have high mechanical grip already.

Add: There are other techniques like pulling the clutch, but some material will have to suffer, clutch, shaft, tires, suspension, engine internals. Pumping the clutch once while launching and then easing out so there's not that much tire slip but enough to enable AWD system. Then we talk about 2.8-3.0 seconds 0-61mph (100kmh) but the 60mph we passed short before 2nd. so the 60-120mph time is a bit slower because second ends about two third into the range.

Then the gears come closer together because the gearbox is actually for circuit racing and time attack built. So relative to 1st and 2nd, the other gears are shorter except 6th. Above 1st there's always enough boost available with a small decent clutch kick so it just keeps on raging if you are above 2nd. It's boost by gear. Means I decide the fuel map and boost settings etc for each gear. First two gears are restricted, only in third, when aerodynamics take over (on video the car visibly lowers as it accelerates on the bumper cam) there's full boost/hate available.

edit on 11.6.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021
Oh my, I think this thing had enough assistance systems on bord that could pull it off on a straight drag strip with white lines it can detect.

Then the owners will send their cars with the press of a button.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

"What it means in simple terms is that I value the contest and I honor the rules of the game."

And nothing else matters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join