It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anomalous Metallic Object Discovered Inside a 4.5 Billion-Year-Old Meteorite

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Havamal

I am just suspicious and think there is far more to it than we are told, that said just keep an open mind I do not have the answer either and it is one that until we do have those answers you will have to decide for yourself.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Good point. I guess they are doing more testing on the object. We shall see.

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Looks interesting..nice find!

I don't have much to add, but star and flag!

posted on Jun, 10 2021 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I have a hunch that this is a well crafted fake/fraud. The edges between the metal and rock are to clean.

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Thank you for posting this. It opens a box full of toys.

As for

I agree that sometimes mystery is more fun than knowing the mundane.

I only want to remind that simply being here, in the midst of ANYTHING, is utterly, awesomely mind blowing. Just because we grow used to the astounding does not make it an iota less so.

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles
I've got nothing to add, but here's the pics from the article.

Looks organic

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Xray that thing . My guess is its a surface anomaly and does not continue its cylindrical shape into or apart from the base meteorite . Time and nature can produce some strange items . Cool post

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ThothHermes

Could be and while the Crystalline method can be ruled out for creating such a shape (almost definitely as metals form lattice structures in there crystalline matrix usually creating straight edged formations) there is one other possible even perhaps likely method to create such a shape, impact or other source of heat melting the surface and creating a bubble of trapped gas beneath it that would bulge out in a spherical or ellipsoid shape, we may be seeing part of the remains of such a bubble in the material and that would explain such a feature.

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: ThothHermes

Could be and while the Crystalline method can be ruled out for creating such a shape (almost definitely as metals form lattice structures in there crystalline matrix usually creating straight edged formations) there is one other possible even perhaps likely method to create such a shape, impact or other source of heat melting the surface and creating a bubble of trapped gas beneath it that would bulge out in a spherical or ellipsoid shape, we may be seeing part of the remains of such a bubble in the material and that would explain such a feature.
Agreed . Im sick of everything being of alien origin

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I think it's like an optical illusion. It's going inwards not outwards. Like a hologram picture. It's a dent or chip that looks at a certain angle like a shell casing protruding outwards.

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Since the meteorite itself was formed several hundred millions of years before the planets, it begs the questions: who made it, and where did it originate before becoming part of the solar nebula? A very real possibility might be that the cylinder originated on a planet orbiting a Population 2 star that exploded as a nova several billion years before our solar system formed....

This part doesn't seem to make much sense though.

posted on Jun, 11 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Interesting find! I love this sort of stuff. Just posting here to maintain a bookmark on the thread, will return with further thoughts later.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Perhaps a ritual object meant to not be discovered. Now the minions from hell are loose to wreak havoc on unsuspecting humans. Feel that crawling feeling on your skin? I thought so....

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This is a really cool find. If it's natural it's odd that its not cubic. The spectrograph indicates no lead so it's definitely not a bullet. It almost resembles a portion of a light weight strut with a hollow core. It shows some deformation and oddly the rock seems to have flowed through it from bottom to top. I'm not a huge mettalurgy expert but it does seem to be an odd combination of elements for something that fell from space to be natural. I would of course expect high levels of oxygen and silicate but the other elements are odd to me. Usually manganese indicates an alloy.

I would also think that the micrometorite impact would be fairly difficult to fake. The spattering definitely seems to indicate a high velocity impact. There might be ways to fake it but I know of no welding device that would precisely create that. I suppose you could stick it in a particle accelerator and acheive that effect. Overall it's just very odd. I'm personally leading towards either a masterful fake or a possibly artificial occurrence. It's not wholly impossible that its a randomly natural occurrence. Until more is known about the specific sample of the inclusion I guess we'll have to wait and see.

posted on Jun, 12 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: graysquirrel
I have a hunch that this is a well crafted fake/fraud. The edges between the metal and rock are to clean.

That's one of the things that does make me skeptical but perhaps the rock just by chance formed a fracture line around that space. Perhaps it impacted another object at some point and broke apart? Either way without a real examination it's impossible to say.

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Veda says that the universe goes through a cycle of day and night. Neither souls nor matter gets destroyed during the night.
The only thing absent is light. In the interregnum between night and day, a new Creation takes shape. Each day and night is about four billion Earth years.

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 05:29 AM
link   

They have metal in them all the time. There's literally NO story here.

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 10:05 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Yeah, well, the thing is iron meteorites get melted into all kinds of funky shapes when the come through the atmosphere. Here's an image from the Internet. You should be able to easily see where there are similar shapes and it would only take a slightly different melting pattern to produce an "object" similar to that in the images of the OP.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join