It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikipedia Co-Founder: Site’s Neutrality Is ‘Dead’ Thanks to Leftist Bias

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

AND CHECK THE FOOTNOTES!

But reading more words takes effort....and brainpower.
edit on 8/6/2021 by dug88 because: My brainpower ran out mid sentence. Relying on Networkdude for beer was your first mistake.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Anything controversial and especially political will usually be biased one way or the other.

So will the footnotes.

Season accordingly...

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 12:48 AM
link   
La reply to: pravdaIseeker

I may have used Wiki a dozen or so times, I was always under the assumption it could not be trusted. I only used it to look up actors for the most part.

Hasn't it been said all along that Wikipedia was full of false info, and didn't Encyclopedia Britannica say that also?

I recall finding false info on Wikipedia but that was years ago, right after the classroom elephant thing. Anyone remember that?

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
But reading more words takes effort....and brainpower.

It's easier just to get outraged.

posted on Jun, 9 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Another bit along these lines is that traditional encyclopedias haven't been free of bias, either. Editing in those publications is of a higher standard, but the publications can't be claimed to be 100% neutral. All in all though, Britannica is probably the better resource to consult for serious topics that are not current events.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 13 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: pravdaseeker

Why should we expect any website to be able to suppress their bias? It would be better to accept the bias and not pretend it’s neutral.

<< 1  2   >>

join