It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun-Sniffing Dog Snitches on Concealed Carriers in Houston Malls

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 07:24 AM
link   
www.thetruthaboutguns.com...

Do I “feel safe” knowing that these five malls in Houston are now defenseless victim zones in a state otherwise teeming with citizens who can protect themselves? Hell no. Way to paint a target on these malls by making them exactly like the other “gun free zones” where almost every single shooting of this sort in history has taken place.

Brookfield’s choice hasn’t “taken a proactive step to address the threat of gun violence” by disarming perfectly law-abiding people. It has done the polar opposite. It has created uniquely vulnerable environments in an area that is thankfully (though not for these malls) very short on those.

headline pretty much says it all
Texas allows guns so I guess some clever prog figured a way around.

has a concealed carrier ever (EVER?) committed a shooting?

here is linque to original source article. requires registration

www.houstonchronicle.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero
Malls are a dead/dying thing here on the East Coast. Maybe they should be happy for customers at all.... guns or not.

Gun toting Texans should take their business elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Here's the part I have a problem with...

Here in Texas, an establishment can post a ... “no guns allowed” sign, violation of which is a Class A misdemeanor.

I'm not aware of this law, must be unique to TX. In most states, a violation of a posting can only result in being asked to leave the premises. Failure comply is then considered "Trespass", and that is punishable by a misdemeanor if convicted. Either the statement in the article is miswritten, or I would think that is a violation of State and/or Federal law.

Here's the thing...I don't carry a firearm to be some sort of a law enforcement officer; if I carry a firearm it is to protect myself and my loved ones from grave bodily harm or death.

I have no problem with an establishment posting their business. I can choose to shop elsewhere. But if I should happen into a business without seeing said sign (for any of a variety of reasons), I should not be committing a crime. Else they better put that sign in flashing 10 foot tall neon letters at every entrance.

ETA - Furthermore, any business who desires to post their premises should also be required to post the reasons "why" I should not carry a firearm. So, for example, they should be required to explain what measures they have put in place to protect my welfare, and also clearly state that they fully ACCEPT THE LIABILITY of protecting my welfare.

edit on 6/8/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   

People still go to the mall?
Waste of gas and energy.
I did hear about this yesterday at the dog park. People are not very happy here in Dallas.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Pretty sure any establishment is responsible for everyone’s safety should they bar firearms on the premises. Same principle if it happens on your property. Civil matter, but still.
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

edit on 8-6-2021 by willzilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   
In Texas a businesses must have a 30.06 or 30.07 sign posted at the entrance to the building if they choose to restrict firearms on their property. 30.06 is for concealed carry and 30.07 is for open carry. Just the goofy gun with the red circle and line through it will not work. Also they can ask you to leave if the find that you are carrying but if the cops get involved that is when the fines and maybe even bigger trouble comes.

www.austinchronicle.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Texicali now man, Texas used to be cool

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 10:03 AM
link   
That dog only detects GUN POWDER RESIDUE not guns themselves...

It will detect the gunman after he kills everyone once he smells like gun powder.....

Moronic..

Texas pass constitutional carry so these businesses need to quit the virtue signaling and let the citizens protect selves and community in conjunction with the local authorities.

It's a fact that the more likely a person is to be carrying a gun the less likely a criminal will attempt to rob assault etc

It's funny that all the mass shootings happen in places like churches and Walmart and movie theater schools what is common between all of those? They are gun free zones...

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I think everyone should visit the range before going there.
Fire a couple of boxes of ammo and then leave weapons at home.
That should make the dogs go nuts along with their handlers.
That should be a fun thing to see.
a reply to: htxhardheads

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: JFA13

Heh, I actually eliminated the "30.06" part from my quote because I thought the author was being sarcastic! I thought surely they wouldn't have an ordinance about firearms with a number of .30-06 (as in 7.62 x 51mm)!!!

So what you're telling me is, there is actually an Ordinance number "30.06", right? How utterly ironic!

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: htxhardheads

Try going and playing a round of golf right before heading to the airport!!

The ammonium nitrate on your person from the fertilizer they use is more than enough to trigger the explosive detection equipment.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Here's the part I have a problem with...

Here in Texas, an establishment can post a ... “no guns allowed” sign, violation of which is a Class A misdemeanor.

I'm not aware of this law, must be unique to TX. In most states, a violation of a posting can only result in being asked to leave the premises. Failure comply is then considered "Trespass", and that is punishable by a misdemeanor if convicted. Either the statement in the article is miswritten, or I would think that is a violation of State and/or Federal law.

Here's the thing...I don't carry a firearm to be some sort of a law enforcement officer; if I carry a firearm it is to protect myself and my loved ones from grave bodily harm or death.

I have no problem with an establishment posting their business. I can choose to shop elsewhere. But if I should happen into a business without seeing said sign (for any of a variety of reasons), I should not be committing a crime. Else they better put that sign in flashing 10 foot tall neon letters at every entrance.

ETA - Furthermore, any business who desires to post their premises should also be required to post the reasons "why" I should not carry a firearm. So, for example, they should be required to explain what measures they have put in place to protect my welfare, and also clearly state that they fully ACCEPT THE LIABILITY of protecting my welfare.

My issue is the weapons are concealed, so the business shouldn't know you have it regardless. That is the point of CONCEALED.

The other issue I have is that there is no data or science that shows crimes are being committed by law abiding concealed weapons holders, so I'd love one of these lefties to explain the logic of these signs and who they are intended for?

Thugs/criminals who carry firearms are not likely to give two shizts about some sign on a door.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

No argument with that either.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Absolutely! I used to own a signage company and had to make all those 30.06 signs. I used to think the same thing every time I made one. Very Ironic!

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I was going to troll the anti-gunners in my community by selling yard signs at our farmers market that say "This Home Is Gun Free" and see how many of these idiots actually put the signs in their yard...

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Malls are private property. Private property owners can set their rules. If they don't want guns that is their right, just like I can say anyone coming into my house can't carry. If you don't feel safe, don't go and let them know why.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I don't disagree, I think it's stupid, I also think it's their right.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Get a bag of gunpowder and some spent shells. Powder the floor at various spots and leave some shells in planters and garbage cans. False positives all over the place.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Claim infringement of your religious freedom and to keep their dogs away from you as they are unclean.

posted on Jun, 8 2021 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Man's best friend, working for the man. Almost got got in the DC bus terminal with a pipe, no green in it but still, that would have been a headache for me. Luckily as the cop was coming to me, someone walked by him and the dog barked so he followed that person. I took off for my bus's bay.

By far the closest call for me.

But guns? I didn't know K-9s could sniff out guns. Not that I care either way.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join