It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can climate alarmists explain away ancient megadroughts? They can’t

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

I have mentioned ancient mega-droughts, in previous posts, that dwarf the current water crisis in the southwest USA.

Here in an article put out on the 6th of June 2021 that sort of "brings it all home". There were in fact many droughts of 20 years or more in length. The current climate alarmists are screaming "man made" crisis, only after 4 to 5 years of drought.

The one I have mentioned most often, and my dates 1000 AD to roughly 1200 AD, was ACTUALLY a 240 year long drought that began in 850 AD!

The studies were done on tree ring analysis, which is pretty dang reliable...

I add to mention that all of these terrible droughts were long before modern Industrial Age and fossil fuel usage.

How can climate alarmists explain away ancient megadroughts? They can’t

Studies of tree rings, sediment and other natural evidence have documented multiple extreme droughts in the southwestern U.S. over the last 1,000+ years, including several which lasted more than twenty years—that’s FIVE TIMES longer than the relatively puny 4-year drought that hit California and other parts of the Desert Southwest in 2012-15.

Twenty years is a long time, but some past droughts in what is now the southwestern U.S. lasted even longer. Much longer.

One that began in the year 850 AD crawled on for a mind-boggling 240 years, and that megadrought occurred more than a thousand years before the climate fear industry dreamed up the man-made global warming theory in the early 1980s. According to the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), the drought of 850 was so severe that it led to the demise of an entire civilization—the Mayan Empire. And that drought wasn’t alone. Fifty years before it began, another megadrought, one which lasted 180 years, was just winding down.

With that bit of climate history in mind, here’s my question for Professor Ault: What caused those mega-droughts?

It is my firm belief that the earth is entering another "era" of severe drought, especially for the southwest USA region. This has been a keen subject for me to study due to me living in the same region for most of my life, and seeing numerous hunting seasons, and summers wiped out by forest closures, and massive wild fires, that each year broke records for the previous year in acres burned.

Out of like 8 summers, our ability to enjoy the lovely forests were not allowed. Locked out, and only after extreme pressure did they open the forest one summer. These small windows of open forest had full time no open fire restrictions etc... you could NOT have a campfire. Even in designated forest service campgrounds. You had to use a propane canister stove, etc.

Well, of course, a "big city" camper came to the forest and left a campfire unattended in a wind storm..... burned the whole bloody mountain down. After that, they would open the forests for only a few weeks, after the tiny amount of snow melted.

I even think that the "elite" or high ups; know about this coming long lasting drought, or at least it's very high probability via science. Only that the answers they got were a dismal future was coming, a repeat of history.

It is pushing so much of the "narrative" in the news, and building a case for a "need" to cull the population, and it being all mankind fault, when it REALLY isn't. It is just a long term natural cycle.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: pravdaseeker

You are right, The earth , solar system, and universe operate on cycles the human mind can not comprehend yet climate alarmists want to say it is all man made. There have been times with more drought, more co2, more heat, more cold all without man around to have caused it.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   
www.barrons.com...

The 2012-16 drought was no surprise to older Californians, who should have remembered some of the nine multiyear droughts that afflicted California since 1900. They might also have remembered the floods that ended most of those droughts.

At this drought’s worst, at the end of 2014, Oroville Lake was at 26% of capacity, but the water level rose during heavy winter rains in 2015. On Feb. 10, two years ago, it was at 45%, and a year ago, it was at 47%.

Last weekend, after weeks of heavy rain, the lake was at 100% of its design capacity, dangerously close to flowing over the top of the dam, threatening erosion that could endanger the dam and the people downstream.

The dam operators had to lower the water level by opening a concrete spillway to such a large flow that part of the spillway collapsed into a giant pothole about the size of a football field.

CA's water issues aren't new by a long shot. Just forgotten by some.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   

35 years ago I was taught "climate change" in skewl...

Now it's..

(((GLOBAL WARMING)))

so be afwaid, be vewy afwaid.

And in other news, Frosty the Snowman and Jack Frost are seen holding hands in Cancun.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The cliff dwellers of the SW could tell you about it, but several of those cultures were killed off by the mega droughts. They were either forced to move away and learn to live in other ways or they were so reduced that other cultures absorbed them entirely one way or another.

People forget that California is still a part of the desert SW, and that's called "desert" for a reason. It doesn't help that they've so overloaded that local area that they are, indeed, having an impact on the local climate and making things worse. There won't be enough water for everyone if this is another mega drought setting in.

Perhaps we should thank leftist governance for chasing so many people off before they kill themselves.

posted on Jun, 6 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   

"The current climate alarmists are screaming "man made" crisis, only after 4 to 5 years of drought."

Dude, my local spews' weather harlot CONSTANTLY reminds its viewers about "global warming" if we get more than a 1000th of an inch of rain in a 24 hour period, and also if we only get a 1000th of an inch of rain in a 24 hour period....

You get what I just said right, no matter WHAT, all talking heads are pushing the global warming hoax.

From wiki: The global temperature record shows the fluctuations of the temperature of the atmosphere and the oceans through various spans of time. The most detailed information exists since 1850, when methodical thermometer-based records began.

Now...THEY...say Earff is millions of years old...

If so, and weather has only been documented for a couple hundred years...

Why be fearful? How do we know it isn't normal weather patterns?

"Scientists know the weather because of soil samples and tree rings and the taste of T-rex sh!t"

Uh huh. Well, I can guess the weather better than any short skirted weather bunny. It's NOT that hard. Glowing screen weather bunnies have not been around but so long. It was right before my birth that the 50s & 60s saw colorless glowing screens telling Americans all about...

(((GLOBAL COOLING)))

(((ICE AGE COMING)))

so yeah, any idiot can see that bullscat sells. MSM uses fear to scare sheep into being viewers by having women with cookie cutter clothing cry climate change, when, like I said, it was taught in schools as a normal part of our environment, the climate changes, like the seasons, and there is absolutely NOTHING to fear except fear itself.

top topics

join