It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clubhouse App

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Hey everyone, I came across a really cool app a couple of days ago called Clubhouse.

I'd describe it as a virtual meeting room, where you can join in on all kinds of topics from music, business, aliens, crypto, politics, engineering, dating, conspiracies, you name it.

The biggest thing I like about it is that in just the two short days I've been on there I've been able to talk about issues in politics and social/economics and stuff. I've been able to talk to politicians all across the US, and I even got to talk about some local issues and joke around with Spike Cohen.

Yesterday, there was a pretty decent debate all day long about the 2nd Amendment and the right to bear arms.

It was interesting to me, because it started out with people just in the US, but as it went on there were some British people and Australians who joined in.

I'd definitely recommend it. You can join a room and treat it like a podcast or if you want to join in and ask the speakers questions or become a speaker you just request to join in.

posted on May, 28 2021 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
Hey everyone, I came across a really cool app a couple of days ago called Clubhouse.

I'd describe it as a virtual meeting room, where you can join in on all kinds of topics from music, business, aliens, crypto, politics, engineering, dating, conspiracies, you name it.

The biggest thing I like about it is that in just the two short days I've been on there I've been able to talk about issues in politics and social/economics and stuff. I've been able to talk to politicians all across the US, and I even got to talk about some local issues and joke around with Spike Cohen.

Yesterday, there was a pretty decent debate all day long about the 2nd Amendment and the right to bear arms.

It was interesting to me, because it started out with people just in the US, but as it went on there were some British people and Australians who joined in.

I'd definitely recommend it. You can join a room and treat it like a podcast or if you want to join in and ask the speakers questions or become a speaker you just request to join in.

2 billion users now
facebook is doomed in about 2 years from now

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Yessir. It's so much easier to have a healthy conversation on Clubhouse than Facebook.

Especially since every room is actively moderated and kept on track. It's a lot harder for trolls to derail conversations and debates.

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

I listen to The Dan Lebatard Show W/ Stugotz, a pod out of Miami that's a sports show with a lot of BS floating around and the guy there liked the idea but said the app itself didn't work too well. This was only a month or two ago, recent so take it FWIW. Sorry, I forget what flaws he was talking about as I don't use social media and am a bit clueless about all that.

posted on May, 29 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

I gotcha. I personally haven't had any issues with it except the occasional connection issue, but that's on my end.

new topics

top topics

join