It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't stop believing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   
When was the last time you experienced something like this? Complete strangers coming together close and then what happens at around 05:35...just amazing! So I wanted to share this with you.

I suggest watching it from the start if you like music. Let yourself be surprised.

People of all ages, types and viewpoints just enjoying the moment of passion, having fun together. We need to remember these things happened and still happen. Contrary to what the big MSM tells us, we're not all hating each others. We don't need to be afraid of each other's germs.

Enjoy

edit on 27.5.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   
What, is that movie from the seventies to early eighties when people loved being social? Nostalgia is so great.

posted on May, 27 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Tony Soprano's least favorite song...

posted on May, 27 2021 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
I guess the dude wasn't into novelettish songs.

Btw, someone not English speaking has this dilemma:

- You like how the song sounds but you disagree with text.
- You like what it expresses but it sounds awful.
- You like both.

Lol lot's of German people sing along English songs that they wouldn't if they knew what they were singing.

posted on May, 27 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
The colors are too 2010ish

posted on May, 27 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

You probably wouldn't like it either if it was the song you got murdered to.

Lol lot's of German people sing along English songs that they wouldn't if they knew what they were singing.

I do the same thing with Deutschland Uber Alles...catchy tune, lyrics are a bit dated.

posted on May, 27 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Enjoy the freedom to sing whatever you like it because we can't. Not that I have the urge to.

Let's focus on the positive things

posted on May, 27 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I have taught my 10 year old Grandson to sing Deutschland Uber Alles in a German accent whenever he see's a German flag.
He hums La Marseillaise when he see's the French flag.
And he sings God Save the Queen when he see's The Stars and Stripes.

He also shouts Big Massive Wanker when he see's a BMW.

I know I shouldn't but it makes me laugh.

ETA.

The BMW thing is to do with drivers of BMW's and how they are nearly all complete knobheads who think they own the roads and think they have right of way at all times.
It is also mandatory for them to drive as fast as possible at all times regardless of other road users etc and indicating is optional.

edit on 27/5/21 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Btw, someone not English speaking has this dilemma:

- You like how the song sounds but you disagree with text.
- You like what it expresses but it sounds awful.
- You like both.

I remember a German commercial for learning new languages.

It was a family of 4 getting into a car, all smiles.

The dad turns on the radio and they all start happily singing, "What, what. . in the butt"

posted on May, 27 2021 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

He also shouts Big Massive Wanker when he see's a BMW. 

I remember when the acronym was translated to something far less politically correct.

I'd be glad he's just calling them wankers.

posted on May, 27 2021 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Most of the RTAs I've witnessed or been in have had a BMW in the mix...

The stereotype is not unwarranted.

posted on May, 27 2021 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Contrary to what the big MSM tells us, we're not all hating each others. We don't need to be afraid of each other's germs.

That's right and

For making believe the human is nasty now!
For making us think we're all gonna die some how.
What you did in the nursing homes is your biggest party foul.

Extended intro

posted on May, 27 2021 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Okay I guess it's about cars now. And it wasn't me, that's unusual

BMW Bavarian manure wagon.
I had one once. E30 M3.

Fiat faults in all tparts. Had to butcher the last word for translation. This is true, had a Fiat panda.

Ford - travel with Ford, arrive by train

Opel/Vauxhall - Audi has for rings each one stands for 100k km it will make at least.
Opel has one ring and it's even stroke out

SEAT - Spanish erroneous auto trash

posted on May, 27 2021 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

He also shouts Big Massive Wanker when he see's a BMW.

That is the best!

Wanker is a much under utilised bit of vocabulary and a shared piece of culture between the Aussies and brits.

posted on May, 27 2021 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I had one once. E30 M3.

Fiat faults in all tparts. Had to butcher the last word for translation. This is true, had a Fiat panda.

Opel/Vauxhall - Audi has for rings each one stands for 100k km it will make at least.

Pretty accurate.

SKODA - Stop Killing Ostentatious Drivers' Aspirations.

I just made that up, I'm owning it.

posted on May, 27 2021 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Hey hey hey HEY

Tony was a good guy. I hate journey too. And steve perry. Talk about annoying af bands for 200, alex.

posted on May, 27 2021 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I had one once. E30 M3.

Pretty accurate.

SKODA - Stop Killing Ostentatious Drivers' Aspirations.

I just made that up, I'm owning it.

When I was a kid my old mans acronym for Ford was Found On Rubbish Dump

We both now drive Ford Rangers and they are a damn good Ute (truck, pickup)

posted on May, 28 2021 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

That is the best!

He's also started doing the obligatory hand signal when shouting it now.
I think its funny.

Wanker is a much under utilised bit of vocabulary and a shared piece of culture between the Aussies and brits.

Its a great word, especially as its so misunderstood by the rest of the world!

We have many shared values and customs....notable exceptions being your love of vegemite, our inability to play cricket to any decent standard any more and you lot being crap drinkers.

Oh....and the love of 'taking the piss'.

posted on May, 28 2021 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Haha that just tops it off, good lad!

And yes we are much more alike than our American cousins and we also have an affinity with the Irish as well...not surprising though being that’s where the first Europeans here came from.

Takin’ the piss is another great piece of phraseology.

Not sure about the crap drinkers part....maybe in the cities but out here in the country it’s kinda like our national sport.

posted on May, 28 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   
We say that AUDI has built in right of way, examining the amount of idiots that drive them.

I too have used above car hate-isms but I have learned since then that there are so many layers to # up. Quality control, design, usability, durability, driveability, interior and exterior, choosing the right partnerships and having the right companies to built machines for you and also service them. So that you can manufacture piece for piece, thousands of them for each group of the car.

And the customer is right to expect everything nice and working for the amount of money they spend to buy a car. That they have worked hard for. Truth is these margins are very small and the money is made over years, with pure numbers.

I am sure what I will write now is true for foreign, non German cars too. Today cars have anti tire block systems, servo stearing, brakeforce multipliers, better suspensions, better brakes, they are very easy to drive. They are setup in a way that a normal driver has to do a lot of stupid things to bring the car to the edge until something bad happens. Even then the suspension will notify soon enough something is going to be wronger very fast.

There's so much to think about, it would be too long to list it all now.

Every car manufacture has it's own concept and ideas about all of the above. You have to have driven a few BMW, Porsche, AUDI, Ford, VW ... to get the feel of the idea. It's hard to describe but those who drive a lot know what I mean. A good manufacture will build cars over years that you will sit in and just know "this is a X" if the one is used to the car. Not with closed eyes but when you drive it.

To make these setups and test them, tune them in and make them so the normal, not motor sport enthusiast can understand and predict the car... they are driven on race tracks. One of the most used is the one I have put a few rounds on. This one track is over 20km long and was built and modified over the years to test every possible driving condition you can imagine. This track has different weather zones, you could have snow, sunshine, rain and fog in one round. No snow in summer though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join