It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's NASA's posture in the current 'Disclosure Mania"?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

originally posted by: JimOberg
As folks hereabouts realize, I tend to restrict my comments to a limited range of topics I have lifelong experience with -- spaceflight operations and rocket flight events [launch, on-orbit, deorbit, reentry fireball swarms]. The current aircraft videos I consider interesting and well worth deeper analysis.

I'd appreciate any links to any mentions of spaceflight-related [of any nation or corporation] events suggestive of encountering non-human [or secret human] technologies , where official disclosure may be expected.

Dunno if this is just space junk, but this guy spotted something interesting on the ISS feed

Is that the best you can do? You're saying this is a totally unexplainable sighting that NASA is baffled by? Or that some kid in his Mom's basement who never even got the Boy Scout 'Space Exploration' merit badge has no clue what it could be, that makes it a 'true UFO'?

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
While looking for anything recent from NASA on UFOs, I came across this NASA whistleblower, Marian Rudnyk.

On January 1, 2017 former NASA astronomer Marian Rudnyk was eating at a McDonald's McDiner in Monrovia, California when he noticed four unknown craft descend out from the dark rain clouds. Racing outside he shot photos and a video - & changed his life forever. The footage was authenticated by US Air Force Space Command and a heavy military response ensued - and events continue to unfold to this day. This is that story & so much more...

Video is in the link

So a guy who claims he worked for NASA saw something weird on his own time, and that's some sort of 'NASA UFO secret'? This is getting to be very disappointing.

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I took a few days off to replace my burnt-out laptop. These responses indicate I didn't miss anything substantive. So let's keep watching, hoping, and letting imaginations run wild [in other words, UFOria as usual].

On the plus side, nobody trotted on Ken Johnson or Maurice Chatelain as some credible whistleblower -- that counts as progress,, good.

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Here is something caught by the international space station, This is right up your alley so to speak.

NASA officials 'baffled' after space cameras catch UFO following ISS for over 20 minutes

www.express.co.uk...

Has this got a thread of its own?

I'm excitedly waiting the report on the phonema

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I have no idea what NASA's posture is in regard to the current "mania", but if it's anything like yours Jim Oberg, I believe it will be very condescending.

A thread that asks an impossible question, solely designed so that the author can have snide pops at anyone who has the nerve to answer or speculate on his question.

Jim Oberg knows NASA has not made an official stance in regard to the current furore, even before he wrote this thread. Disappointing.
edit on 31/5/2021 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmatuerSkyWatcher
I have no idea what NASA's posture is in regard to the current "mania", but if it's anything like yours Jim Oberg, I believe it will be very condescending.

A thread that asks an impossible question, solely designed so that the author can have snide pops at anyone who has the nerve to answer or speculate on his question.

Jim Oberg knows NASA has not made an official stance in regard to the current furore, even before he wrote this thread. Disappointing.

So there's zero evidence you are willing to point to that NASA has =ANY= 'UFO secrets'? Shocker.

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

If they do, it's well hidden, as you well know. Just like you know they have not stated anything in regard to the current situation.

I assume you're not really expecting someone who has nothing to do with NASA (me) to have anything in regard to any evidence, and I assume if someone had some information from someone who did have anything to do with NASA either currently or in the past, you'd be ready with the "mom's basement" line once again, and dismiss it out of hand.

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Did you or anyone else ever figure out what this triangle object is ?

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: easynow

Did you or anyone else ever figure out what this triangle object is ?
What mission is that, STS-48?
Usually people talk about the "zig-zag ufo" in that mission and Jim Oberg's site has a writeup about that.
That's not the zig-zag ufo though, he says it's later and from another camera, but still I think this page from Jim's site about the STS-48 mission is relevant (I can't give you an exact link since his site seems to be temporarily down at the moment, I had this downloaded and used this page already in a previous discussion about STS-48. It's from somewhere on jamesoberg.com)

The relevance is there was a lot of orbiter generated debris on that mission, see the comment by STS-48 astronaut Mark Brown about ice crystals looking like diamonds in space, and triangle shape isn't that much different than diamond shape. Also see the comment by the STS-48 Co-pilot that there was a leaky dump nozzle which generated a lot of debris, so I don't see how more orbiter generated debris can be ruled out for a fuzzy triangle when the astronauts on that mission said they were generating a lot of debris.

Do you have an original video instead of a recording of a TV? That might give more detail, but I from this video I have to disagree with the speaker saying "We can see clearly a delta-shaped wing and tail", it's not clear at all, that sounds like his pareidolia talking. It's a fuzzy triangle and looks to me like it could be just more orbiter-generated debris like in the other STS-48 video that got all the attention.

The shapes of out of focus objects can be misleading too, and are not necessarily the shape of the object but can be an artifact of the camera design and aperture, etc. For example this triangle or pyramid UFO is in the news a lot lately except the triangle shape is definitely an artifact of the camera in the video below; I'm not sure of the camera details in your video because there's no specific reference to the mission let alone time index or exact camera:

edit on 2021531 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Yes STS-48

Yes a non-conclusive argument can be made it's debri ... but in light of recent events with NAVY pilots disclosing they have consistently encountered UAP's for many years, it can also be argued it could be a UFO.

These recent UAP revelations will put NASA in a quite a pickle because if the NAVY pilots are encountering objects daily then obviously NASA has also been covering up (lying about) the UAP phenomena for many years

So it's not surprising Gym has created this thread trying to stay ahead of the curve ... lmao

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: easynow
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Yes STS-48

Yes a non-conclusive argument can be made it's debri ... but in light of recent events with NAVY pilots disclosing they have consistently encountered UAP's for many years, it can also be argued it could be a UFO.

These recent UAP revelations will put NASA in a quite a pickle because if the NAVY pilots are encountering objects daily then obviously NASA has also been covering up (lying about) the UAP phenomena for many years

So it's not surprising Gym has created this thread trying to stay ahead of the curve ... lmao

How does that follow? Does the recent dance validate EVERYBODY'S UFO reports for the last seventy years?

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: easynow

Re that old Stubbs video, it's typical non-sequiturs from a guy who was appallingly clueless about real spaceflight procedures and terminology. EXAMPLE: when a CAPCOM called up, "We're sending you an Orbiter state vector" [a navigation fix], Stubbs elaborated a fantasy of Houston actually saying, "We're sending you an order to STAY VECTOR" under the awesome delusion that this was secret space jargon for 'staying on course' and pretending you're not seeing the UFOs.

I just posted this comment on that youtube site. "confirms that no water dump has yet taken place...so no ice!" -- In your dreams, Martyn. The crew could tell this kind of stuff was close and small because unlike the TV view, they had depth perception from two eyes -- like baseball outfielders, for example.

Of course there were water dumps in the period preceding the zig-zag event, they are explicitly called out in the crew's daily activity plan, which is in my 1997 report. Isn't it time you read it?

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I read it years ago and I already said it's non-conclusive and Your just making guesses.

And just so we're clear on this,

The Pentagon is releasing a report soon with many different data aspects and is already admitting NAVY ships are reporting UFOs and Pilots are reporting daily encounters with objects for many years ... and your viewpoint is, NASA is totally innocent and has never accidentally caught anything on video and knows absolutely nothing about it ?

If so, I wish you the best of luck defending that logic ... cause you'll need it lol

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: AmatuerSkyWatcher
Am I mad, or does the OP not reference NASA, it's posture, or anything to do with disclosure?

That's because he's posing the question and looking for related links.

So an expert from NASA is asking us questions about NASA's posture regarding disclosure?

I'm asking in what way such a 'position' is being portrayed in the current excitement.

I don't think NASA's 'portrayal' of their position has changed. And I don't think people interested in the UAP subject's portrayal of NASA's position has changed either.

Maybe you are looking for this....

The "believers" have a new found hope that Perhaps this upcoming report from the Pentagon will validate their experiences and beliefs.

Is that what you are looking for? If not then I'm not understanding your angle.

I know you are busy but if you have the time could you please give me your analysis on David Fravor's claims? If you have already could you link it or point me in the right direction?

Much respect and good to see you back on the boards.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel

Soviet Cosmonauts claim they have seen Angel like beings during the Salyut 7 mission.

I read that in the 'Weekly World News' years ago. Where is there any quote from a real cosmonaut making that claim?

?

Not specific , the websites dress it up as if it comes from the main source but i doubt that , i doubt if it really happened.

Like i said they claim , probably a BS story.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
I know you are busy but if you have the time could you please give me your analysis on David Fravor's claims?
David Fravor's comment that Chad Underwood's "ticTac" video shows amazing acceleration at the end is false.

If he's not reading from a psy-op script when he says that and he honestly believes he's looking at acceleration, it proves beyond any doubt that Fravor is human like the rest of us and is subject to illusions just like the rest of us, because the apparent acceleration is an illusion. The "Tic-Tac" thing was moving in apparent left motion during the entire video, not just at the end, shown clearly in this graph constructed from Chad Underwood's video.

www.metabunk.org...

So there's proof beyond doubt that Fravor's account of Chad Underwood's video is not reliable, because we can all see Underwood's video and we can all make that same graph which proves Fravor wrong about that.

So what about Fravor's earlier account and the other pilots earlier account, for which they have no video? I think it's a mistake to take everything he says at face value and try to analyze it that way. They had an interesting experience, but, to me it boils down to Fravor's failure to turn on his camera, even though he wasn't caught off-guard. He knew he was being sent out to identify a UFO, so his failure to photograph it is very perplexing if we try to take the story at face value. So, this screenshot I think is the ultimate analysis of Fravor's encounter, it lacks objective photographic evidence which can be judged independently of human misperception:

Pentagon officially released 'UFO' videos: BUSTED (Part 3)

There are other issues. Fravor's account is not internally self-consistent. That may be partly because he's not telling us what really happened*, or at least it doesn't agree with what Kevin Day says Fravor told him the next day after the incident. Fravor's account that the tic tac was hovering is also not consistent with another pilot's account that it was going an estimated 500 knots, that's quite a discrepancy.

*Either Fravor's account is not accurate, or Kevin Day's account is not accurate. Fravor says he first noticed the disturbance in the water, then saw the erratic tic-tac thing above it. Kevin Day says the UFO was flying level at 28000 feet, and he directed Fravor to intercept it at a similar altitude. Day says Fravor told him he saw the object at 28000 feet or so, the altitude he tracked it at, and then Fravor told Day the object did a couple of barrel rolls around his aircraft, then went down to the water and he followed the object down to the water. I've heard Fravor tell his story maybe 6 times and what Fravor tells us is not the same thing that Kevin Days says that Fravor told him. It's a rather large discrepancy in what happened. There are other major discrepancies in the stories too, like Fravor says nobody came out and confiscated the video, but other witnesses say they did.

This is Mick West's interview with Kevin Day, and the link is queued to the relevant part of the interview where Day says Fravor told him one story starting with tictac barrel rolls, and it's not the same story Fravor keeps telling us (and Day also contradicts Underwood's claim that he didn't see the UFO with his eyes, Day says he did claim to see it with his eyes according to his testimony). By the way I'm not sure how you can tell if a tictac is doing barrel rolls if it doesn't have any control surfaces, but Mick West noticed the discrepancy in this interview and he presses it a bit just to confirm if Day really remembers Fravor saying the object did some barrel rolls around him before he chased it down to the water, and Kevin Day confirms that's what Fravor told him the next day.

Kevin Day's Recollections of the Nimitz Encounters
Kevin Day's Recollections of the Nimitz Encounters Transcript

Bottom line, Fravor's story is interesting, but there are numerous discrepancies. Doesn't mean it didn't happen, but it means that what happened is not clear and for goodness sake, pilots sent out to ID UFOs should have enough sense to make a recording of the thing they are sent out to identify; all he had to do was flick a switch on his helmet to turn on his camera. In the case of Chad Underwood's recording of an alleged "tic-tac" We know both Fravor and Underwood are either mistaken by the illusion at the end, or else they are reading from a "psy-op script" and pretending the believe the illusion (They both seem too smart to fall for the illusion to me; I suspect they have to know the thing was moving to the left during the entire video given a basic understanding of the displayed heading of the camera, so they should easily realize it didn't suddenly start moving to the left at the end).

edit on 202161 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Wow not like you to be rude and unpleasant to people taking the time to respond to your posts Jim.

Here's the NASA Information Sheet from Feb 1st, 1978 selling the line that no government agency has engaged in UFO research since 1969.

Trouble is there are quite a few UFO documents out there which appear to contradict that.

PDF File

Here's NASA's Bill Nelson fielding a question about 'UAP' two days ago.

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Neat. And how did this guy claim to know this? Aren't you tired of fourth-hand hall gossip?
I wouldn't have posted it if you hadn't asked, but it was a recent article relating to your line of inquiry.

If you think about it, the entire concept of the article is completely illogical. By saying there are aliens who don't want to be revealed, he is in a sense revealing the aliens. If he really wanted to honor the aliens request to not be revealed, he would have not revealed them, by staying silent. The article didn't say how he knows about the aliens, but the article does contain this quote:

Head of Israel’s Space Program: The Aliens Asked Not To Be Revealed

If I had come up with what I’m saying today five years ago, I would have been hospitalized. Wherever I’ve gone with this in academia, they’ve said: the man has lost his mind. Today they’re already talking differently.
I don't know why he thinks the world has changed so much in the last five years. Maybe it's because the UAP task force leaked this photo of a UAP (the thing on the right), and now it's OK to talk about aliens. Even Ectoplasm mentions alien beings in his comment, and he's been very skeptical! LOL.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: Ectoplasm8
a reply to: Lucidparadox

So alien beings just happen to create a spacecraft with the exact same design as the Batman balloon as shown?
The pentagon confirmed the fuzzier image on the right was a real UAP (initially at least) photographed by a real Navy pilot. So now that we know UFOs are real, maybe that's why he thinks things have changed?

The one on the left is also real, but it's not a UAP, Ectoplasm added that for comparison.

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Let's see where NASA takes its new interest. If there's budget supplements to be offered, I'm sure they could make a list of new tasks. Nobody seems to be interested in asking them about past alleged encounters?

posted on Jun, 4 2021 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Let's see where NASA takes its new interest. If there's budget supplements to be offered, I'm sure they could make a list of new tasks. Nobody seems to be interested in asking them about past alleged encounters?

Hasn't that happened already?

Jim, if I may please ask you a very serious question...have you found at least one UAP/UFO case that you cannot explain?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join