It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pistols of the Warlords by Ian McCollum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Hello ATS, I come sharing really exciting news, that you may or may not know already.

Ian McCollum, who is all our favorite firearm messiah (All praise gun jesus) has put forth his new testament! Ian's second book, the third book from Headstamp Publishing, titled "Pistols of the Warlords" was announced today on his YouTube page, and he has provided a Kickstarter page for pre-orders with some pretty sweet "Stretch-Goals"

So, I don't normally push kickstarts, I certainly have never bought into any of them myself; but this one is different. The book is most certainly happening, and based on the success of the first two from this publisher, it is sure to be a collector's item and fantastic reference for people interested.

The information in the book is based on a private collection of firearms that were produced within China during the 1911-1945 civil war and turbulance within the country, during which different "warlords" were battling for control of the country.

very extremely limited information has been available about these firearms, and Ian has done due-diligence to procure as much information as possible, along with very high quality images.

I personally have pledged for a signed copy of his kickstarter-only print (Different version for kickstarter only purchase) and there are additional "addons" that you can get as well (like a poster with gun-jesus inspecting some pistols in traditional chinese style, or gold-leaf embossed leather book marks)

So, I really hope that even more stretch goals are met. I definitely see this becoming an extremely sucessfull book for Ian, as he's raised almost half a million in this first day on kickstarter.

Mods, I'm not sure if T&C will allow me to link to this kickstarter, I'm not sure the rules. I'll include the link for now, and if it's an issue, I'll gladly remove it, and just say "Hey, go google it if you want"

Anyhoo, Go ahead and check it out fellow gun lovers and history nerds! Very, very cool stuff to follow!

Pistols of the Warlords, by Ian McCollum

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Iconic

......")

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

xD

Yeah, it definitely did. I'm really happy for him. As far as "Content creators" go, I really like Ian. He's always been very upfront, very knowledgeable and professional. He's by far the best at what he does.

Also, he's very modest about his position with everything. He doesn't go around boasting about things, or how he is asked to travel around giving information to police agencies and different groups about how to identify different things on firearms, or flaunt his wealth, or any other thing.

Too many "gun bros" on youtube are so god dang annoying. Like demolition matt, he makes me want to delete youtube from the internet.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 07:21 PM
link   

PRESERVE , PROTECT , and DEFEND Our Constitutional Rights as FREE MEN Is Our Forefathers Legacy Bestowed Upon US .

God Bless America . My Country Tis of Thee............

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I’m not a warlord but I do have some personal all time favorites by caliber:

.380....Walther PPK/S followed by SIG Sauer P230

9mm.....Beretta 92 (I have an S, SB, M9 and enjoy the M9 the best although the S has very low profile sights and a threaded barrel) close second is Walther P38.

.22LR....Ruger Mk 4

With all models takedown for cleaning is a breeze, which is a chief consideration.

Do I have other models that I have used in consideration? Yes, but in my opinion these are easy to maintain, accurate and reliable under stress. Weakest links are the SIG (heel release for the mag), P38 (hardest of the assembly/disassembly) and the Ruger (still a little fiddly and I think I would like a Beretta 21A Bobcat better just have not tried one yet...although the Ruger is scalpel on accuracy)

edit on 19-5-2021 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

.22LR....Ruger Mk 4

.......)

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

How do you have an m9? Moreover, why? Wouldn't it be produced cheaper than any of the others?

Personally for 9mm, I love my g19x more than any other 9 I've had.

posted on May, 20 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   

After the Department of Defense decided that a new universal sidearm was in order, the M9 could be manufactured and sold to the civilian market. The frame and mechanicals (springs, hammer, etc) are (supposedly) a higher standard than the strictly civilian 92 FS. I do know that you cannot swap barrels with the 92 S, even though it looks like you should and that the SB actually “feels better” in the (right and only the right) hand (when not shooting).

I also left off the 45 ACP as my only 45 (although I have shot many 1911 style and have a 1911 style in 9mm) is a Stoeger 8045 (made from Beretta 8045 parts). And I have a Beretta 84 FS Cheetah in .380 that is both heavy and stiff to chamber a round (hence the tip up barrel of the 86 Cheetah, Tomcat, Bobcat)

new topics

top topics

join