It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And now, for something truly unbelievable:

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Good for Alabama. This needs to happen all over the US.
I have never used and don’t plan on it, but it’s just silly that adults can’t make the decision for themselves.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Greetings from Kentucky.......land of Mitch McConnell

Kentucky will be last.......Ole Turtle Head is dead set against legalization.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthulhuMythos
"requires them to try opioids before prescribing marijuana"

Whiiiiit?? How does that make sense???

" (yeah, you can't expect all the stupid to drain away at once). "

Now THAT comment truly made me laugh lol lol lol

Opiods?

EFF THAT!

This country is marred by big Pharma and horrible doctors prescribing literal opiates, addicting our population.

posted on May, 18 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I guess they saw the incomes from other states and it was too good to refute.

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

That's where I am. I don't generally care to use the stuff, and whether it is legal or illegal really won't affect me personally either way. For me, it's a matter of principle. I like to sit and drink a beer occasionally, and I don't want anyone in my face over that, so what's the difference if someone else chooses a different poison? To each their own.

I only wish those who are so fervent about their desire for legalization would be a tenth as supportive of my choice to smoke tobacco. My body; my choice; their body; their choice.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Man, I didn't heed your warning and was eating trail mix. I always had stuff for guests, but thats about it. I definitely don't think it should be illegal. It's a 50 dollar fine here.
edit on 19-5-2021 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2021 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I am 15 minutes from the state line, we have been talking about moving there, Cherokee county area. I think this could work. I have glaucoma, and it is eased , the pressures, with marijuana use.

originally posted by: TheRedneck
I sincerely hope everyone is sitting down. Please reduce any restrictions on your airway and relax yourselves before going any farther. If anyone has a heart condition, please have your nitro pills at the ready.

Everyone ready?

The State of Alabama just passed a medical marijuana bill into law.

That's right... no typo. Alabama... the state where gambling is illegal and where the government would rather the people spend lottery dollars in every other state around us than to even let the people decide on a lottery... the home of the infamous George Wallace... the state which actually has a town named "Bug Tussel"... that Alabama... has finally peeked behind the curtain at the 21st century.

Now, it's not a perfect bill; I would have preferred recreational legalization as well. It requires doctors to jump through a lot of hoops to prescribe marijuana, and requires them to try opioids before prescribing marijuana (yeah, you can't expect all the stupid to drain away at once). But it's a start, and one I welcome with open arms.

I know there are a lot of people around here who, like me, want to see a relatively harmless substance treated as it really is and not as the propaganda in the 60s painted it, so I wanted to make sure this info got out. And maybe there's a little bragging involved. For once we're number 36 instead of number 49 or 50!

TheRedneck

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 08:05 AM
link   

The "superglue" hybrid is great on body pain when taken in small doses i.e. one or two hits/tokes.

edit on 5/31/2021 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   

thats great but ive never required their permission anyway

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Heck my doctors all stoped and sent me to a pain management who in turn took away the codeine and said, "we will try other things." One year later I am still in pain and none of their "other things" work very long and they now refuse to give me any codeine at all.

edit on 5/31/2021 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   
You know, I'm all for Legalization and all...

....however, having been down that path before and knowing others, the biggest problem is the amount of people it'll "dumb down".

I think people often rely off themselves a bit too much from a statistical point of view and don't really see the broader picture.

I mean, already we have a large portion of the population quite literally ignorant unless marching orders and data are consumed via Social Media and MSM, why would you legally introduce weed into these already backwards people?

This really only applies to those individuals who are weak minded in a sense that Weed can and will drive these individuals.

Interesting and ironic that a plant can be a motivating factor for some while the lure of education and social well being is casually dismissed. I know, back when I first started smoking weed back in my early 20s, I procrastinated EVERYTHING and lived by the dime bag. Real world perspective. Didn't care for anything.
Wasn't till my big fight at Hooters with another cook and subsequent walk out did I realize that I need to do something with my life, then I joined the Army a few months later.

Point is, I think legalization needs some serious reforms itself.

I am actually a fan of "Weed Zones" and offset time periods, such as evenigs and weekends only for public consumption of weed.
This way, it culls the hardliners, while everybody can still get their high on, the cities can still collect violation fees.

I mean, in some places, you can't buy alcohol after midnight, before 12pm on Sundays and before 7am on weekdays.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join