It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guess Honey Bees fits here....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: jerich0

"Wild cane" do you mean like Bamboo?

Would not be the first time i was huckled off in shame like.

Anyroad im bang on about the raw honey, its the "bees knees".

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2Faced
What I find amazing is how they are able to construct such symmetrical structures of hexagonal chambers.

In the dark...

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Like 'network dude', I too was curious how you knew they were there, but I was also wondering if you were expecting there to be anywhere near that many of them?

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

Ah "Wild cane".

Cheers for the context.

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

Like 'network dude', I too was curious how you knew they were there, but I was also wondering if you were expecting there to be anywhere near that many of them?

Apparently it only took 3 months for them to build it according to the beekeeper.

Only reason I knew was the yard guy pointed out a bunch of bees hovering around the back basement corner of the house.

And I had thought there would have been more based on the sound. It was shockingly loud.
edit on 5/16/21 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2021 @ 07:29 PM
link   

My parents have had one in the soffit of their house for years. They don't want to have them exterminated, but they can't get anyone to come in a take them out, either.

So we have honeybee hive in the soffit of the third floor of the old house.

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: manimal
It wouldn’t be by chance if it were evolution. The most efficient way of construction would have been selected for over generations. For example, if all bees made square comb and then one weirdo beehive started making hexagons, the hexagon May last longer because it would be stronger. The longer the hive lasted, the more offspring would be produced and the more likely that the hexagon hive would split and produce more hexagon hives until all hives were hexagon.

The bolded part sounds like a chance-based event to me. Anyway, we have no evidence of honeybees ever making square-shaped chambers for their honeycombs, so it's a bit moot to speculate about it to fit it into some evolutionary storyline/narrative, to make it sound like a more plausible pathway to get there. In the sciences, it's supposed to be all about the evidence, not good storytelling (telling a hopefully convincing story, making that your goal; of course in practice, that does often happen that way and focus on the evidence is lost or even obscured when the factual or observed evidence is pointing in another direction than the storyline one wishes to promote).

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

originally posted by: manimal
It wouldn’t be by chance if it were evolution. The most efficient way of construction would have been selected for over generations. For example, if all bees made square comb and then one weirdo beehive started making hexagons, the hexagon May last longer because it would be stronger. The longer the hive lasted, the more offspring would be produced and the more likely that the hexagon hive would split and produce more hexagon hives until all hives were hexagon.

The bolded part sounds like a chance-based event to me. Anyway, we have no evidence of honeybees ever making square-shaped chambers for their honeycombs, so it's a bit moot to speculate about it to fit it into some evolutionary storyline/narrative, to make it sound like a more plausible pathway to get there. In the sciences, it's supposed to be all about the evidence, not good storytelling (telling a hopefully convincing story, making that your goal; of course in practice, that does often happen that way and focus on the evidence is lost or even obscured when the factual or observed evidence is pointing in another direction than the storyline one wishes to promote).

There is evidence. Bumblebee nests are roundish...

Over time, the most efficient and best way to do something evolves. The OPs supposition makes logical sense.

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   
If you want to have problems with ants, just poison a honeybee hive in a wall of your home.

As soon as the bees are dead the ants will go after the honey, and you will have a fight for years trying to kill off the ants.
It's always better to remove a hive and relocate it

posted on May, 17 2021 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
If you want to have problems with ants, just poison a honeybee hive in a wall of your home.

As soon as the bees are dead the ants will go after the honey, and you will have a fight for years trying to kill off the ants.
It's always better to remove a hive and relocate it

Yeah....I read all about it before I made the decision to call a beekeeper.

Killing them if in the house is a big issue all around....glad I went the bee keeping route and got some good honey comb and honey from it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join