It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me Choose...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I`m very confused right now... it seems very very very important for some members here to put me in a political box, in order for them to know if I`m friend or foe and how to treat me in discussion...

Now I have a big problem I myself can`t really decide what political affiliation I have...

I cant stand the political correctness and the woke culture of the left, and cant stand the adheration to capitalism and the conservatism by the right either...

I`d like to get confusion out of the way, so whoever thinks that political affiliation is an important factor defining a Person, doesnt have to wonder who I am.

But first I need to know who I am, no worries there won`t be a thread where I ask for help choosing my gender

If you`d have to box my political position what box would you think fits best. feel free to ask any question that could help you find a fitting box.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Boxes are overrated.
People label you to justify their own prejudices.

Just be you. If others can't accept that, it's their problem.

I've likened this to trench warfare in the past because those in no man's land take shots from both sides.

I don't want to live in a trench.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Sounds like you're an independent.

Straight party hacks aren't that common here, but they happen to be loud and prolific.

Just do you and let them decide if you're friend or foe on that day.

I'm sending you a message with some info, check your private messages.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

I`m just glad the two opposing political parties are not at war and one can walk freely between the trenches without having to fear shots from either side...
oh wait thats why i am here

wasnt this meant to be part of the same political system, how did we end up shooting eachother???

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 06:19 AM
link   
If you just need an answer to give people who ask, you can invent your own label.
You're an AWAC, by your own description. Anti-woke anti-capitalist.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I`m only anti extremists...
edit on 12-5-2021 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 06:54 AM
link   

I`d like to get confusion out of the way, ...

Then you shouldn't join ATS. We are incredibly chaotic and we love it.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Metaphorical shots.

It's OK to have different opinions.
You can disagree with someone in one thread but agree with the same person in another. Some of them get a bit sulky but, again, that's their problem.

Ultimately, it's just words on a screen and not something to lose any sleep over.
We don't know each other as people so can only judge the content of our posts regardless of the name at the top.

I'd say that in real life most of us would probably get on quite well.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
I`m very confused right now... it seems very very very important for some members here to put me in a political box, in order for them to know if I`m friend or foe and how to treat me in discussion...

Now I have a big problem I myself can`t really decide what political affiliation I have...

I cant stand the political correctness and the woke culture of the left, and cant stand the adheration to capitalism and the conservatism by the right either...

I`d like to get confusion out of the way, so whoever thinks that political affiliation is an important factor defining a Person, doesnt have to wonder who I am.

But first I need to know who I am, no worries there won`t be a thread where I ask for help choosing my gender

If you`d have to box my political position what box would you think fits best. feel free to ask any question that could help you find a fitting box.

Do you like freedom and personal responsibilities, or are you more into government control, oppression, and reliance on others?

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

sent you an completely unrelated PM.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 07:25 AM
link   
No matter what, you're going to be labelled from what I know. categorized. considered left in some topics, right in others.

Just let it roll off your back and stick to what you believe.

You can be anti gun crime and be called anti gun, and you can be anti blm racism and be called a white racist.

it's the whirlwind world we're in at the moment. The moment you capitulate, is when you have been led astray !!

my2c anyway...

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Why....must you choose any side...anytime?

You're an Independent....go w the flow each time. Make your own decision, claim no party.

Like me. I have no party. It's vote as I feel.
You too......☮️

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I think the governing aspect of our society should be local, and only very few things need a central government.

I think the government should divorce from economics and make sure they can`t interfere. The money grabbers from too big to fail companies have let their profit game ruin way too much quality of life.

the problem is not government the problem is economics, government was meant to serve people and everything would work if not for the few greedy bastards getting paid by an economy that values profit over the quality of life.

before I repeat my self again

I value freedom and personal responsabilities more...

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

Metaphorical shots.

just you wait...

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Now I want a completely unrelated message too

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

why not....?

I`m confused

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I don't think that a political affiliation is the natural human state.

I like to use the term "political atheist", people don't always like it.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I think the governing aspect of our society should be local, and only very few things need a central government.

I think the government should divorce from economics and make sure they can`t interfere. The money grabbers from too big to fail companies have let their profit game ruin way too much quality of life.

the problem is not government the problem is economics, government was meant to serve people and everything would work if not for the few greedy bastards getting paid by an economy that values profit over the quality of life.

before I repeat my self again

I value freedom and personal responsabilities more...

I think I have nailed it down for you. You are what we call a " normal person", or in certain circles, a "non-douche bag". You should stick with your current thought process, and be happy being you. The pay is the same for all, so I'll give you the advice I was given. Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff. And always smile. That is all.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Now I want a completely unrelated message too

done.

posted on May, 12 2021 @ 08:26 AM
link   

thank you for your service I was so lost but Normal just sounds sooo... well Normal

let`s not count our chikens before they hatch

"non-douche bag"

you havent seen the worst of me

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join