It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate extremists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The worst ilk are extremists and i have to confess when it comes to extremists I'm extremist...

I make no difference, be it left, right, christian, muslim, black, white, pro/anti vax, you name it...

I have no problem if someone is dedicated and aware of it. This dedication can even have surreal proportion I have no issue with that either.
But the moment one comes and tries to force a moral value based on his favourite peer group on another, a line is crossed.

I myself fell for it and saw deep into the inner workings of a certain peer group. It's all a ploy to keep us separated and it literally works like a "charm"
nvm this is a rant.

One can't just be happy in their respective echo chamber.
No... One has to go and tell others how wrong their echo chamber is, going to great lengths just to prove a pointless point.
The hatred one spews while proclaiming to uphold the morals and dogmas of their respective peer group, it's disgusting.
And the worst is, they mostly aren't aware on what part of the bigger picture they're working...

Love your peer group all you want but leave people live their life, frigging brain death extremists....

Ok I had it for today...

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Don't feel hate towards something you dislike, instead love what you like and be the change.

Feeling hate for this is pretty extreme on itself. You were probably using the word in a different meaning though, so just forget my drivel.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

It's a rant after all... And i have to agree it's against my own premise to let others live...

Hate was just the bait...

Zero tolerance for intolerance is another of these stances that are contradictory in themselves... But i still like them

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Zero tolerance for intolerance is another of these stances that are contradictory in themselves... But i still like them

That's a nice oxymoron, I agree. In the end, know what you mean.

For me it's unawareness of others. Like coming to a complete stand in the middle of a busy door, making everyone behind throwing heels into the ground to not crash as if they roam this world alone. Total unaware of the surrounding.

Personal pet peeve that I will spot with concern: Young women with nerd glasses that cut me off on intersections, cutting into the place where, if not for my foresight, my car would be at the moment she pulls over.

They emanate this aura of complete lack of awareness and seriousness I want to see on public roads.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 05:24 PM
link   

At the busy door i might just show the same lack of awareness and push through... On the road not so much...

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I imagine life would probably seem pretty depressing and pointless, if you didn’t have a flawed ideology to get all riled up about.

Not that I would know from personal experience... I just watched CNN and found some new issue to get all angry and passionate about... my life obviously totally has purpose.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Don't feel hate towards something you dislike, instead love what you like and be the change.

I can completely respect loving what you like. However, I feel it's been this passive mindset that has let society get to this point. Complacency and cowardice lead the day.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Only thing I can say is don’t attach your identity to a political party. For some people though, their politics define them, and I can’t think of being more lost than that.

That’s a lot of people in our day and age though. And the politicians that run things and the king makers that they work with aren’t blind to it. So these people are being played through their anger and outrage every day. And most of them don’t care, they get a kick out of the feeling. It’s drugs without the drugs.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I just watched CNN and found some new issue to get all angry and passionate about

hahaha...hows it going over East. We just came out of a week of masks so pretty back to normal. Are you in NSW or DanAnDictatoria ( Vic )?

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 11:31 PM
link   
let the hate flow through you .

good goy

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

Did I forget to mention Jewish extremists... No because it would be a pleonasm

The dark forces have me already

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SoundisVibration
I get what you mean. You can be a change for good, too without the hate.

The best example is that person I know that can't wear masks out of medical reasons, complete with a letter from the doctor, officially. She's not getting into most shops and supermarkets at all and if she does, she's either kicked out or people get into her face, angry and demanding she wears her mask. Not one second to the think about possible reasons, for them it's resistance, her it's life threatening if she wears this and collapses with her age.

Even on the saturday open air market, the last place she can go to without others overriding her doctors notice / attest. But the people keep on harassing her, even get very close to her in a threatening manner.

This # changed when we started to go together. Instead of bending some fingers pointed at her during discussion or being rude backwards, I just step into the middle when it happens. Smile with my eyes, nod and just stand there. I was surprised myself how good this works. Some people still want to push it but I don't discuss with them or let me sidetrack, I tell them to mind their own business in a non threatening but smiling manner.

This disarms most hate towards her.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Circular reference.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Every ideology is flawed after some time!

the one thing that holds up against "the only constant in the universe" are ideas.

Ideas can change, are meable, ideologies barely change, are rigid.

It's absolutely beneficial to adhere to any flawed ideology as long as it is beneficial for you, mostly you are free to come and go as you please.
They all where relevant at some time in the past so they all hold something that helps you understand the present, no doubt, but being what they, are ideologies, well... Things change...

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 03:26 PM
link   

You should only hate Gingers.

Because they have no souls.

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   
nvm that was a bad joke
edit on 7.5.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Unfortunately my narcissism prevents me from hating on gingers...

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

Unfortunately my narcissism prevents me from hating on gingers...

Narcissists should just take a good look in a mirror!

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Ok

Well
there is definitely a spot on my beard that is ginger...

Anyways i drew the line in the op don't come telling me what to hate, please feel free to feel addressed by the OP

edit on 7-5-2021 by Terpene because: More ranting...

posted on May, 7 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I define an extremist as an individual as opposed to a group, an individual who hates, demands their way and is aggressive in their tone and opinion

People don’t need morals or dogmas, Hitchens, Dawkins, Mao, Stalin are non defined extremists, Collingwood supporters

I don’t particularly like extremists either and try and avoid them, extremists pick a fight
Opening posts demanding their own way

top topics

<<   2 >>

join