It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Science

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Sound like Colonialism.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
a reply to: servovenford
You have some very good examples there.

Every time I have personally dealt with the news media on a story, they somehow get it completely wrong in some major facts. This has only been a few stories in the local paper. I can see where the national msm can royally mess up a story but they almost never correct it or even admit it.

I agree that the politicians are only in it for more power, but what do they do when they use the power for something they thought was good but it destroys the entire nation? That is what I think I am seeing now and ‘The Science’ is a significant part of it.

Thanks. Yeah. That's the darned thing about journalism--in all branches of it, all topics. The old chime goes, the press will do anything for a good story. That's why I don't trust what I hear/read on the news. It's a subtle art too, and that's how they get away with it: they take reality and twist it. Sometimes they outright fabricate things whole cloth but most of the time they take very "real" situations and add their propaganda to it, weaving the lies artfully in with the truths. "Embellishment" is one thing, but it's gone further than that.

And regarding the power/destruction comment,
seems to be a pattern in politics; see how much they can push and get away with before the backwash comes up. That's the problem, politics shouldn't be about pushing. Leadership shouldn't be about pushing.
It should be about making decisions for (with) a country that is best for the people. But instead, they use the people. Playin' 'em like fiddles.

In this scenario... "The Science" is when "The People" are the experiment.

posted on May, 4 2021 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Nice rant.
Sometimes
when their weaponized language overwhelms you
then you gotta go all whack a mole-y
on their ass.

I concur with your observations.
It’s good that you made yourself heard.
I have seen the signs
in front yards
pasted up in Hallmark Greeting Card splendor
and
saying:

“At this house
We believe in Science...”

Science.

they are using dog whistles

code for “we comply hastily with what we’re told”
and
“will this boost our you know....

# 1397

edit on 4-5-2021 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: TzarChasm

Sound like Colonialism.

Lolwut.

Might need more than one line to explain that.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: servovenford
Scientism is going strong these days. Anyone misled into believing pseudoscientific theories becomes a victim. But even believing scientific truths poses a danger. The spectacular scientific advances resulting from the scientific revolution deceived many into believing that now nothing was beyond reach.

This belief was intensified as scientific progress continued to erode the antiscientific attitude false religion had once fostered. Commerce and politics began recognizing science as a powerful tool to be used in achieving their goals, be it monetary reward or consolidation of political power.

Clearly stated, science was slowly developing into a god, giving rise to scientism. Webster’s Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary defines this as “an exaggerated trust in the efficacy of the methods of natural science applied to all areas of investigation.”

Spectacular scientific breakthroughs enveloped science in a halo of infallibility and authority, producing scientism, a religion in itself, a sacred cow.

I'm going back to "not" reading the news anymore... even when it is shown to me by friends and family. It's doing no one any good to support it. Buncha garbage, just garbage, dangit.

Oh ETA, ever notice how sod for brains politicians love to nod profusely when saying something they want you to agree with? I go out and look at one TV and all I see is bobbleheads. What a load of horse pucky.

Ah well, at least movies are still watchable, entertaining and enjoyable. I like the big blockbusters from the Marvel Universe, LOTR, Star Wars and with Snyder's cut for Justice League, DC Universe now as well.

posted on May, 6 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

True, true. I got antenna up here, we get some good classics on, some westerns, etc. Definitely worth watching. When I had cable in the last place I was living there was a good movie channel, HBO I think. Good stuff on there.

You drive a really good point. They know science is powerful, they know what it's capable of, they know the people respect it, so they got a political weapon in their hands. And that's the danger. Science is needed by society--needed to survive, advance, and thrive. When it's abused and mucked up with politics, and it becomes difficult for the people to see the line between science and politics, you got a real big problem.
Big problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join