It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming or not Global Warming?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 08:06 AM
link   
That is the Question. (Regarding my thread title)

Is Global Warming really happening or is just a cycle? (if it is warming). Or is it just imagination?

I ask these questions because its May 1st and in England it seems to be the coldest May 1st since I can remember and I'm in my late 40's.

Anyone else in England feeling the same?

What about around the World? Where are you and has the weather changed so dramatically to call it Global Warming? Or is it colder than usual?

edit on 1-5-2021 by CrazeeWorld777 because: spelling mistake

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Here in New England it is a little strange. It's not supposed to have night Temps above 50 for atleast the next week. Can't put my plants out yet!
If by mid may this is still happening then yeah, it's odd

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

I live on the Washington coast. It has seemed warmer lately. I had thought that had to do with the poles shifting. Over the past ten or so years Washington has moved south to the point it's about where Oregon was at one point.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Global warming, and cooling ie: ice ages....are normal.

The new thing....is man's addition to f' it up....

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Yes it’s real.
We have geological record for hundreds of thousands of years showing how the climate is never a static system.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Global warming, and cooling ie: ice ages....are normal.

The new thing....is man's addition to f' it up....

Exactly..

Climate changes, like a breathing lung. Inhales, exhales. Sometimes, naturally it's harder to inhale due to an inflammation, or something that the body can remedy on it's own, but it eventually exhales.

Now ask someone with emphysema how it is to breathe.

Nothing we can do about it, it's going to change regardless. We're just giving that cancer patient another pack of smokes in lieu of keeping things we like.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I suspect the global pandemic lockdowns, that limited air travel, is what is causing the cooler temperatures. Normal contrails make artificial clouds, clouds hold in heat that would normally radiate into space. Hence air travel is the cause of global warming and the lack of air travel last year is what caused it to cool off.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The earth has been warming since the last ice age ended. The few humans at that time did not cause that.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Yeah, cold in Europe north of the Alps. Mornings are in the 30s which seems a tad cool for May.

Cheers

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Cooling is the new warming. I remember it being "explained" to me how no matter what, everything that happens is a result of AGW. If you bring up the idea of cyclic nature, you are shunned, laughed at and then told to stop being brainwashed.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   
If it gets colder, it's global warming that we need to give up freedoms to solve and pay taxes for.
If it gets warmer, it's global warming that we need to give up freedoms to solve and pay taxes for.
If it stays about the same, it's global warming that we need to give up freedoms to solve and pay taxes for.

If you disagree with the above, you're anti-science and of course, racist.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
I suspect the global pandemic lockdowns, that limited air travel, is what is causing the cooler temperatures. Normal contrails make artificial clouds, clouds hold in heat that would normally radiate into space. Hence air travel is the cause of global warming and the lack of air travel last year is what caused it to cool off.

Well, something i did note was that pollution levels went right down during these lockdowns which was a very good thing and so what you say is probably correct aswell... but we will soon be flyng around again and i guess warming might happen again.. after a year!

I dunno..

Anyways, thanks all for your replies.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Well, I live in the Midlands and it is cold,,,,,,as usual. Late 40s heh. So you've never heard the old saying "never cast a clout till Mays out". In other words, it aint summer yet and it can still be cold, nothing special or sinister in it. Global warming BS.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

Is Global Warming really happening or is just a cycle? (if it is warming). Or is it just imagination?

I ask these questions because its May 1st and in England it seems to be the coldest May 1st since I can remember and I'm in my late 40's.

What about around the World? Where are you and has the weather changed so dramatically to call it Global Warming? Or is it colder than usual?

OK, here is the correct answer......

Does not matter if it is real or not or causes.

Yes, you heard that right. Does not matter.

The goal is to use it as an excuse to implement financial scams to make a whole lot of rich people richer. Carbon credits, middleman traders, carbon taxes, etc. All designed to relieve you of your wealth and enrich others.

There is actually no plan to fix any perceived problem. Whatever problem is actually real or imagined is irrelevant as there will be nothing actually done to address it. Just funnel wealth to the right people and use it as a control mechanism to tell You and I what WE can and cannot do while exempting themselves.

Money, Power, Control
edit on 1-5-2021 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Well, I live in the Midlands and it is cold,,,,,,as usual. Late 40s heh. So you've never heard the old saying "never cast a clout till Mays out". In other words, it aint summer yet and it can still be cold, nothing special or sinister in it. Global warming BS.

Nope... never heard tha saying.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Makes one wonder how many more lies have we been told recently because things don't quite add up to what the people in charge tell us.

Another thread i suppose but covid cases are right down to almost below 2k and most vunerable and oldies have been vaccinated but still want all under 40's to have a jab! I guess if one is thinking about booking a holiday to Brazil, USA or India then one should have a jab but most other destinations are low or coming down in their numbers! As far as I can see, there shouldn't be a 3rd wave, unless this "virus" mutates into something which bypasses the vaccines!

Anyway, thats another thead, just making a point about what lies the Governments are telling us and their purpose for doing so which as you say is for more control, money and power!

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   

You cannot tell one way or another whether global warming is real or not by going outside of a randomly located house on a random day in a random month and having a random hunch that the weather is colder than usual and then asking a bunch of random “conspiracy theorists” for their opinions.

For a bunch of reasons.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   

global warming is a buzz word used by trolls to attack the science.

If you read the actual papers you see that climate changing is what they are talking about. And that could mean warming, cooling, worse storms, droughts, and increased rain fall. Depending on location.

The warming part is just a global trend happening over many many years. So while it's cooler than usual which is one of the things the science predicted the over all warming trend is still true.

Check the average temps of england over the last 30 years. You should see a steady rise in temps. At the same time you should see lower temps and worse weather activity. Less or more rainfall then normal. Worsening droughts ect ect.

Notice I'm not saying anything about why this is happening. Could be a cycle? Could be human activity? Could be the sun? Could be something in space effecting us? i have no idea.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It's all cyclical. Roman warm period...dark ages....medieval warm period....little ice age..... I refuse to believe that a trace gas that constitutes just 0.04 percent of the atmosphere is the thermostat of the planet.

posted on May, 1 2021 @ 06:29 PM
link   

UK here, and similar age to you. Wouldn't say it's too unusually cold. IV noticed we often get a hot spell around now then it gets colder and wet just in time for any holiday I have booked!
IV been wearing shorts out so it isn't that cold.

The issue isn't weather (boom tish) global warming is a thing or not, rather if what we are seeing now is man made or just a combination of natural cycles and/or lack of sufficient statistics to build a proper conclusion. I'm going with the later.
edit on 0120212021Sat, 01 May 2021 18:31:11 -050006pm501SaturdayAmerica/Chicago by doorhandle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join