It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Crime Victimization Survey....what is this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 05:49 PM
link   
So, my friend calls me up today and asks if I got another letter from the Census people.
Nope, not me, and I hope I don't hear from them for another ten years.

She tells me they got this letter about the National Crime Victimization Survey.
WTF? Never heard of it.
www.census.gov...

So, since she knows I belong to a CT site, she asks me what I know about this thing.....and what is involved.

Anyone have any info?
Anyone ever get this?

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I got 1 rule.

No self snitching.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I think it is voluntary, but she is wondering if she can refuse.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Hello, is this the National Crime Victumization Survey?... I would like to report several crimes. Mainly perpetrated by certain members of the United States government and government associated individuals... Hello....Hello... They hung up on me.

The survey is voluntary, and there are no penalties for not participating.

No penalties means they put you on a list for later. I would not do it but that is just me reading what the government website says.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

A list for later?

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Right, it's like what, so they can pester you some more? They love to pester people.

"We're not happy until you're not happy." luv, The Government

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Grilling season is right around the corner and this is exactly the type of paper product excellent at starting charcoal in a grill chimney.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 07:06 PM
link   
After they make a penalty for it.

edit on 4 30 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Odd that she got it now. I have been doing this since they started coming around for this census.

They just ask if you've been a victim of crime, reported or not, in the past X number of months. It takes 3-5 minutes and is done like a couple times over the course of a year or 18 months. I just gave the lady my number. She calls me and asks questions. I laugh when they ask me silly questions about being victimized, make borderline inappropriate jokes about being the perpetrator, then we go on with our day.

Refusing seems more likely something that would be a red flag (abusive domestic situation) but I very much doubt they're doing anything other than collecting information for worthless statistics. Somebody, somewhere, will be using this information to request higher appropriations for crime victims or policing, while others use to to defund something.

Unless she is being beaten by her spouse, or beating them, I don't see how anything could come back on her.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I make it a point to have the least interactions with Government as possible. I don't need them in my life.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I'm a victim, but in ten years of city life my police report didn't even earn me a call from the police...
Meanwhile what was stolen might total less than what the government steals from me every month.

Government can suck my butthole.

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Yeah, she just got it yesterday.
Maybe they are branching out?

Has your name been asked?
Or any other identifying info? That is her concern, I think. She's even older than I and lives alone.

edit on Fri Apr 30 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

They just ask if you've been a victim of crime, reported or not, in the past X number of months. It takes 3-5 minutes and is done like a couple times over the course of a year or 18 months.

And no proof needed?

Seems entirely too easy to manipulate, to be honest. I'd be preeeeetty tempted to bulk up the Antifa & BLM intimidation numbers if there's no actual verification needed. In other words, seeing as how I came up with that on the spot just now, I don't see how this could POSSIBLY be trustworthy as-is with plenty of activism/public policy groups out there with no conscience, and plenty to gain one way or the other, come hell or high water...

Edit: I don't mean the survey itself, I mean what you said a bit further down about it being used to allocate funding. Unverified claims...and money...is like candy & a baby.
edit on 4/30/2021 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   
oh lol i misread that.

top topics

join