It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop calls Lebron for guidance

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Technical advisor and sometimes ball dribbler Lebron James imparts infinite wisdom to a police officer during a distress call.

Perhaps every police officer should have an ethnic minority ride along to provide cultural sympathy guidance during a callout.

Crazy times.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

That’s pretty funny.
Hopefully that cop doesn’t lose his job over making fun of that dumbass.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

A good lawyer and he can retire, if that happens.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   

That's some good satire right there.
And for those that continue to serve us in the role of police officer, I can only imagine would feel like responding in just that manner.

Once the big city police departments collapse due to lack of personnel, we will see how the Fed replacements handle such incidents. Hope they are some tough social workers.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: texas thinker

Hope they are some tough social workers.

Amen to that. That poor social worker in Seattle lasted about 10 minutes.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Well...that's one way to lose a job..

If he doesn't.. he better pray to God he doesn't make a mistake with his firearm involving a minority in the future. His goose would be cooked.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   
People should leave comedy to professionals, that's just some cringe worthy tone deaf video right there.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: texas thinker

I have the deepest respect for this guy.

To put your life on the line daily protecting others and being vilified for it and still have such a remarkable sense of humor...

It takes a very strong person.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I got the same feeling from your reply.

Funny how that works.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79
I got the same feeling from your reply.

Funny how that works.

You know the difference? My replies are anonymous and would not jeopardize my livelihood. Mostly since I'm not dumb enough to post stuff like that publicly.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

It would be cooked regardless.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

You really think your replies are anonymous?

Lol.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

You really think your replies are anonymous?

Lol.

Yup.

But if you know who I am feel free to tell me.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I think you're some guy that dresses up in medieval clothing and reenact Isaac Newton being hit by an apple in the library on a Tuesday night alongside other like-minded men.

Still don't think anyone on ATS has anonymity.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Still don't think anyone on ATS has anonymity.

You just proved that I do.

But I do know Nate Silvester works for the Bellevue, Idaho Marshal's Office just like everyone else in the world now does. I'm sure his superiors are loving his in-uniform comedy routine.

edit on 26-4-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

I work in the Safety Department and I work very closely with detectives and police officers. This is indeed a sure way to lose your job, but maybe that is his reason for doing it.

It is not sound or prudent, to post on the internet your personal feelings regarding political or social issues, while wearing the uniform, and while using the resources provided to you by the community you are supposed to serve. I can appreciate his frustration and I have to often show extreme restraint and discretion when I speak or post, it is not always easy and it can be stressful. I am very much aware that words can have a triggering effect on some people, especially those that have experienced a recent trauma, so I am overly cautious at times, and I definitely don't go looking for trouble.

He has the right to his feelings, his beliefs, and his frustrations, but when you are wearing the uniform and serving the community, it is not very wise to express those feelings if it will provoke anger, controversy, division, or possible harm to yourself or others.

It does not show good judgment on his part, and makes him suspect. If he places more value on 15 seconds of fame on the internet, than he does to his job, and the potential harm to others, due to a backlash for this unnecessary act, maybe it is time for him to take a sabbatical.

I have had to take a moment of peace, internet breaks, and clear my head days, in the past. I am sure I will continue to have to take them, as long as I am serving the public.

This was just plain unwise. Just because you want to say something, doesn't mean you should. The more I want to say something, is often the time that it is best that I keep my mouth shut.

Just my opinion.

edit on 26-4-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Clean up.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I'm sure they do.

Did you just unlock your Secret Society Super Sleuth Badge?

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Let's see what happens.

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   
"Michael Jordan's the GOAT.... What? Nothin... I Gotta go..."

posted on Apr, 26 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Absolute shame there's even a reason to make such a vid.

<<   2 >>

join