It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Drone build - Maiden Flight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Hey all!!

Some background. My main freestyle drone I've been flying and sharing video with you all over the last year. Well, I finally took a hard hit and snapped an arm. So rather than waiting a month for parts from China. I just bought a whole new frame and moved over the electronics. I'm thankful I did, this new frame is much more robust and feels much better balanced. Basically goes where I point it!

Here's my first published video with the new build! I hope you enjoy.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 02:16 PM
link   
That seems to have a good camera, it is way better at producing a realistic immage of things than most of the cameras on those drones that I have seen.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I record the HD footage with a GoPro Hero 7 Black. I also use a neutral density 'ND' Filter and lock the white balance at a natural 5500K.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128 Must be a pretty pricey camera, it probably costs more than most commercial drones I have looked at buying. I know my neighbors, if I flew a drone over their house, it would be full of buckshot laying on the ground. I would not want someone flying over my property without permission either. I could contact the neighbors if I wanted to do an overhead view of the whole area to try to identify if there are some specialized rocks put in patterns I suppose, trouble is these rocks are mostly buried around here, they are between six inches to a foot deep in the humus on my property, maybe five hundred years old. I disturbed the bigger rocks that were around the house....I have a tractor with a front end loader and my old friend had a big buldozer, most have been moved. The rocks in rows like those lining a pathway are still under ground other than in the places I disturbed them before I realized they were all in a straight line under the ground.

Damn, I wish I would have known what was under ground before messing so much of it up. I need to have the guys from the archeology group I belong to come over with the ground sensing radar so I can map the rocks that are in rows.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I just wish I had the area to fly my drone legally. Where I am, almost everywhere is prohibited. Forked out $500 (exchange rate makes it sound more, but I got it for a deal where I am) for an ex demo mavic mini and have not even taken her out properly yet. You're lucky you have such a spacious area, I'm jealous

The way you take yours out for a spin is what I'd love to do. But without practice, I'm afraid of crashing it into someone's yard haha..

it's under 500g too, without any blade protector, or I'd need to get a license for it. crazy how it all works out, AFTER you buy a thing.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

I'm all registered up. Where I am in the states, we just cannot fly in National Parks. But any public area is fair game. You just have to be careful if you crash on someone's private property. That "could" get you a trespassing violation. But according to the FAA, anything between 90ft and 400ft is open air. Even if it is "over" someone's private property. You can still fly as long as you are registered with the FAA.

top topics

join