It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rocker Ted Nugent Put in Stranglehold by Covid-19 virus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   
www.freep.com...

Wango Tango! Geriatric hunter/rocker Ted Nugent "thought he was dying" after a tussle with the notorious Covid-19 virus. Prior to his recent Covid encounter, The Motor City Madman had denied the existence of the virus , but now Uncle Ted appears to be recanting somewhat in his views.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: lakespirit

Good to see he has recovered. Or on his way to it.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakespirit
www.freep.com...

Wango Tango! Geriatric hunter/rocker Ted Nugent "thought he was dying" after a tussle with the notorious Covid-19 virus. Prior to his recent Covid encounter, The Motor City Madman had denied the existence of the virus , but now Uncle Ted appears to be recanting somewhat in his views.

Ted was born in 1948 which means he is within 8 years of age of my 80-year-old mother, he certainly was in the high-risk category and should have known better. That said I'm more surprised he is closer to my Mom's age than mine LOL.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Indeed. Another rocker also recently tangled with Covid-19, Mark Mothersbaugh from Devo. Mark and Ted's political views couldn't be further apart, perhaps a reminder that the virus isn't reading comment sections or taking sides.

+9 more 
link   
I've had the flu a couple of times and thought I was dying....

link   
not worth it
edit on 20-4-2021 by wheresthebody because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

that will teach him.

do not question autoritar!

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Well running around in a loincloth no wonder.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I have mixed feelings about the Nuge. He says the most asinine remarks sometimes, but on the other hand, I find him hilarious.

I would submit that anyone, no matter a fan, or foe, should hear this story before judging the Nuge. You may be surprised.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Yep I can recall having “the flu” last year in March when Covid was just taking off but they told me I didn’t have it because it wasn’t fashionable to call everything Covid at that point.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: Edumakated

Yep I can recall having “the flu” last year in March when Covid was just taking off but they told me I didn’t have it because it wasn’t fashionable to call everything Covid at that point.

I am skeptical of people who've tested positive for Covid and their descriptions of how bad it felt relative to regular flu. I've had the flu on three or four occasions where I literally was out of the count a few days. Some people seem like they are sick for a day or two and others may be longer. I think we are all different in how our immune systems deals with it. As such, I don't think you can use one person's experience to some how give credence to how Covid is or isn't....

My mother tested positive for Covid and I don't think she even had a fever. She is in her late 70s, has advance staged MS, diabetes, former smoker... and living in a LTC facility.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightVision

I have mixed feelings about the Nuge. He says the most asinine remarks sometimes, but on the other hand, I find him hilarious.

I would submit that anyone, no matter a fan, or foe, should hear this story before judging the Nuge. You may be surprised.

Nugent the rock guitar god Motor City madman is one of my all-time favorites and though I agree with some of his views societally and politically his ideas and thoughts aren't exactly line up with anybody because his lifestyle had to be so different than an average American.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Somebody explain me why I mentally link Ted Nugent to Jesse Ventura all the time.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

That was my first thought.

I have had bad colds, and the few times I had the flu, each time, I said, "I thought I was dying." That was my way I guess for differentiating a cold from the flu.

At his age, and being male, I am sure he did think he was dying. My personal experiences with the males in my life, if they have a hangnail, they think they are dying.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I like some of Nugent’s music but not all of it.
He had his own morning radio show here in Michigan in the late 90s, apparently he broadcast right from a barn on his property.
We would listen to the show every day at work, you can get real tired of listening to him yammer about the same stuff every day.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   

In related news...Cher got a stomach virus and felt really crappy for several days.
Then she got better.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It was not covid what got him it was the pneumonia he got after the cold virus, most elderly people actually died from pneumonia due to age.

Is a big killer of the elderly in the US and around the world. Usually when you hear that an octogenarian and older get pneumonia more likely than not it will not survive.

Last year 4 million people died from Pneumonia in the US a lot of those case where tagged to covid as presume been covid related.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

In related news...Cher got a stomach virus and felt really crappy for several days.
Then she got better.

*sigh*

If only we could turn back time. . .

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

My older brother got me into Wango Tango Stranglehold and his later stuff, but I like some of the Amboy Dukes tunes too. That said most celebrities have a skewed sense of the world one way or the other. Some things they are right on some things they aren't. About the only "celebrity" I get and pretty much agree with is Charles Barkley.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   

He didn't deny the virus.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join