It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well Some Asshole Just Kicked My Dog

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Kudos to you for keeping your cool.

I imagine that they have had an issue with their dog being attacked by an off leash dog at some point, either real or imagined. The fact that he didn't get all agro and defensive tells me it was probably reactionary and not a planned assault on your pup. The two of you probably have more in common than you realize, you both prioritize taking care of you dogs.

We had issues with our dog at leash free parks, he's big and extremely passive so he gets a lot attention from aggressive dogs. So we stopped taking him to leash free parks, which is what these people should have done if they have had issues with unleashed dogs.

Dogs are the best
edit on 20-4-2021 by wheresthebody because: werdz

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Keep your dog on a leash and he is provided with your protection. Too many times I’ve had problems with others’ dogs off the leash. I’m sorry though that the guy was a douche in this instance.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Not everyone is a fan of dogs. Keep it on a leash if you don't like what happened to it.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

What did your ex do to you?

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
a reply to: rickymouse

Nope...not where i was..I had every right to have my dog off leash there. Plenty of signs around informing people they were entering an offleash area.

Had my dog off leash down there countless times around plenty of other people and other dogs. No issues until today.

I didn't realize that they had off leash areas in cities. There are no such areas here in our towns. Around here, all dogs need to be on leashes unless they are on your own property and have a shock collar and buried cable to keep them on your property. Or, if your yard is fenced in of course. The cops do not usually bother people walking their dog without a leash unless someone complains and most complaints come from people who almost hit the dogs or if the dog is a pit bull or some breed that people are afraid of. Also if the dog growls at someone.

We have not had a dog for over twenty years now, and ours was an alaskan mix, part sleigh dog. It could get off it's chain and was friendly as hell, down the road someone called the cops and they came out and the cop knew his name and he jumped in the front seat of the cop car and he brought him down to the Humane Society....again...they loved Alex, he was always loose there and I was a builder, I never had to pay a fine, I helped them do some projects and I would swear that when they needed some help figuring out what to do they would pick up my dog so I would come down. Never a ticket though. The cop told the lady that Alex liked to get eye to eye with people so would stand up and put his arms on their shoulders. He usually was picked up within ten miles of our house, he peed on every mailbox when he went for a walk.

He disappeared one day and we thought he was dead, there was a dead dog on the highway three miles away. But five years later I saw him with some kids, He was old and they said he showed up at their house and never left, they played with him all the time. I recognized him and he automatically stood up and put his paws on my chest and looked into my eyes, I knew it was him and questioning the kids at the ice cream stand they said he showed up about the time he disappeared. I guess dogs have the right to choose their family, he was chained up here way too much, he was an outdoor dog. He would get too anxious in the house and knock everything over. They said he was hyper for months and had to stay in their garage and they trained alex to be a house dog. The wife and I worked and the daughter was always busy with our friends and gone. I am glad that Alex found a good family. A place where he had five kids to play with out in the country. He pulled them around on toboggans which we never mastered, he was too wild, he may have been a sleigh dog but nobody had ever trained him, the daughter got dumped off the sleigh about five times before we said no more.

I told them about him talking for over a half hour and explained he was always twisting off his chain or out of his leash and bumming all over and looking for a place he felt at home. I mentioned I was glad he found what he was looking for and the kids were all happy. He was part of their family. He found where he belonged. After that I questioned as to Why we believe that we have the right to determine an animals life? We did not own Alex, he just stayed with us for a while and chose who he wanted to live with...a family at least six miles away by road, and he never walked in the woods much, there were no mailbox posts to pee on in the woods.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

You made sense of that post?

is he like a broken troll bot everyone knows about, or something?

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   

if there is a leash law in your are then you are in the wrong 100%. you put your dog in danger and it getting kicked is your fault.

you don't get to ignore the rules you don't like. if your dog ran up on me i'd kick the # out of it too.

i see people in my city constantly thinking the lease law doesn't apply to them, it is selfish and disrespectful... your dog took the punishment you should have gotten... a kick in the face.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I've got my dog off leash

Maybe leash your dog.

Or don't let your dog get near a person's foot. Hence leash.
edit on 20-4-2021 by SirHardHarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Congratulations on keeping your cool. Don't think I could have. And for those who think Pitties are bad, I've known and been introduced to a lot of Pit Bulls in my life. The only ones I've ever met who were marginally mean, were the ones that were rescued from owners who treated them horribly, or owners who got them to take to dogfights. And THOSE dogs weren't that mean. They just wanted someone to love them, and not constantly torture or hurt them.

Human beings suck...

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicUmbra

Not everyone is a fan of dogs. Keep it on a leash if you don't like what happened to it.

I have never liked dogs and avoid them. That said I would NEVER kick an animal unless I was in fear of attack.

I do find it very rude when an owner doesn’t keep their dog on a leash. In my opinion it is inconsiderate.
edit on 2021/4/21 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Dugg88, flag for a good thread and people gave some honest replies. I live in Texas and I don't own a dog now but I have in the past. IMHO animals are great so long as they're somebody else's animals so live and let live. No one should ever be cruel to animals nor should the animals be aggressive or attack people who keep a short distance between them and their owners.

I'm a licensed CCH and my carry gun will take of biting dogs. Notice I didn't say barking dogs but dogs off leash, strays or running in packs. You were wrong to have your dog off leash and most jurisdictions have laws against that but any idiot who kicks a dog who is acting friendly needs to see a judge and ante up some money to the court for animal control.

When I was younger one dog did attempt to bite me on the way home from a baseball game and a bat took care of that. It's owner was highly upset but his neighbor saw what happened and told him to back off or he would call the cops. Another time we ran into a rabid coyote but a rifle dispatched it and we let CDWL know where it was.

Like I said live and let live unless circumstances dictate otherwise. My best,

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the apparent lack of comprehension people have by commenting that OP should leash his dog despite OP saying multiple times that the area was an off leash area?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join