It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jobs Americans don't want

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Damn right I am. TF do I need # like a connected fridge or faucet for?

Talking about dopes looking to shoot things out of the sky. Wonder if they want to do the same with airplanes too...

edit on 19-4-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
a reply to: JAGStorm

As soon as my driveway is paved I'm picking up a robotic mower. I wouldn't want to have anyone come mow, my landscape is a little uneven and the chance of rolling a riding mower or breaking an ankle with a push model is pretty high. The one I'm looking at is AWD and can handle a 35 degree incline, will handle my entire grass area and be good to go for some time to come.

As for other automation, I've seen it happen in factories, I've seen it happen in the energy sector, I've seen it happen in the oil and gas sector, I've even seen RPA in the finance sector. Automation is an inevitability at this point, so the best you can do is try and future proof your profession.

The robotic mowers aren't for everyone, but they would be great for certain people.
I think of the elderly with very small square yards. It would be so much cheaper for them to have a robotic mower. Maybe have a contract with a service center if something goes wrong, and yearly maintenance etc.

Yes there are other facets of landscaping like tree trimming etc, but that's not something you need weekly.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   

The Colony was my weekend binge.
Prophetic?

youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

The other industry I see taking a hit is some lawn service.
Right now it's just grass cutting, but I can see this easily going toward mosquito spraying,
fertilization etc.

The robot lawn mowers have a long ways to go before they will take over lawn service. They cost way too much, take a long time to mow and leave spots you will need to weeded. The robot doesn't edge drive way or sidewalks.

Electric commercial mowers have a small % of the market. They cost $16K-25K+ compared to $6K-9K for gas powered.

posted on Apr, 19 2021 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Echo007

The robot doesn't edge drive way or sidewalks.

I'm really into landscaping and gardening. I can tell you straight up that edging will be next. It might be easier than the actual robotic mower since there is a guide, especially along sidewalks.

Also just like any new tech, there are going to be hiccups and problems at first. Once it gets perfected and the price is right, I think it will then catch on really quickly.

posted on Apr, 20 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Echo007

Do you mean commercial like business size? I can pick up the one I mentioned in my post for around $3500, which is comparable to a similar high end riding mower. They've come down in price fairly quickly as well, I was working for a power company about 6 years ago and they had them for mowing around the retention ponds due to the grade it was a safety issue. I was shooting the breeze with one of those guys, the mowers were 45k all day long.

Just look at the Roomba, when it first was released it was a very expensive novelty. Now the dang thing maps the house, runs on a schedule or by if it detects your phone nearby, empties itself, and does a pretty good job on my floors. Same with the Braava Jet robotic mop I have, it does it for me while I'm out running errands or even asleep.

All having a robot does is free up your time for something else. I would have felt the need to call in a lawn service without a robotic mower, now I can leave the mowing to it and handle the edging and weeding myself.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join