It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens The Mercury Connection

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbdowned

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: lostbook

Honestly, I doubt that advanced alien craft would be powered by electricity. It's a bit retro even now.

Even atomic energy would probably be an ancient and inefficient.

I'd suspect some sort of proton decay as a power source, possibly, but who knows, they may be further along in physics even that.

This is ancient alien stuff. It probably happened at least 10's or even 100's of thousands years ago.
They've evolved and advanced so much by now that we're not worthy of their time or they're just no longer interested in communicating with humanity.

Otherwise, these ancient beings may have gone extinct by now.
UFO's we see today may be of different alien species.

The energies required for relativistic movement simply aren't achievable electromagnetically.

And I'm fairly sure that there's not much of interest to them here.

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I see what you are saying but I think the show is on to something related to human-kind's past. I find this stuff very interesting.
The show is not "on to something" in that segment you posted on Teotihuacan, it's a mixture of some facts and then complete fictional fantasy to explain them.

For example, the show says the Mayans "disappeared without a trace" which seems like a completely ridiculous thing to say because in the same breath, without any apparent irony, they go on to discuss huge traces along the avenue of the dead, and the pyramid. Then they cite the name of a real archeologist who discovered traces of fire near the pyramid and along the adjacent avenue. Sounds legit, right?

There was a real archaeologist by that name, Leopoldo Batres, and as the show claims he did find traces of fire around the pyramid. But there the reality ends and the distortion/fantasy begins. They say Batres said the fires were too large to be made by torches. Is that really what he said? Can you find a quote of him saying that? I doubt he put it that way. That part of the world has had a long history of ceremonial fires going back many many centuries. so of course the ceremonial fire was not a single torch, they typically involve large bundles of wood.

If you're interested in real history instead of some made up story, here's an article that talks about findings of the same archaeologist Leopoldo Batres, regarding the evidence of the fires at that pyramid site from burning bundles of wood, the capture begins on page 6 of the pdf:

The "Binding of the Years" and the "New Fire" in Teotihuacan

So that's a real discussion of the historical findings of the archaeologist Leopoldo Batres about evidence of ceremonial fires at the pyramid site. It's interesting, but unlike the ancient aliens show, it doesn't posit the fires as some unsolved mystery that require us to invent some complete fantasy about some unknown energy source causing the scorch marks, like a fictitious "Earth power Grid" in 800 AD or whatever. Notice the show gives the name of the real archaeologist talking about the real traces of real fires (caused by burning bundles of wood), and it doesn't provide any name for the crackpot who instead invented the idea of some unknown power source being harnessed which exploded. The evidence is of fires, I didn't see Batres mention evidence of any explosion, that seems to be complete fiction made up by the TV show.

So again, it's entertainment. If you are interested in real historical events, all the distortions in that show make it an unreliable source of real history. You would get more accurate information from other, more reliable sources.The ceremonial fires are interesting to me without all the made up nonsense about "Earth power grid".

posted on Apr, 13 2021 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: lostbook

Honestly, I doubt that advanced alien craft would be powered by electricity. It's a bit retro even now.

Even atomic energy would probably be an ancient and inefficient.

I'd suspect some sort of proton decay as a power source, possibly, but who knows, they may be further along in physics even that.

The "they" flying these craft(s) could be humans from the past who escaped whatever cataclysm happened long ago: Plague, War, Famine, Asteroid strike, etc....Maybe it's even the reason some civilizations seem to have just "disappeared" without a trace....?

Bingo....most if not all are "coming back".....and are asses are grass soon to.....the satan worshipping freaks tried to burrow underground to wait out the incoming cataclysm....but they have been evicted recently and are still being driven back up to the surface.

We are all going to face this together....hopefully the Universe remediates any traitors hiding off-Planet like cowards....waiting for everyone else to be wiped out.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join