It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI'S fingerprint files 1944....Law and Order the Hoover Years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 11:08 PM
link   
FBI'S fingerprint files 1944....Law and Order the Hoover Years

Well here's one thing that computers have definitely improved, can you imagine trying to match a partial print?

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

As someone who hates paperwork....

That is actually a picture of what I would consider Hell.

Just doing that.

Forever.

~Eyeball Twitch~

edit on 5-4-2021 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Eye twitch indeed

Hell, I thought it was bad filing 500 plus stock orders and hundreds of more special orders. All going into our 9 file cabinets separated by name of store city and state over 1500 plus different folders. This would have given that task a better perspective

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 03:46 AM
link   

How many jobs did this system provide?

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Just doing that.

Forever.

~Eyeball Twitch~

I disagree because all I see is a huge room full of ladies.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Right?

The frustration level must be approaching critical there.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I understand that fingerprint experts have technical labels for different recurring features of prints, which must have helped. I suppose labels on the files would indicate which record set did NOT contain the features they were looking for.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 08:52 AM
link   
They thought this was hard work but the real hard work began when it came time to digitize each note, tag and add to a server.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
I understand that fingerprint experts have technical labels for different recurring features of prints, which must have helped. I suppose labels on the files would indicate which record set did NOT contain the features they were looking for.

Have no doubt they were as efficient as possible, amazing what you can do when you throw enough people at it. Still, it had to have its limitations and likely took a long time compared to the computer age.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
They thought this was hard work but the real hard work began when it came time to digitize each note, tag, and add to a server.

I know that's true too, I did that to all our records, took forever, ironically though we kept the files and would still file the same way as before too.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Right?

The frustration level must be approaching critical there.

We must admit women always work harder than us, no matter how much the job sucks.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Just doing that.

Forever.

~Eyeball Twitch~

posted on Sep, 6 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

We must admit women always work harder than us, no matter how much the job sucks.

Really, must we?

Are you talking about the women that complain about sexual harassment in comfortable offices that men built, while they use man-invented computers, networks and electrical systems, while men are dealing with sewer system problems, fishing in stormy seas and dying there as well, fixing the cable systems in extremely high towers, fixing roads in scorching heatwaves and in the rain, doing cable work outside in the winter, etc.?

Are you talking about the women that sit in the comfort of their own homes, gossiping on phones, watching daytime TV and munching bonbons and cheating on their husbands, while said husbands work hard under overly-demanding bosses, clueless managers in a world that doesn't care about men but pedestalizes women (the way you are doing right now), while women leave their jobs because of 'motherhood' and then decide the slight office work where they could seduce the simps to do most of their work anyway, was too hard, and start an onlyfans-account and now become millionaires just because they reveal their gash to hungry simps on a daily basis? (An easy-work opportunity men don't even have)

Yeah, really hard work..we MUST ADMIT!

join