It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travis Walton story falls apart

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Supposedly, and this is conjecture as I do not think anyone can truly say it is foolproof, this device is being claimed near 100% fool accurate in determining if someone is being truthful. It is, however, based upon some sound science and is supposed to be much more accurate than a polygraph.

However, as with a polygraph, it only really works if the person knows they're lying. If the person being tested absolutely believes what they're saying, it will be tested as the truth even if they're simply dead wrong. So maybe it can expose a liar, but it won't necessarily reveal the actual truth.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 06:53 AM
link   
A lot still going on with them.

badufos.blogspot.com... =1

threedollarkit.weebly.com...

m.facebook.com...

m.facebook.com...

m.facebook.com...

A lot to read🤔.

edit on 20-7-2021 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Last night Travis was presenting at the Stanton Friedman 4th annual memorial speaker series.

I had an invite to it via zoom so I joined in. There was only 30 of us attending.
So Jennifer Stein does the majority of talking . They discuss the Travis doc. Then it’s Q and A time.

It was my turn to ask, so I asked Travis a 2 part question.
1. how far is Gentry fire tower from the abduction site.
2. Was the forestry worker present that night as a possible other witness.

For some reason Travis only focused on the first part of the question and got mad.
He told me that theory was ridiculous and the fire tower isn’t visible from the site.
I had to stop him And say I wasn’t proposing any debunk, I was asking because if the fire tower can see the site, then it’s possible that there are more witnesses to this event.
Then he visibly calmed down.

But the damage was done. That fire tower is a sore spot.

The presentation will be up on YouTube in the next day or so.
I’ll post it with the time stamp so you can judge for yourself.

Was he being defensive about this because the theory is legitimately ridiculous?
Or is he trying to remove the fire tower from the equation because it’s a plausible explanation.

ETA. Can any forestry ranger confirm if a fire tower is only manned during daylight hours?
Peter Robbins, one of Travis’ handlers spoke up and said that the tower would had been vacant by 5 pm or so.
He never elaborated as to why.
A fire tower is only any good if there’s a person actively scanning for fires.

Forest fires don’t stop at 5 pm at the end of the work day for convenience sake.
Here in Canada, during the dry season a tower will be manned 24/7 because Fires get out of control in a blink of an eye.

I was hoping someone could confirm a ranger works bankers hours?
edit on 30-7-2021 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2021 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: play4keeps

I only spoken with Travis once, which was last night.

But a colleague of mine has had the pleasure of going for dinner with Travis and speak candidly.
He likened him to a used car salesman.

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 02:28 AM
link   
It's all still going.

badufos.blogspot.com...

Then we have Mike Rogers a few hours ago and posting the same to several UFO pages. Guess things are getting hot with this case.

m.facebook.com...

m.facebook.com...

Who is going to save the day on all this I wonder?

edit on 31-7-2021 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I wanted to update this story to address the issue of bad blood between Mike Rogers & Travis Walton. There absolutely is bad blood, for several reasons including personal (relating to Travis being married to Mike's sister) but given what we know about how the UFO event was hoaxed (and I see the evidence as overwhelming), the bad blood to a large degree is no doubt due to the secret these two men have been holding onto for 4+ decades. They have an openly toxic relationship.

If Mike & Travis hoaxed the other five in the truck (as the evidence shows IMO), their little prank and the fact they haven't owned up to it publicly is the reason the other witnesses' lives went to hell. They have all admitted the negative consequences of both the incident itself (including 5 days where they were suspected of being murderers) and the publicity that ballooned afterwards.

On the assumption that Mike & Travis have an inkling of a conscience, this must weigh on them. But they've left it far too long now to own up to what they did. Travis's entire life *is* Nov 5th, 1975 - he calls it his job. It would be incredibly hard to face the backlash, and far easier to just keep the thing rolling. From what he said in the movie TRAVIS (2015) he seems to justify it by believing at least he's doing good in the world by validating other experiencers.

Mike is clearly bitter about playing second fiddle even though his actions on the night were vital to the illusion. He also has money quibbles with Travis relating to the use of his artwork - pictures which become worthless if he admits to his role in the hoax.

These two guys along with Travis's brother and the fire tower accomplice thought they had a shot at the National Enquirer's $100,000 prize money. They ended up with only $5000 to split six ways (Travis plus 5 crew; Steve never got his share), and Travis's share had to be split again. So I can see why they'd look for new ways to capitalize on it (Travis's book, tours, speaking events etc) and it snowballed into one of the most credible UFO abduction cases in history because nobody could plausibly debunk it.

posted on Dec, 21 2021 @ 08:45 PM
link   

The Travis Walton hoax was evident from the beginning. It was a created hoax and never sounded true except to those that are gullible believers. Travis and some of his cohorts gained a lot of publicity and some laughed all the way to the bank. But much evidence was presented showing that a lot of believing fools kept the hoax alive. Thank god I wasn't one of them.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: idusmartias

The Travis Walton hoax was evident from the beginning. It was a created hoax and never sounded true except to those that are gullible believers. Travis and some of his cohorts gained a lot of publicity and some laughed all the way to the bank. But much evidence was presented showing that a lot of believing fools kept the hoax alive. Thank god I wasn't one of them.

posted on Feb, 2 2022 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: EarthPilot

originally posted by: idusmartias

I never believed it either
I do not believe in any alien claims but occasionally read some to see the claims made. I was amused when Walton was caught out with his claims not to have eaten for days by his urine analysis.

All those people are just trying to sell books and or become famous

I don't see a reply option i had to quote
Is it because I am new?
My post seems all to one side?
edit on 2-2-2022 by EarthPilot because: made mess of post

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Forrest Fires?...In the Apache-Sitgreaves national park Snowflake Arizona?...in November?.

posted on Feb, 7 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Never been there, only via Google earth haha.
That’s why I asked if the towers are manned 24/7
Because they can also be used as search and rescue bases.

posted on Feb, 8 2022 @ 02:43 AM
link   
SPAM
edit on 2/8/2022 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join