It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travis Walton story falls apart

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   
youtu.be...

unfortunately, one of the main witnesses in the Travis Walton case has disavowed himself. Unfortunate, because many people became steadfast believers in his experience that ET actually cared for his welfare when after being injured by their craft. Mike Rodgers was the driver and has stood by TW since the beginning. This has been one of the more persistent stories of abduction and believable because of the direct witnesses that saw the craft and has been part of UFOlogy for decades.

there has been some excellent and valid criticism of the claim on ATS . Many kudos to those with a skeptical eye. They serve an important function in this , the most important of all questions - SETI. You will not get a straight answer from your Government. That is something both believers and the debunkers can both agree upon.

Would I say the jig is up for TW? Probably, unless Rodgers clarifies exactly what he means, as yes, I saw the ship but I didn’t see the beam of light. But I don’t think that is what he is trying to convey.

I met TW once and asked him about the Nordic blonds that he said he met. I asked him if he believed they were Pleidian and he said he had no idea. “That’s what people have told me.” A lot of people found credence in his experience. Upon reflection, I found him personable but evasive. He was emotional and persuasive in his numerous speeches and his story never changed. He maintained he actually passed the polygraph that he failed on the show.

I actually observed him interact with a young woman who was evidently abducted. He was talking to her and I was not privy to the conversation but remember thinking it would be a travesty if this man was giving an actual abductee advise and he was a hoax.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   
So. . . which witness is now disavowing the story and what are the claiming happened in its place?

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: play4keeps

OK, let me get this straight. Some regular Joe says that he saw something extraordinary out in the woods one night. He is hounded for decades by people calling him a fraud and a liar, or saying that he's crazy. Then he recants his story?

I'm pretty sure that the latter may have something to do with the former.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
So. . . which witness is now disavowing the story and what are the claiming happened in its place?

Nothing, guv, he ain't seen nothin'.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Honestly, it's hard to say what is going on between these two. It could be a case of hard feelings between them, or he's tired of living in the spotlight and wants to be left alone. There's not enough information to go on, but I question his approach and motive. If he knows it was all a hoax, then why not come clean and have it done with, instead of playing games with it? Something isn't adding up.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   
That youtube video is suspect...the source is facebook but no link to the actual post? I just googled the claim Mike Rogers no longer a witness and nothing came up.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I don’t think Mike did see anything other than the fire that attracted them in the first place. He drove off and left Travis, so no he didn’t witness an abduction and I don’t believe he ever said he did.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

this is correct. All Rodgers has to say is he did , in fact, see the craft. But again, and point taken about the video being suspect, I don’t think that is what Rodgers was trying to convey. Again, if this is all disinformation, but I find that unlikely. There is no great secret involved here, just a CE4 story

as this all plays out, I also think it will be difficult for people to accept Rodgers story, if he is indeed trying to say the whole thing was a hoax. So many people have taken the TW story as Gospel.

edit on 28-3-2021 by play4keeps because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Nobody wants to get in a fight if they can avoid it.

Humanity has been sacrificing MILLIONS of Humans a year so that we may avoid getting into a real fight.

If you eat Humans or if you ingest or consume byproducts made from Humans or if you steal DNA FROM HUMANS.....YOU NEED TO BE REMEDIATED IMMEDIATLY WITH EXTREME PREDJUDICE.

If you are a Human from our past that has evolved and looks different.....ok....if you are a Dinovian that originated on Earth....ok....if you are a Visitor from another Planet.....ok....if you are a 5-Star representative of Sentient Life....ok......but NO ONE GETS TO SCREW WITH HUMANITY.......there are NO DEALS.

If you eat us we will remediate you permanently.....completely.....Universally.

We need all Countries to work together to mobilize and to go into a 7 billion strong state of Alert and Preparedness.

Its just not looking like we are going to see this happen anytime soon.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   

noriohayakawa.wordpress.com...

Jay Michael asked him, “Are you saying the event didn’t happen, or you no longer want to be associated with it?”, Rogers replied “I want nothing more to do with Big-T specifically. The event most definitely happened, from our perspective anyway.”

Sounds more like Mike has fallen out with Travis for $$$$$um unknown Rea$$$$on.
edit on 28-3-2021 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Who would photoshop their face like that and make themselves a meme to announce something on facebook? That seems so odd and fake. There's no direct link to the Facebook page to verify anything.

Edit to add: Anyone recognize what he's wearing? Maybe it's from a documentary which would prove someone on the internet made the image. People just take a portrait or a selfie, they don't make memes, c'mon seriously, it reminds me of the band kid meme.
edit on 28-3-2021 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I heard Mike was upset because he wouldn't be financially compensated by Hollywood for the upcoming movie reboot of Fire in the Sky.
Apparently when he heard that he went on facebook and cause a stink.
Then made all kinds of crazy accusations along the lines of an assault that took place or a threat about someone with a gun.

I dont know, but either way its a shame seeing a grown man acting like a baby.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I communicate via email with Norio on occasion and also send him stuff.

I believe him @ one billion percent

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Now I'm not saying any of this is or is not true, but I did think it was better to just read the full report on his site, as opposed to listening to him say parts of it in this video.

Mike's anger toward's Travis for keeping a new movie a secret from him, does seem like a good motive for these recent comments.

On March 19, 2021, Michael H. Rogers posted the above image to his personal Facebook page.

What exactly does this mean? Mike Rogers was the guy driving the truck at the time Travis Walton reportedly ran out into the woods toward a UFO, and was abducted by aliens.

Now on Rogers’ Facebook page, he refers to “Walton’s supposed abduction,” but is rather vague about exactly what that means. Several people, including myself, have asked Rogers to please clarify what he is saying. Jay Michael asked him, “Are you saying the event didn’t happen, or you no longer want to be associated with it?”, Rogers replied “I want nothing more to do with Big-T specifically. The event most definitely happened, from our perspective anyway.” Whatever that means.

Replying to a post saying, “It is unfortunate that after all of these years you have chosen to say that the abduction never happened,” Rogers said “I am not saying it didn’t, Chuck. We witnesses all took polygraph tests, remember. All I have said is ‘supposed‘. Like in Yippee Maybe. All I mean by supposed is like ‘still steaming pasture pie’ maybe.” So maybe the abduction did happen, and maybe it didn’t. And maybe it’s a still-steaming pile of manure.

Later, Rogers writes, “I am sure I will loose (sic) a lot of friends over this, but I hope not. I have been waiting a very long time to say this… I am very tired of holding this in.”

In a reply to this same posting on the Facebook group Desert Hart Paranormal, Rogers says, “Travis tried to keep a new remake of the movie a secret from me. He has always had his big secrets that he has kept from me. It angered me. I tried over the last two weeks to reason with Big-T, but of no avail. I don’t believe Travis is an honest person, and therefore I want nothing to do with him.” This brings to mind what Steve Pierce, another member of the woodcutters’ crew, said about Travis:

Travis is the most ignorant, stupid person I’ve ever met in my life. He ain’t got enough sense, you know the book he wrote, he couldn’t have wrote that book by himself. He ain’t got enough common sense to write that book.” (It was widely rumored that John G. Fuller, author of The Interrupted Journey and other rather sensationalist books, was Walton’s ghost writer.)

Pierce also says that he never liked Travis in the first place, and explains why..

Some are suggesting that this is just a spate involving money between former friends, in fact, in-laws (Travis Walton is (or was) married to Mike Rogers’ sister. I hope this is not just another episode of Family Feud.

However, Rogers’ statement can be interpreted another way: He seems to be saying that he will no longer vouch for Travis’ account of the event. Travis’ story is either a “real” alien abduction, or else it is a hoax. There is no other reasonable possibility. Rogers was in a position to know with certainty whether or not it was a hoax. In fact, if Travis’ story is a hoax, Rogers must have helped him plan it and pull it off.

On March 20, Travis Walton wrote on Rogers’ Facebook Page “In his sudden attacks on me he wants attention and it’s working.” To which Rogers replied, “Travis Walton, You hope? But they are right, get off my page, or I will get even more truthful. All I tell is the truth about you, Big ‘liar’ T.”

noriohayakawa.wordpress.com... n/

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

originally posted by: game over man
That youtube video is suspect...the source is facebook but no link to the actual post? I just googled the claim Mike Rogers no longer a witness and nothing came up.

Mike Heston Rogers on Facebook
www.facebook.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

I heard Mike was upset because he wouldn't be financially compensated by Hollywood for the upcoming movie reboot of Fire in the Sky.

Wait ... are you serious, they're remaking Fire in the Sky?

It's official, Hollywood has most certainly run out of ideas.

posted on Mar, 28 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles
a reply to: game over man

originally posted by: game over man

Mike Heston Rogers on Facebook
www.facebook.com...

Wow thank you for finding that! I read that whole thread. So Mike and Travis have beef and this is Mike's retaliation. I wonder if this will escalate.

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 07:27 AM
link   

The UFO drama's never seem to end.

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Fun fact that no one will find interesting but me.... My wife's grandmother was married to Mike Rogers father. She, unfortunately passed away 2 years ago.
edit on 29-3-2021 by azbowhunter because: spelling

posted on Mar, 29 2021 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles
Now I'm not saying any of this is or is not true, but I did think it was better to just read the full report on his site, as opposed to listening to him say parts of it in this video.
I agree With Norio that "if Travis’ story is a hoax, Rogers must have helped him plan it and pull it off." There is no reason I can see the rest of the crew had to be in on it, but I never liked the way Rogers drove the truck away and abandoned Travis Walton, that was always one of the most suspicious parts of the story to me, and Rogers was the one driving the truck.

noriohayakawa.wordpress.com...

However, Rogers’ statement can be interpreted another way: He seems to be saying that he will no longer vouch for Travis’ account of the event. Travis’ story is either a “real” alien abduction, or else it is a hoax. There is no other reasonable possibility. Rogers was in a position to know with certainty whether or not it was a hoax. In fact, if Travis’ story is a hoax, Rogers must have helped him plan it and pull it off.
I have always suspected that Rogers was in on the hoax with Walton. I didn't have a reason to suspect any of the other crew members.

But if Walton and the producers decide to cut Mike Rogers in on the profits of the new movie, would Rogers then change his story again and say "just said that to get my share of the money, it was all real"? It does seem like money is a factor in these unfolding events.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join