It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pet peeves...share yours!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I'm sure there have been previous threads about pet peeves, but with everything happening over the past year, I'm going to bet there are plenty of new ones that have emerged. Sound off if you have a mind to.
My latest...anyone starting an argument with "I feel that..." As in the words of Ben S., "facts don't care about feelings". Any position started with those words should be disregarded, unless the topic is something to do with pain receptors.

The old "No problem" response to a thank you is mine as well, but that's been around a while.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Zrtst

When people play music at a weird level where you can't make out the words. Worse if it's anything with tons of production, lots of instruments, etc.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Standing in line. Especially at a slow grocery check out line. I have NO PATIENCE, for long waits. Second one would be people playing loud music.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   

People who chew with their mouth open, I have the worst misophonia when it comes to that.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   
People in general.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
People in general.

Agreed. The human race.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   
People with two first names. Something doesn’t seem quite right about them..

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   
People who bitch about their pet peeves

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   
People on their phones whilst standing in a shop queue. It is insanely rude and annoying. And then you even get the ones who say "hold on a minute" to the cashiers! You should be able to execute them on the spot........
edit on 24-3-2021 by Flavian because: spelling

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Yes!

And hearing the person ahead of you saying sad small talk things to cashiers like, "Didn't scan? It must be free!" Ugghhhhh. I feel for cashiers.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1
I was going to say people, but you beat me to it

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
Yes!

And hearing the person ahead of you saying sad small talk things to cashiers like, "Didn't scan? It must be free!" Ugghhhhh. I feel for cashiers.

People waiting on line talking on the phone with their mouth open while eating.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

People in line, talking on the phone while eating with their mouth open while talking about the weather and facebook posts while quiet Nickelback music plays on the overhead speakers.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   

People that don't know the difference between

There, Their, and They're

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Your right!

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   
People who revel in ignorance.

I see it all the time where I live. It seems like many walk around with a sandbox on their head, completely unaware of their surroundings..

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Similar to mine which is people who write-''Could care less'' when they mean ''couldn't care less''.
Could care less means you care you dumb such and such!

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   
People who eat with mouth open and talk while chewing makes me want to puke.Learn manners ffs!

People who want you to do something,but won't ask directly-instead making pathetic hints until you do whatever for them..
I don't mind doing stuff for you-but just ask,NOT hint pathetically.

People who trim fingernails in public.

People who knock on my door trying to sell me # even after they see the "No cold callers" sign.
I am busy-# off.

People who try to convert me to their made up religion-So what if I am gonna burn in hell,you don't like me coz im not in your club-why should it matter to you if I burn in hell?

Any time the government/tax contacts me and wants me to fill in forms-# you I hate you all you parasitic criminal bastards.

People who are newly out/trans wannabes who can't shut up about it and its the only thing they ever speak about.
Do what you want,I don't care-but I also don't wanna here about it every time you speak. Change the damn record!

Obnoxious drunks who think they are tough while behaving like brain damaged retards.
Any drunks really since quitting booze-my god was I like them?I think and hope not.

People who enjoy being cruel to animals-kids included.
# you all I hope you die slowly in agony.

Chin mask wearers-wear a mask,don't wear a mask-I don't care,but don't wear one on your chin you complete imbecile.

War on drugs-one of the biggest scams in modern history,based on racist ideology and designed to opress.
Drugs should be seen as a health issue,not a criminal issue IMO.

The new fad of saying people can be fat and healthy-absolute tommyrot.

People who seek to manipulate reality,and present us with an obviously nonsensical version and expect everyone to go along with it.

My country being called "great" britain.Its not,it never was and it never will be thanks to succesive A55h0le governments going back to the dark ages.

People in my area who wait until the weekend at 7/8 am to do all their power tool/hammering projects when others are trying to have a lie in.Inconsiderate A55h0les! Yes,you neighbors.

People who burn tons of plastic waste in the garden to save a journey to the recycling depot,and stink out the area with carcinogens.

People who move to a country,then disregard all customs/rules of that country and expect to get a free pass-I have lived in foriegn lands and would never expect that treatment,and always try to behave in a decent manner-why can't you?

The way 90% of UK drivers cannot drive in 1cm of snow and every freaking time the roads are blocked by brainless fools who crash or just leave their cars in the middle of the road when it snows.Learn to drive or stay at home when it snows you cretins.

Yodeling-I cannot stress how close to becoming extremely violent I get when I hear yodeling.It literally makes me want to rip apart the culprit with my bare hands.NEVER yodel in my presence.You have been warned.

There are probably thousands more but I don't want to crash ATS by overwhelming the servers with too many words.
Or come across as a grumpy chump-maybe too late for that one though.

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Your right!

You're right!

posted on Mar, 24 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

People who move to a country,then disregard all customs/rules of that country and expect to get a free pass-I have lived in foriegn lands and would never expect that treatment,and always try to behave in a decent manner-why can't you?

OMG.. THIS

My neighbor was trying to have all the "weeds" sprayed in our area.. Hello it's the country, 99.9% of what is out here is what city folks call weeds!!
She was upset because she couldn't walk her dog without getting stickers on her and didn't want to walk in the road.
Did I mention that we have thousands of miles of actual TRAILS out here....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join