It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus: How the common cold can boot out Covid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Some new research out of Glasgow has discovered another potential method for fighting covid.

The Common Cold.

Yup...more specifically, rhinoviruses that cause the common cold.

The research shows that rhinoviruses outcompete sars-cov-2 and that the immune response from the common cold caused by rhinoviruses are effective at beating covid.

www.bbc.com...

The virus that causes the common cold can effectively boot the Covid virus out of the body's cells, say researchers.

Some viruses are known to compete in order to be the one that causes an infection.

And University of Glasgow scientists say it appears cold-causing rhinovirus trumps coronavirus.

The benefits might be short-lived but rhinovirus is so widespread, they add, it could still help to suppress Covid.

Think of the cells in your nose, throat and lungs as being like a row of houses. Once a virus gets inside, it can either hold the door open to let in other viruses, or it can nail the door shut and keep its new home to itself.

Influenza is one of the most selfish viruses around, and nearly always infects alone. Others, such as adenoviruses, seem to be more up for a houseshare.

[...]

edit on Tue Mar 23 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed quote and added source IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This is interesting. I have known for almost nine months that some kinds of the common cold can help boost the immune system to protect us from this coronavirus type. But I was unaware that the Rhinovirus actually could protect us from it. I have known for many years that viruses are competitive some times, one virus can help us fight another virus or can actually help kill cancer. But I never heard of this with covid before, I assumed it was more like the flu virus even though it is often far from the flu as to what works best for it. Next time a person complains they have a cold, just tell them how protective that cold could be against this virus. Also when their cat died from a coronavirus, remind them that being exposed to that cat coronavirus may have given them better immunity to this covid creating virus.

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   
LOL

Wear a mask so you dont spread or get germs as much as before , as well as obsessive compulsive sanitising and your immune system drops and then you dont get sick as often but when you do its worse.
So then all of a sudden this helps.

Its like some diabolical mastermind is saying lets ruin their immune systems and then keep them at home anyway because going out and being normal, as most of here have been doing, keeps you normal and with a strong immune system.

Or I am too conspiracy minded (stone me to death) and the reality is those at the top are just idiots because they overreact like fear sheep like anyone else.

I dont know anymore. But some pieces fit too well together.

a reply to: dug88

posted on Mar, 23 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The Johnson and Johnson vaccine used the shell of the common cold virus.

Different vaccines work in slightly different ways. The Johnson & Johnson shot uses a weakened common cold virus, called an adenovirus, as a vehicle to deliver a single coronavirus gene into human cells. That gene then provides the instructions for making the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein. When the body makes the spike protein, the immune system reacts by making antibodies; later, if exposed to COVID-19, the immune system remembers what the spikes look like and how to destroy them.
healthtalk.unchealthcare.org...

I'ts believed this will make it more resilient against mutated version of COVID , the other benifit is you only need one shot.

new topics

top topics

join