It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jogger who accidentally crossed US-Canada border is detained for two weeks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Holy crap looking for another video I stumbled across this...

BLAINE, Wash. (AP) -- A 19-year-old woman who traveled from France to Canada to visit her mother in British Columbia says U.S. officials detained her for two weeks after she accidentally crossed the border while jogging.

Link

I think the lesson here is just accidentally come in from the Southern Border...

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ATruGod

Text Published June 23, 2018 News KTVU FOX 2

How is this Breaking Political News?

It is from almost three years ago.
edit on 3 16 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Ha ha
That’s just brilliant
Build a wall to keep pesky joggers, Canadians and other northern type riff raff out
Or should the Canadians build a wall to keep their own people from straying accidentally south and into the badlands
Hypocrisy

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 07:58 PM
link   

There goes her holiday, bit a crappy thing to do too someone, yes it could have potentially been an illegal migrant but given she had no papers and likely nothing else except perhaps Canadian money I am sure this as just a very bad or even hateful judgement call by those men, very unfair to this young lady.

I wonder and hate to call out the race card here but if she had been more white would the same situation have arisen?.

That part of your border is apparently very poorly marked and she never saw it running along the beach as she was, they sound like they entrapped her to me as they waited until she stopped to take a picture of the scenery then started to run back the way she had come to go back to her mothers, pretty nasty thing to do if so and just maybe they deserve to get the boot from there job if that is the case.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Dear God, a Canadian almost infiltrated our great nation.

GITMO the bish!

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Third world folks welcomed .
Canadians , not so much ?
This country is done.
D U N - done.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Was she smuggling poutine?

I bet she was smuggling poutine.

If she had fentanyl they'd have let her go.

But poutine?

Why didn't they just shoot her?

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
When it comes to the Canada/U.S. border, the agents/guards are more often than not..douches

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Geez, was it marked? Like "Now Entering US" or how is a jogger to know?

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Yeah. Last time I entered Canada I was EXTENSIVELY questioned on my knowledge of Canadian "gun laws," whether I had any firearms, ammunition, magazines, or even "gun literature" with me. After lots of huffing and puffing they finally let me through. So how did they know I have a legitimate and legal Concealed Carry Permit from my state? Must be tagged with my passport.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Yeah. Last time I entered Canada I was EXTENSIVELY questioned on my knowledge of Canadian "gun laws," whether I had any firearms, ammunition, magazines, or even "gun literature" with me. After lots of huffing and puffing they finally let me through. So how did they know I have a legitimate and legal Concealed Carry Permit from my state? Must be tagged with my passport.

Border security is privy to info the police don't even have. Can/US border I think is pretty bad going either way.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

one should think carefully about carrying a laptop/phone , rules actually are that you are obliged to provide passwords on demand no warrant. your rights are not the same while crossing

www.androidauthority.com...

Canada too www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca...

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

There goes her holiday, bit a crappy thing to do too someone, yes it could have potentially been an illegal migrant but given she had no papers and likely nothing else except perhaps Canadian money I am sure this as just a very bad or even hateful judgement call by those men, very unfair to this young lady.

I wonder and hate to call out the race card here but if she had been more white would the same situation have arisen?.

That part of your border is apparently very poorly marked and she never saw it running along the beach as she was, they sound like they entrapped her to me as they waited until she stopped to take a picture of the scenery then started to run back the way she had come to go back to her mothers, pretty nasty thing to do if so and just maybe they deserve to get the boot from there job if that is the case.

She knew what she was doing. She got what anyone should expect. I sincerely doubt her mother did not warn her.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I have lived most of my life dealing with the US border patrol at the Blaine Wa. Border. They are trained to be total A-holes.
And they really are A-holes. They have been sued so many times for violating rights it isn't funny, and they have lost many court cases.

They also tried to rip me off once when they contracted me to paint some of their confiscated cars that they were then going to sell, and they wanted to pick up the vehicles without me being paid first for the work. I refused and forced them to pay under threat of selling those cars via chattel liens.

They lie and cheat people and violate peoples rights at the Blaine Wa. Border. People in government drunk with power and authority. Never let them get away with it. Hold them accountable always.
edit on 16-3-2021 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

Geez, was it marked? Like "Now Entering US" or how is a jogger to know?

Anyone that lives in the area knows and that's the first thing they tell you when they visit. And there are signs everywhere. She did it for attention and she got it.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

It is. They threw a fit when I had a load because the truck was owned by a CCW holder. I told them to check Interpol, they have a file on me....hilarity ensued from my perspective.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: schuyler

It is. They threw a fit when I had a load because the truck was owned by a CCW holder. I told them to check Interpol, they have a file on me....hilarity ensued from my perspective.

In the 80's they didn't care so much about guns. I went across at the Blaine Border back then and had an SKS which I didn't bring with me, but left a thousand rounds of 7.62x49 in the back seat and forgot was there. They looked at it and asked about it, but let me through anyways.

Now they would activate the alarms and throw a freak show temper tantrum over such a thing.

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfect stranger
a reply to: vonclod

one should think carefully about carrying a laptop/phone , rules actually are that you are obliged to provide passwords on demand no warrant. your rights are not the same while crossing

www.androidauthority.com...

Canada too www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca...

Yep..100%

You know what happens then? they grill you why no devises? what might you be hiding?

edit on 16-3-2021 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Was she smuggling poutine?

I bet she was smuggling poutine.

If she had fentanyl they'd have let her go.

But poutine?

Why didn't they just shoot her?

She must have had an interesting beaver! 👍

posted on Mar, 17 2021 @ 04:55 AM
link   

It's only ok if you're Mexican.

Don't want those shady Canucks and their shenanigans, running around.

<<   2 >>

join