It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sadness of Asklepios

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I am disappointed by the lack of thoughtful consideration of God, not as a finger-waving father figure who castigates you for your bad thoughts. But a God that is present in the world, drives the mechanisms of creation, and watches Its creation evolve in time.

I believe we are accountable to God. I believe God acts in the world, just not through the cartoonish acts ascribed to a diety by men living out their ignorance-a product of their time and understanding.

I have seen no compelling evidence that God has abandoned the world. I have seen much evidence that Humans have abandoned God. That humans have become so arrogant that they don't feel that they need God.

We need not return to an ignorant world that will not acknowledge reality as described by the scientific method in order to believe in God. We don't have to separate a tool of man from the dictates of our nature which, in my view, emanate from our connection to God, acknowledged or not.

The Prophecy of Hermes is coming to fruition. Like Hermes, and like he asked of Asklepios, I am saddened by the lack of reverance for the universe. We have sapped the mystery from it all and we no longer appreciate the home God has given us.

Many will view God as a figment of a mental illness. Belief in God will one day be treated as a disease of the mind and will be abolished so that any reverance for God is extenguished on Earth forever. The universe will be forgotten by mankind. God will be forgotten.

I will not forget. I will remember, Hermes. I will remember, Asklepios. I will keep God in my mind and heart and will revere the universe, even if I am the last one, as long as I live your prophecy cannot come true, Hermes. As long as I live your sadness will have no justification, Asklepios.

As long as I live.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Choose to believe in God all you like, I will certainly not deny you that.

I will keep God in my mind and heart and will revere the universe, even if I am the last one, as long as I live your prophecy cannot come true, Hermes. As long as I live your sadness will have no justification, Asklepios.

And I think that's where the problem starts, trusting in something other than yourself to effect change. Much like it's suggested towards the end of the video you linked, it is up to you, not me, not them ....... it's you.

I try where I can to do the right thing ...... I know what I do has no measurable effect on change ...... but I do it nonetheless even though things may have personal negative financial or social consequences ....... I don't care, really.

P.S. For anyone interested in the animation in the link, it's from a piece called IN-SHADOW - A Modern Odyssey. it is well worth the watch and fully supports the idea of the OP.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   
“If there is a God, he is within. You don’t ask God to give you things, you depend on God for your inner theme.”
Bruce Lee

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
Einstein

"The gods, as they are beneficent, if they find anyone who is healthy and whole and unscarred by vice, will send him away, surely, after crowning him, not with golden crowns, but with all sorts of blessings."
Apollonius of Tyana( Or Paul the Apostle)

Sorry, id love to try piece together an opinion paragraph, but I havent the faintest clue where to start.
edit on 10-3-2021 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Well said traveler.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Ummm...is that true though...have we truly “sapped the mysteries of the universe”...?

Have we turned over every rock to see what hides beneath...scribed every niche in an attempt to find which conforms the design of our humanity...?

Have we truly lost all interest...all connection...with the life that shapes it’s form as it scurries away from the light introduced under those rocks just overturned...?

Is the concept of God and Godhood not also recognized in this collective connection...?

Perhaps presumption doesn’t really outweigh humility so much as it might conflict with preconception as it relates to how one views self in opposition to others who might not see creation in the same light...we all perceive on an intimate level meant only for the individual...yet somehow still think that our perceptions should somehow define the world view of another...

Therefore...if one can find connection and recognize the amazement of creation...the sheer wonder of the created world and ones place...ones niche within the construct...then...perhaps it might be enough to exchange ennui for enlightenment...to exchange hubris for humility...for isn’t it hubris that might claim such an singular imagining that only one...in the entirety of such creative splendor...might worship benevolence...?

There is no shame found in the humble...the loosening of inner structures bricked from justification...

And you could never be there...in that place...alone...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I'm not a practicing Christian but if anyone ever demands that I denounce God, I will not. They can kill me if they don't like it.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 08:21 PM
link   

What's with the helmet and then the absence of any other armor?

What's he gonna do, hit 'em with his stick?

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Tiger headbutt. 🐅

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Tiger headbutt. 🐅

Oh, I see.

Does this sort of thing happen often?

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

A belief in God is not waiting for something other than yourself to effect change.

If that's what you believe, then you are sadly mistaken. God acts through His creation. We are all His creation. That means you, I and the OP. Our actions are God's as it pleases Him.

If He needs a thing to be, then it happens, but not through the grand majesty and drama of deific effect, but through the quiet action of water dripping on stone, wearing it away through the years.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 10:54 PM
link   

He's a messenger.

So sometimes he pops out of cakes...

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

He's a messenger.

Like the Facebork one, or the defunct Micro$ft one?

So sometimes he pops out of cakes...

Oh, that's why he's half undressed, then. It's like the ancient Greek version of wearing a police hat, & chaps, & nothing else. And you know what vice them Greeks are famous for. Mystery solved!

edit on 11/3/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   

wiki

Why did Zeus kill Asclepius?
According to others, Zeus was afraid that Asclepius would teach the art of resurrection to other humans as well. So he killed Asclepius with his thunderbolt. This angered Apollo who in turn killed the Cyclopes who made the thunderbolts for Zeus

Asclepius wanted to give immortality to humans, so the pitiful Zeus/Jehohav killed him.

have seen much evidence that Humans have abandoned God

On the contrary - gods are unreliable - plenty of examples in the OT

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   

And you know what vice them Greeks are famous for

Bacchanalia and sex orgies, and democracy - win-win

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Eventually Asklepios resurrected and was granted Godhood by Zeus at the behest of Apollo. Even the mighty Zeus was capable of having a change of heart.

God is incredibly reliable.

I've yet to meet a human being with even a sliver of reliability akin to God.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

God, in my view, governs change.

What we do with it is up to us.

This post really isn't an admonition to repent before God or anything of the sort.

A lamentation for the loss of magic in the world? Perhaps. But more a reminder that it can still be found and that God, whatever it may be, is present and acting in the universe in which we are granted a privileged position.

I do not view God as a father figure, a moral micro-manager. No. I look at God as a universal consciousness, and we humans as vassals of experience that will one day return to the source of it all.

Through the process of discovery we both pay homage to God by reveling in our own curiosity, and we revere the universe and learn to describe it's many working parts. We discover right and wrong answers through this process and this, I believe, is the essence of what God wants us to do. To find the right answers, discard what doesn't work, and be accountable.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   

This is a really interesting thread with some rather profound takes on personal relations with life and philosophy. Why did I think you were an atheist?

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Because I don't take a parternalistic approach to my faith in God.

I don't preach anything to anyone. I don't make demands of your soul.

If I bring up my faith in God it is to discuss the nature of it, the philosophy of my beliefs and how I believe it affects the world.

I have never told anyone that they are wrong to believe such-and-such. I have criticized beliefs only when they appear to be destructive or antithetical to human liberty (Looking at you Book of Romans).

I also don't separate science from God. I believe the former helps us understand the latter.
edit on 3 11 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Kudos, man, I can respect that.

posted on Mar, 11 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I'm not a practicing Christian but if anyone ever demands that I denounce God, I will not. They can kill me if they don't like it.

I tried to be.

Christians just piss me off.

I love them. I really do. But they would let their enemies grease their tank treads with their guts (to borrow a phrase) before they act in defiance to tyranny.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join