It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rose Thistle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   
For the few last mornings after meditation I found myself in the back yard drinking a cup of coffee staring at the same flower of a rose thistle. This morning I had a thought that the flower can be likened to myself. From that higher viewpoint, looking at the other flowers, I believe that I am different, unique, seperate in identity.

All of that I am. But like each of the other flowers, I also have a stem that feeds me nutrients from the same root. A root that may be labelled God to each of the unique flowers.

There is a beauty in simplicity.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: glend
I query "from the same root". From the same soil, yes, but individual roots. Check with a botanist.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

edited....

Yes seperate roots.
edit on 2-3-2021 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Plants as a genus are way older than mammals, and us silly hairless apes.
Perhaps it could also be argued that they are way more evolved ?

Plants have complex communication methods between plants of the same species, and others as well.
A lot of that is underground, through grafted root systems, and/or mycelium interconnections, allowing them to exchange information and nutrients.

The Intelligent Plant : Michael Pollan, via The New Yorker.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

I find after meditation that plants and movement of tree's in the wind are seductive to mind. Perhaps its that life force mentioned in your link. Thanks for the link.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 08:50 PM
link   
We have bull thistle around here. I look at it all over our back yard and try not to cut it because it attracts some birds. But it has some healing properties....which require alcohol to tincture it with. Another excuse to get drunk I guess.

www.americanherbalistsguild.com...

I looked at some evidence, but none of the research mentioned how to use it that I found, so I linked this site.

new topics

top topics

join