It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A quick question please...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I have just re-learned how to upload images, and now that I have placed some in a thread, is there a way to delete the ones that are in my UPLOAD?
Really, I'm afraid that if I did it would delete the ones that are in that thread, and I don't want that. I just don't know how the server works in the forums here, that's all. I know that on certain forums that I have frequented they were really stingy with their server space, and I can understand that, so I was trying to help by deleting the DOUBLE set, if that is the case.

Thank you!

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

When you select an image in your "uploads" folder, you'll see a red 'circle-X' icon at the top left. That's the delete function.

edit on 27-2-2021 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger
Thank you, but my question is, IF I delete that with the red X, will that also delete the one that is in my thread I just made, in other words, deleting it all, both images?

Thank you!

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: recrisp
a reply to: ColeYounger
Thank you, but my question is, IF I delete that with the red X, will that also delete the one that is in my thread I just made,

Yes.
edit on 27-2-2021 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

O.K., I really appreciate that, thank you!

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Hey? You could compose a thread off-forum, add pics, save it a .doc...with pics ON it...post that.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
I actually thought of that if there was any interest.
I may do that later, all depending on how I feel, between life, eating, sleeping, and you know, stuff, I will do it, maybe.
(I had to leave myself an out there)

Oh, I really don't know how to do it, yet, the right way, I need to learn that too, first.
I assumed for the last coup,e of years that I was unable to post images, I thought that because when I tried, it wouldn't allow me too, at least, the way I was doing it. Then, the other day, just for fun, I tried uploading an image, and I saw where I was going wrong, so that makes me think that I was also not able to upload a video correctly using the correct method. I am pretty sure that it was a 'me' thing, not an ATS thing. SURPRISE!

Here's what will probably happen, I make it then someone will come along and say, "Here is ti, I made it years ago", but my main problem, and most people's I imagine is that it's not easy to find out HOW.

(I think I just realized how, I will make one if I can)

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Yes! You can do it!

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Hey? You could compose a thread off-forum, add pics, save it a .doc...with pics ON it...post that.

Whut?

Explain or demonstrate how that works. Cause it don't.
edit on 28-2-2021 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Evening. I was editor of am Emergency Mngmt newsletter...I'd compose on my computer...slap a few photos on the document...like a sales flyer(?)....save that and publish it either just like here as a post/thread...or create a PDF file(not hard) to save your work more permanently.

I honestly dont know ATS policy for publishing something like a PDF single page.

And...I may be making it harder here altogether...than it is. Thnx

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Evening. I was editor of am Emergency Mngmt newsletter...I'd compose on my computer...slap a few photos on the document...like a sales flyer(?)....save that and publish it either just like here as a post/thread...or create a PDF file(not hard) to save your work more permanently.

I honestly dont know ATS policy for publishing something like a PDF single page.

And...I may be making it harder here altogether...than it is. Thnx
Doing all that is fine until you want to share something with ATS, then there's no way to do that easily. I think for a short time maybe ATS accepted pdfs for things like FOIAs, and for a short time you could even upload videos to ATS, I uploaded 4 of those. But now the only thing you can upload to ATS are images, with extensions .jpg, .png, or .gif. Someone said it doesn't work with .jpeg extensions which is variant of .jpg so you have to remove the "e" from .jpeg to upload those, and there's a size limit too, not sure what it is, maybe something like 2MB?

So you can't upload any pdfs, .doc or .docx, or any videos to ATS. If you have a youtube account you can upload videos to youtube and embed the link here, click the youtube link in the create reply window for a script to help post those links.

One thing you could do with your pdf single page, is display it and use a screen capture utility to convert it to an image file, but that's not desirable if the page is 8.5x11 standard size page, or even A4, because ATS will only display an image at 600px wide which makes an 8.5" wide page hard to read. You can expand that but I don't think you can count on everyone knowing how to do that, so I think you're better off writing the messages in ATS BBcode and inserting the images.

Here's a page I happen to have saved from The Roswell Report, so you can see how it looks at 600 px (you can expand it). Note I cropped the margins to try to make it legible in the 600pixel width allowed, it's harder to read with full margins. It's one page from a 900+ page pdf file by the way:

edit on 202131 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Mar, 1 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Doing all that is fine until you want to share something with ATS...But now the only thing you can upload to ATS are images

Exactly. If you want an embedded image in your post, it has to be an image in your uploads.

One thing you could do with your pdf single page, is display it and use a screen capture utility to convert it to an image file

Which also requires an image file in uploads.

Unless there is a "secret way".

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   

You are correct...broken down simply....create a letter(for example), paste a photo on it...upload to ATS.

Is it poss or not here?

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Screen capturing, upload as image is correct too.Thnx!👍

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   

You are correct...broken down simply....create a letter(for example), paste a photo on it...upload to ATS.

Is it poss or not here?

But the point of the OP is keeping the image in a post while deleting it in uploads, or having an image in a post without uploading it. In the above example, you still have to upload an image (whether a screencap of a doc, etc), and if you delete that image it's gone from the thread.

It might cut down on the number of uploads, for instance screencapping several images at once, but that image still has to be in uploads or it will no longer exist in a post.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Sigh...ain't tech grand???😱

new topics

top topics

join