It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

System Shock Remake , Demo Available Now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I've never played System Shock , there I said it ,don't judge me !

I've played the spiritual successors to System Shock but I've not played the Daddy , now another game with a troubled development cycle is nearing release and to reassure players that all is right in the System Shock Remake universe developer Nightdive Studios have today released a demo for the game.

The game itself is due to release sometime in the Summer , might be worth a look for Noobs like me.

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 01:34 PM
link   
System Shock is awesome as well as SS2.

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Never played the original, but system shock 2 was awesome. Good atmosphere, creepy and just weird at times. Like silent hill or something but a bit more action packed. I always found it creepier than resident evil personally...though...i kinda hate zombies...i find them boring.

Mutant space zombie things though alone a spaceship....good #.

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Never played the original, but system shock 2 was awesome. Good atmosphere, creepy and just weird at times. Like silent hill or something but a bit more action packed. I always found it creepier than resident evil personally...though...i kinda hate zombies...i find them boring.

Ahhh , the Silent Hill series will live in my heart as the best horror games EVER.

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Never played anything "System Shock"
I may now .
Thanks.

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Ahhh , the Silent Hill series will live in my heart as the best horror games EVER.

I'm not a fan of the genre but Silent Hill was genuinely creepy.

The only other game that came close to the creepy factor of Silent Hill was Max Payne with the dream sequences.
edit on 2722021 by Wide-Eyes because: Clarification

posted on Feb, 27 2021 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: Gothmog

I'm not a fan of the genre but Silent Hill was genuinely creepy.

The only other game that came close to the creepy factor of Silent Hill was Max Payne with the dream sequences.

Creepy ?
Creepy ?
Try one of the Evil Withins.
Now , that's crrepy.
Usually I can sit and play that genre for hours.
The Evil Withins ?
Usually about 1 hour , as they actually got to me...

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I will look it up, thanks.

posted on Feb, 28 2021 @ 07:27 AM
link   
There was always an argument among fan's of the series about which was the better game, System Shock or System Shock 2, I never played the first but the second for it's time was brilliant, scary and great fun (though for it's time the graphics engine was not exactly cutting edge and it looks even worse today so a reboot of that would be cool, think Deus ex Vs Space Zombies and an evil overlord computer).
I hope they do this right, these games are still cult classic's.

This is the intro from the second game.

steamcommunity.com...

The general consensus was that System Shock 2 was the better game but that is by no mean's shared by everyone.
If remade it is a horror, exploration and survival game that has ample scope for modernization and could easily be turned into an RPG/FPS shooter since many of the mechanic's of these games.

Remember the original games were 1994 and 1999 respectively and show there age but they (From my personal experience definitely the second game) also show a level of brilliance, game design and plot engineering that are sadly missing in almost all A list games of today, System Shock 2 definitely need's a remake and we need a system shock 3 as well since it was so good that old men would come out of the woodwork to buy a decent follow up of there one time favourite game and a good reboot would also gain new fan's.

You will see many features that were later copied by other games such as Prey but remember PREY was really just a system shock clone with Aliens instead of a Rogue AI and System Shock 2 HAD Aliens albeit engineered by an evil AI.

Other games that were inspired by it include Half Life and also Deus Ex to a great degree.

The original game left you with scarce ammunition, some great weapons but they degraded so you had to repair them and that meant finding repair kit's and enemy's that were sometimes' armed and sometimes not, zombie like creatures and other far less human beings, not as frantic as Halo but some of the areas felt very much like sneaking around a flood hive or an Aliens Xeno Morph hive.

It was about survival and to survive you had to defeat the threat.

edit on 28-2-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join