It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avivo Village, new normal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I was made aware of a weird project happening in the Twin Cities. I'm still looking into it and it seems to strike me funny.

On paper and minus the political climate we've been in, it has potential, but upon looking into this and seeing pictures of these indoor villages. Eerily looks like something you'd see from a modern nazi camp.

It's for the homeless, mentally unfit, other burdens on society. You get set up in your own little cottage, inside a warehouse, with their own ventilation. You get a case worker to help you become a government tool or else you're put in for another month.

I'm not sure how to post pictures from articles on mobile, but the shot they have of the indoor warehouse and these "homes" is alarming.

Maybe this is what those reeducation camps will look like?

Mods, I couldn't figure out which forum would be appropriate, if there is a better forum, feel free to move.

minnesota.cbslocal.com...

Edit: An issue I have, is that not even their official website shows what these units look like or the warehouses. Unless I've missed it.

avivomn.org...
edit on 2/20/2021 by Nivhk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk

I don't like the vib of that - at all. It's similar to what St. Louis is doing but St. Louis' tiny home village seems more autonomous. I do like what St. Louis is doing.

www.ctvnews.ca...

edit on 20/2/2021 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   
They look like individual gas chambers. They say they have their own ventilation but you can see that it all feeds from the same main ducting. This just all reeks of some orwellian double-speak-pseudo-housing-gas chamber.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Ventilation or gas chambers for the unwashed and unvaccinated? I think I’d rather be on the streets...

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SoundisVibration
That's kind of the vibe I was getting.

If you don't rehabilitate in the month period, oops, too much CO2 got in, one less useless eater.

And I mean, theres no privacy in there, the shower is right in the door.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman
We have the space to do things similar, but putting a village, in a warehouse, with ventilation tubes like that?

Sorry, but 4 years of screaming about nazis and this is okay?

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I guess it's all in how you look at it. Perception is a funny thing. For some, this might be a great temporary and safe haven. For others, they might rather take their chances elsewhere. Even though it 'looks' a bit sterile, it needs to be cheap to maintain and easy to access. A bunch of bins in a warehouse will be easier to keep heated. I'm sure if anyone wants to go out into the -25F weather in a more dystopian atmosphere, they are free to do so.

It will be nice to have a choice. And yes, St Louis set up looks much better and has more amenities while also providing 3 meals a day. When spring hits, maybe the homeless in MN can travel there and get some new digs.

Either way, living in these 'bins boxes' will hardly be the new normal. Tent cities have been around for a while. People want their freedom and the ease and flexibility of picking up and moving anytime, anywhere.
edit on 20-2-2021 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux
That's all good and I agree.

My concern is, will they be allowed options? With the way these inner city councils are talking, it seems they don't want options. Checking into one of these warehouses may come with more extreme measures then self checking into a rehab.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
From what I have seen, they will never get a certificate of occupancy. The code inforcment office and fire martial will shut them down as soon as they look the place over.

Not built to electrical or fire code in any way.

I love the way that guy at around 1:25 is so concerned about them being individuals.

If they are trying to get the homeless back into working society, where are the training areas for jobs?

They obviously don’t support families ether, all rooms the same size with one bed and one chair.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   
It appears that the doors may lock and unlock on the outside .
Not sure about that but it looks that way.
You can check in any time you like
but you can never leave.
a reply to: beyondknowledge

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamonlyhuman

I don't like the vib of that - at all. It's similar to what St. Louis is doing but St. Louis' tiny home village seems more autonomous. I do like what St. Louis is doing.

www.ctvnews.ca...

heating and Ac wow 3 meals a day. Why don't they intervein when people start losing their housing or a tragedy (temporarily with help) does not become homelessness I wonder.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   
What's up with the already built accommodation, you know what I mean? What were they called, oh yes, FEMA camps. Sarc.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 12:08 PM
link   
How does it feel to look dystopia square in the face?

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: Iamonlyhuman

www.ctvnews.ca...

heating and Ac wow 3 meals a day. Why don't they intervein when people start losing their housing or a tragedy (temporarily with help) does not become homelessness I wonder.

I think this "village" will be run by a corporation that will scrape off plenty of taxpayer dollars. Capitalism/corruption....it's an established system here in MAGA country.
edit on 20-2-2021 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   
They all look like gas chambers to me.

Lots of gas chambers.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy
There should be much more help to not become homeless than being homeless. I guess they bon’t have as much power over them until they are homeless.

I think the government has changes that old saying to “Give a man a fish and he will be back tomorrow for another one”
edit on 2 20 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   

If they enforce a strict no drugs policy, I predict a lot of vacancies. Given the choice, most would prefer to smoke crack in a snow covered tent. That's not cold-hearted cynicism, it's just a fact.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61
I'm well aware, as these idiots should be too.

How about the idea that this is a private corporation? Hey, their rules, right? Expanding the prison complex?

As someone else pointed out, where are the locks on the doors? Willing to volunteer as an inmate where the warden can waltz into your block whenever?

How easily can women get abused in these settings? But hey, least they aren't in the park.

Edit: How easy would an employee be able to walk through some cells with women and just take a peek inside if they hear running water?

Shower is straight inside from the door "Teehee, sorry ma'am. Nice figure"
edit on 2/20/2021 by Nivhk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Those look uncomfy and industrial. Those do not have feeling of home, but when people are settled it might eventually look like the streets they used to live. In best scenario they will look like comfy bazaar,,, who knows .. time will tell.

posted on Feb, 20 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I guess it depends on the individual and how bad off they are. Some people fall on hard times and a little help can go a long way. I know because I have been there. I was blessed that I did not lose my home, but it was tough going, and required almost all the time and energy I had, and extreme sacrifices were required, but with time, perseverance, determination, family and friends, I overcame.

Having to deal with circumstances not of my making, though of my choice, I have learned not to be so judgemental, and it made me more generous, and more community oriented. I try to give back by serving my community, and those that found themselves, in a place where a little compassion and understanding goes a long way when it seems the rug has been pulled from under your feet.

It is hard to understand what it is like being homeless when you have never been there. No one will be forced to live in the little houses. It will be by choice, and it beats living on the streets in the Twin Cities. They appear to be better than those in Hong Kong. My heart goes out to any that are in the position were these places are called home, and I think that they may actual be of great help to some. If it provides a chance at a better life for just one person, I think it is worth it.

That is just how I see it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join