It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More bad news from TEPCO Japan today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Hey folks, I know I am supposed to write something and post a bit of the link, but now the online news papers are getting smart to the fact that we are not allowed to copy and paste.

OK, TEPCO is still causing a ruckus within their ability to gain the publics trust. This last incident was crazy.

The link is most likely to be in Japanese so use chrome for translation. Worth a read.

You know that the private citizen can not check for radiation levels of the sushi, don't you. And can't legally post their findings. Silence is making us "sick" , well, we just don't know.

If you are eating sushi exported from Japan, get a Geiger counter ready at your sushi bar. The govt. here is got to be in the bed with the CEO of TEPCO.

This BS has got to stop. Personally, I see a total breakdown of the people actually working there. Maybe the radiation has an effect on their judgement these days.

Have a read.
news.tv-asahi.co.jp...

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

this article seems to be talking about security issues, not glowing sushi. What's the connection, other than the plant pumping radiated cooling water into the ocean for years?

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

this article seems to be talking about security issues, not glowing sushi. What's the connection, other than the plant pumping radiated cooling water into the ocean for years?

I think the connection is that they’re not allowed to copy paste anymore? Hard to follow.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   

It allowed me to copy/paste...

TEPCO's Kashiwazaki-Kariwa Nuclear Power Plant and Fukushima Daini Nuclear Power Plant have discovered a series of security problems.

According to TEPCO, in January at the Kashiwazaki-Kariwa nuclear power plant, a case occurred in which the protective equipment for detecting intruders was broken, and additional investigation revealed multiple similar equipment failures.

Details have not been disclosed, but it is believed that the damaged camera or sensor was damaged.

It was also found that the employee had lost the ID of the Fukushima Daini Nuclear Power Plant.

This employee came to support from the 1st nuclear power plant to the 2nd nuclear power plant, created an ID, and then returned to the 1st nuclear power plant.

The ID of the second nuclear power plant was invalidated in 2016, but until recently I did not notice the loss.

These cases were reported to Chairman Fuketa and others at the extraordinary Nuclear Regulatory Commission held on the night of the 18th.

Regarding TEPCO, in September last year, an employee of the Kashiwazaki-Kariwa nuclear power plant just used an ID to enter the central control room, and criticism from local governments such as Niigata prefecture is likely to increase.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Why can’t a private citizen check radiation levels?
Geiger counters are easy to find on amazon.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I remember when fukushima was still recent- there were tons of videos on youtube of people taking geiger counters to fish markets all over the world and showing what was happening.

The media cycle must have found a distraction and censored this when we weren't looking... it's been years since I've seen an update, and the leakage from the ground water around that plant has never stopped.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Seems fishy, no pun intended.

Almost as if someone is laying the ground work for an inside sabotage operation explanation to cover the fact that what's going on over there is unmanageable. You honestly can't be paranoid enough about it, sorry. How long can they possibly keep up with the seat of the pants waste/storage/contamination protocols??

What's been going on over there since 11 MARCH 2011(think about that..almost 10 years of dumping 4+ tons of radioactive water PER DAY into the ocean..) is nothing but pure cover-up. It's Chernobyl 2.0, but what's worse is that once again we are in uncharted territory in regards to containment and abatement.

Out of sight out of mind I guess🤷🏾‍♂️. The seafood industry still flourishes and heaps of people consume it without any regard at all to the dice they roll everytime, mostly out of ignorance and willful denial.🤦🏾‍♂️

edit on 2/18/2021 by EternalShadow because: eta/correction

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Order a Geiger counter, they are relatively cheap, buy some sushi and test it. Report back here. I can guarantee nothing will stop you.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

This one is nowhere near as bad as Chernobyl.
I remember laughing when people were saying the pacific was going to die and the west coast would be uninhabitable.
Everyone’s scared of the boogeyman.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Your op has nothing to do with the link you posted? It appears from google to be discussing lax security at some of their plants has nothing whatsoever to do with radiation or exposure. Tepco apparently needs to hire a security company but i have no clue wat that has to do with sushi.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Like I mentioned, willful denial.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   
They should have detonated a nuclear bomb at that plant within a week of the disaster. It would have burned up the remaining radioactive fuel and would have had probably less then a thousandth of the contamination that has leaked from there. The cleanup would probably be over by now.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Like I mentioned, willful denial.

They say ignorance is bliss.
Some people just prefer to live that way.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

No.....just no....
It doesn’t work that way.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Its been 10 years now and even radiation levels are returning to normal around the plant. They are about half way through the removal of the reactors. Once they are gone the area in the plant will return to normal as well . This was no where near the damage of Chernobyl and the Russians did not attempt a clean up either. Their approach was to pour concrete over it and hope for the best. Even now the concrete is deteriorating so the problem continues.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The design of the Chernobyl reactor was nothing short of a crime against nature.
No containment.
Oddly enough even with tons of radioactive material scattered around the area, the Russians managed to safely continue operations in the other reactors for another decade.

I think the Russians finally completed a dome over the reactor that is supposed to last 100 years,,, that’s 20 in Russian speak.
edit on 18-2-2021 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   
You are saying that the radiation blast from a nuclear bomb will not make nearby nuclear fuel react down into less harmful or harmless atoms?

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I can’t say for sure but I think he is saying you don’t know jack about nuclear clean up and that far, and I mean far brighter minds then you are on the case.

a reply to: beyondknowledge

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge
You are saying that the radiation blast from a nuclear bomb will not make nearby nuclear fuel react down into less harmful or harmless atoms?

Considering that the radioactive fuel is inside a six foot thick concrete sarcophagus... No.
You might also want to look at radioactive fallout after a nuclear explosion.

Very bad idea.

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Its been 10 years now and even radiation levels are returning to normal around the plant. They are about half way through the removal of the reactors. Once they are gone the area in the plant will return to normal as well . This was no where near the damage of Chernobyl and the Russians did not attempt a clean up either. Their approach was to pour concrete over it and hope for the best. Even now the concrete is deteriorating so the problem continues.

Unfortunately, this is very wrong. The current schedule to clean up the damage around the plant will take an estimated forty years. That includes moving the spent fuel rods to a more secure location. We are dealing with three melted down and exposed reactors, remember. Water will have to be continuously poured on them and collected. Collected as much as possible, that is. The rest goes in the ocean. The giant water tanks they’ve been erecting around the plant will have to continue to be built. They’re working out where to build more as they’re running out of space.
The area around the plant will never be inhabitable again... ever. The plant will have to be continuously be babied and maintained forever. Same with Chernobyl, it is on permanent maintenance status. In a thousand years (if people are still around) they’re going to have to maintain these sites.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join