It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid question

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 02:56 PM
link   
So in the last three fricking days my sister and both her kids tested positive for covid (kids are adult), they live next door to my 83 year old dad who has had the first injection but not the final.

So today my father went to urgent care with a 101 degree temp but no other symptoms so they are doing the slow test because its more reliable.

Let my active duty boss know his reply was if you weren't around them who cares, I just stared at him till he got uncomfortable and said keep me in the loop and avoided me since.

My reservist boss said keep me in the loop and let me know if there is anything I can do.

I guess my question is pretty simple does the first jab provide any protection, or is it just purely a prep for #2?

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Good luck on the answers. I don't know yet, if you are safe after the second shot. Reports of positive tests after shot # 2 have been popping up. And the Mask police claim we will continue to wear them until popular opinion allows for their removal. (science be damned)

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   

You’ll find that answer in the 5 year clinical trials they had on the vaccines....

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This isn't the best answer in the world but.... from what I remember reading

The first shot gives you 50/50 protection two weeks AFTER you have had the first shot - however, if you should get COVID, it does protect you from the worst of it/dying.

Two weeks AFTER the 2nd shot it gives you 94% protection, and if you should get COVID, you will get it very mildly.

If your Dad was exposed BEFORE his 2 weeks post vaccine were up, then he could get the really bad COVID.

Again, this is a quick and dirty answer from what I recall. My parent in 80's, spouse late 60's
have had the first shot and so I am pretty well read, but this is a target shoot answer.
I got mine a few days ago. Therefore, I am pretty well read about it.

edit on 2/12/21 by The2Billies because: format

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I'm sorry your dad is going through this, and I hope he has it mild, and recovers quickly.

You know this could be from his first jab though, right, not necessarily your family.

In all honesty, there just isn't enough info out there. I don't think the jabs are supposed to prevent you from getting it either, just a less serious case.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 03:23 PM
link   

And just why do you not suspect he had an adverse reaction to the experimental vaccine?

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Its possible, unfortunately I wont get fully read into the situation unless his health spirals down hill as I am the only close family member not under quarentine.

He got the shot 10 days ago, had a 101 fever it broke then it came back this morning and thats when he went to urgent care.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Don't blame you neighbors, dude. The vaccine is the culprit here.
I'm 70 and I refuse to take their experimental crap. They won't use me as one of their Guinea pigs.

83! Blame the person that encouraged him to get the damned thing in the first place. Stupid is as stupid does.
edit on 12-2-2021 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   
If it is Covid, keep oxygen supply ready and the chest pounders away.

If it is a reaction, I hate to be that guy, but there isn't enough information available.

It is a good sign he was able to break the fever, even though it came back.

Sorry I don't have more. Wish him a healthy recovery.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

The first shot gives you 50/50 protection two weeks AFTER you have had the first shot - however, if you should get COVID, it does protect you from the worst of it/dying.

Two weeks AFTER the 2nd shot it gives you 94% protection, and if you should get COVID, you will get it very mildly.

Which begs the question...

If, without the vaxx, your chances of dying in a worst case scenario (old, multiple co-morbidities) are much lower than 6%, then why the frack would anyone in their right mind want to get such a seriously questionable vaxx?

If your Dad was exposed BEFORE his 2 weeks post vaccine were up, then he could get the really bad COVID.

Again, this is a quick and dirty answer from what I recall. My parent in 80's, spouse late 60's
have had the first shot and so I am pretty well read, but this is a target shoot answer.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Which begs the question...

If, without the vaxx, your chances of dying in a worst case scenario (old, multiple co-morbidities) are much lower than 6%, then why the frack would anyone in their right mind want to get such a seriously questionable vaxx?

Because 6% is a fairly high risk. Even if you don't die a bad case is s fairly unpleasant experience for anyone let alone someone of that age.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I dont blame my sister its spring time in florida and she is allergic to everything how could she know.

Also nobody convinced him he made the choice his reason to me was I am a prime target for death if I catch it, and the option was a possible bad reaction to the vaccine.

He chose to roll the dice..
edit on 12-2-2021 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

I guess my question is pretty simple does the first jab provide any protection, or is it just purely a prep for #2?

It depends on how much time elapsed from the first shot til the time he started showing symptoms and what his response was to the first dose. Typically, it takes around 5 days to a week for your immune system to start developing a strong antibody response to a novel antigen (which is what the vaccine is). If it's been a week or so, then I think his immune system will have gotten a head start in responding to having caught the infection. I got the first dose a week ago and my shoulder was sore for the first couple of days afterwards, which is a good sign that my immune system recognized the vaccine and started developing the immune response. You might ask what his response was.

The fact that he's caught the infection (if that's what his fever is due to) means that the disease will run its course, but if the vaccination has had enough time to do its work, that should theoretically reduce the likelihood of moving from the "mild to moderate" category to the "severe" category because it should reduce the peak viral load that he experiences.

Another thing to think about: the monoclonal antibody treatment that Trump got that apparently kept him from moving from the moderate category to the severe category is now fairly widely available and apparently underutilized. It is supposed to be used in the first few days after symptoms show up if it is to be effective at all. It sounds to me like your father would be a good candidate for that treatment. Most hospitals now have the stuff on hand but not all the doctors offer it. If it was me, I would ask the doctor about it, pronto.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The Tests are based on Acidosis levels of your body PH tests. All Tests are same just like a Fish Tank water is Acidosis fish will die. Your body PH level Acidosis your organs will start shutting down no nothing for me u been Deceived had Case closed

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   

The purpose of the vaccine is to provoke an immune response. It isn't instantaneous and will take about 28 days to reach an effective and extended level of protection.

Other one shot vaccines have been quoted as taking 29 days, so I would expect a similar time-frame for the COVID-19 vaccines, with the caveat that the COVID-19 are a new type of vaccine (mRNA) and will require booster shots, so they could take shorter or longer, but that remains to be seen in the post analyses of this relatively new vaccine type.

edit on 12/2/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Sorry to hear that mate.

My understanding is that lymphocites (white blood cells) are decreased within 1-3 days as a result of the injection and return back to normal after about 6-8 days.

During that time people like your dad are susceptible to ANY infection.

Truth is I'm sure this came up during the early trials. People like your dad should be isolated before & during this period, simple as that.

Link to Study. Go to the Discussion towards the end, second paragraph, mid way down ......

Transient decreases in lymphocyte counts (grades 1–3) were observed within a few days after vaccination, and returned to baseline within 6–8 days in all participants.

edit on 12 2 2021 by myselfaswell because: nunya

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I will not allow my parents to get that “vaccine.” It gives you an auto-immune disease. No way.

Good news I’m here to tell you is that my 77 year-old dad had covid-19 back in July/August. That’s how his started, too- fever. He had a bit of a sore throat for maybe a half day. Anyway, it took him out for about three weeks, during which time he had fever, aches and pains. Sometime in the middle of the third week I made him go to a different doc, who gave him a Z-pack and a steroid. The next day his fever was gone.

That may have just been a coincidence; maybe he was going to finally turn the corner anyway, or maybe the Z-pack and steroids was what he needed. Either way, he recovered fully, with zero, I repeat ZERO damage.

Keep an eye on your dad but stay positive and hopeful. I know several other old peeps beside my dad who also got it and recovered perfectly as well.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nivhk

If it is a reaction, I hate to be that guy, but there isn't enough information available.

Seriously? I know over 30 folks now who have had it, and none of them had any symptoms beyond loss of taste for a few weeks and at the worst, fever and aches for a handful of them. NONE of them had any lung issues whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: Nivhk

Seriously? I know over 30 folks now who have had it, and none of them had any symptoms beyond loss of taste for a few weeks and at the worst, fever and aches for a handful of them. NONE of them had any lung issues whatsoever.

The vaccine itself is incapable of causing 'lung issues', however, the live COVID-19 virus can.

I think the issue may be that the infected family members have assumed, incorrectly, that the shot rendered their relative invulnerable to the disease. It would be unknown, until testing gives more information, if there was an adverse reaction from the shot, or if it is a case of actual COVID-19, or if it was something unrelated.

posted on Feb, 12 2021 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Yeah, i have heard similar percentages. In complete honesty, that sounds.... useless.

Think about all the times you have to go to grocery store. Work. Pass by someone on the streets. 94% protection means you are going to get it anyway.

Polio vaccine gives 100% protection, right? And now polio is gone from this planet. That is what i call a real vaccine.

Editing to add: I googled for a while. Polio is not gone. "Polio does still exist, although polio cases have decreased by over 99% since 1988, from an estimated more than 350 000 cases to 22 reported cases in 2017. This reduction is the result of the global effort to eradicate the disease."

Still good work from the humankind as a whole to eradicate polio. Corona? not so much. It is not about sickness. It is about power and control. "They" already have all the money.
edit on 12-2-2021 by MapOfNowhere because: I wrote faulty info

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join