It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mount Sinai study finds Apple Watch can predict COVID-19 diagnosis up to a week before testing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 09:07 PM
link   
They are saying that the Apple watch can predict a covid infection a week earlier than pcr. The study is ongoing and there appears to be a link if you wish to get tracked by Apple. I'm still not buying an Apple watch, but this might be good for the stock.

A new study from Mount Sinai researchers published in the peer-reviewed “Journal of Medical Internet Research” found that wearable hardware, and specifically the Apple Watch, can effectively predict a positive COVID-19 diagnosis up to a week before current PCR-based nasal swab tests.

During the course of the study, the research team enlisted “several hundred healthcare workers” to participate, and collected data over several months, between April and September. The primary biometric signal that the study’s authors were watching was heart rate variability (HRV), which is a key indicator of strain on a person’s nervous system. This information was combined with information around reported symptoms associated with COVID-19, including fever, aches, dry cough, gastrointestinal issues, and loss of taste and smell, among others.

The Warrior Watch Study was not only able to predict infections up to a week before tests provided confirmed diagnoses, but also revealed that participants’ HRV patterns normalized fairly quickly after their diagnosis, returning to normal roughly one to two weeks following their positive tests.

Apple Watch Can Predict Covid A Week Before Testing

Mount Sinai Press Release

Link to the Warrior Watch study
edit on 9 2 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

edit on 9 2 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 09:46 PM
link   

The primary biometric signal that the study’s authors were watching was heart rate variability (HRV), which is a key indicator of strain on a person’s nervous system.

So now, sex, excitement, exercise are all indicators.

Bloody rubbish with a wrist watch no less.

It is 2021 all hail Stupidito, God of reason.

P

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

but this might be good for the stock.

No doubt the automatons are rushing out to get one right now.

This information was combined with information around reported symptoms associated with COVID-19, including fever, aches, dry cough, gastrointestinal issues, and loss of taste and smell, among others.

Presumably if you get none of the above symptoms and have some HRV then you must be asymptomatic right?

I might build a heart monitor into my toaster and start wearing that around. I'll set it up so that if I get too much HRV the toast will pop out, I can smash some avocado onto it and have a snack while I'm on my way to the covid testing site, should be fun and tasty.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Yeah, I think the "Fever, Aches, and Chills" kind of tells you right there. Who needs a test once you start having that crap.

Now, if it can reliably predict covid a week before Symptoms, then they have something of value. Gives you time to get some Ivermectin before the crap sets in.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Well they do say a lot of stuff

Maybe we’ll be getting free Apple watches?

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Interesting, thanks.

I thought an Apple a day keeps the doctor away.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   
It will also be able to predict your dietary intake, internet searches and future purchases.

"Hey Siri, what should I do today?"

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Well, this certainly isn't good news for the slave women and child labor camps that make the Apple products over in Joey Bidet's favorite country, China.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Unless you have been locked in a closet during this whole pandemic, you know what the symptoms of Covid are. Why the # do you need a watch that that is going to tell you what you probably already know?

Those that think this is AI, should go get a 1970's copy of Eliza, and play with that.

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Really? REALLY? How long are they going to be taking us for fools? Can't blame them, the general sheep will believe it.

new topics

top topics

join