It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fountain of Youth and John the Baptist

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   

There are few remnants of any primary documents describing the fountain of youth. But the only direct mentioning we have on record comes from Peter Martyr in one of his letters to the Pope:

"that among the islands on the north side of Hispaniola, there is one about three hundred and twenty-five leagues distant, as they say which have searched the same, in the which is a continual spring of running water, of such marvelous virtue that the water thereof being drunk, perhaps with some diet, maketh old men young again. And here I must make protestation to your Holiness not to think this to be said lightly, or rashly; for they have so spread this rumor for a truth throughout all the court, that not only all the people, but also many of them whom wisdom or fortune have divided from the common sort, think it to be true. But if you shall ask my opinion herein, I will answer that I will not attribute so great power to nature, but that God hath no less reserved this prerogative to himself."

Decadas de Nuevo Mundo, Decada 2, chapter X (page 46 in this book)

The only note about this fountain of youth that survives the test of time is that it is a spring of water possibly mixed with a particular diet. For those familiar with John the Baptist, this is the exact thing John was doing with people. He was drawing them out to the wilderness to fast with water and raw food. We have record from Josephus that John was zealously against even cooked food, claiming that it is a derivation of the natural intent. This sort of fast is insisted upon by Jesus himself for anyone who is lacking lucidity. When the Pharisees questions why Jesus and his disciples weren't fasting, he responded:

"How can the guests of the bridegroom mourn while he is with them? The time will come when the bridegroom will be taken from them; then they will fast."

So fasting doesn't seem to be a permanent thing, but rather a temporary stage to enjoin yourself with the heavenly source. For this reason, John was prophesied to be a prelude to the Christ. He would make clear the way so that when God would come, the people would have their temples purified so that may see the heavenly heights of the coming Messiah (matthew 3:16). This holds true to this day. To prepare for Christ it is fitting that we be baptized in this sort of way.

A water fast facilitates internal cleaning processes that detox your body. bathing in water also helps rid of these expelled toxins. Fasting is clinically proven to be extremely beneficial (study of 1422 test subjects). But it is more than just a physical transformation. Abraham, Moses, Mary, Jesus, and many other prophets went through this process "to fulfill all righteousness"

What the ancient native Americans and Judeo-Christians had discovered, likely due to their integration with God's natural world, was the archetypal path of existence that leads to a clean and clear mind and body. The Native Americans were also nomadic people (barring locations near the equator that were warm year-round). This is a direct resemblance of the Law of Moses, which involved nomadic living isolated from cities. The Mormons go so far as to say that the Native Americans are a lost tribe of Judah that immigrated across the Atlantic to avoid persecution.

The fact that communities separated by an ocean came to the same lifestyle shows that there is a natural purpose. As the world becomes more and more technocratic, we are compelled to, at least temporarily, go out in the natural world and purify. Immense health and prosperity was promised by the rumors of the fountain of youth, and an even greater promise was given by Jesus for those who look for God in the natural world:

Spirit is often abstract, but it literally means 'breath'. With each and every breath during the water fast, focus your mind towards God. this is the trinity: heart = son, lungs = holy spirit, brain = God. A super-imposed cross over our body shows this relation. In doing so our eyes are made to see again, ears to hear, and so on. This is what it means to be born again. It is a biological transformation that accompanies the spiritual baptism of repentance (repentance simply means 'to change your mind').

The people enamored by Egypt (excessive work conditions), and Babylon (drunkenly blind off luxury) can barely see this truth. In this sense the Bible is true on multiple levels. The entirety of the Torah (first 5 books of the Bible) is a macrocosmic re-telling of the awakening soul. Born in ignorant bliss in the Garden, fallen into a world of Egyptian slavery, and then after much conflict emerging into the promised land.

Jesus replied, "Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again."

I cannot describe this transformation with words. This process becomes clear as you immerse yourself into the Baptism of John. The fact that Jesus himself underwent the baptism of John, despite requiring no cleansing for sin, shows it is a necessary step in our cosmic birthing process.

Keep God first in your heart and mind. Peace and hope to all.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Interesting read. Thanks for that. Do you think you may have an area for where this might be?

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   

There is a small body of water in Florida that I truly believe is some sort of fountain of youth, or that it has some kind of medicinal or magical powers. Maybe even a holy place?
It is not a touristy area and is not well known.

The water was cold, but not shocking cold, cold like the most refreshing cold you have ever felt.
Cold like it quenched something in your being or soul. Hard to explain if you have never been there, but everyone
I went swimming with there knew what I am talking about.

There are animals all around, even visible gators but everything is in harmony. There is just a vibe to that place.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

A fresh clean water source is definitely a must. I went bathing in some high mountain streams in Vermont and my TMJ was gone instantly (which returned pretty much the moment I looked at my phone upon returning to my car).

originally posted by: Kocag
Interesting read. Thanks for that. Do you think you may have an area for where this might be?

The direction says north of Hispaniola, so it could be the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos islands, Inagua Islands, etc. The locality is not as important as the state of mind and the temporary devotion to purification.

In the Judeo-Christian history it is the Jordan River. The place where the ancient Israelites entered the promised land, as well as John the Baptist preparing people for Jesus to lead them into the promised land. Moses's name means 'to draw out of water', which was a direct foreshadowing of John the Baptist replicating what Moses did to lead the people to the promised land. Yeshua (which means both Joshua and Jesus), came after Moses and John and it was Yeshua who would actually lead them in, whereas Moses and John were pre-cursors.
edit on 9-2-2021 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2021 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I agree with fasting, that its a very important step in spiritual growth and physical health.

posted on Feb, 9 2021 @ 11:44 PM
link   

That was very interesting. You've presented some thought-provoking information.

And EAoo6.. is the Monatomic gold mentioned in your graph... by chance would that be similar to what I've heard called ORMUS or ORMES?

Johnny

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyAnonymous

That was very interesting. You've presented some thought-provoking information.

And EAoo6.. is the Monatomic gold mentioned in your graph... by chance would that be similar to what I've heard called ORMUS or ORMES?

Johnny

Or possibly Gans ?

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I believe the idea of the fountain of youth is an allegorical one BUT if one existed guess who would have a house built over it and hide it from the world that tiny minority we call the ultra elite.
(Christ is the only TRUE life)

That said there are places, even in some of the most unlikely places were there is just a sense of peace, calmness and even perfect serenity but also a feeling of kindness.

I tend to attribute this to either a saint having been there in the past or some other good soul whom may have blessed the place or were perhaps God himself has touched the earth.

The pool of Siloam in Jerusalem has been rediscovered not too long back.

edit on 10-2-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

(Christ is the only TRUE life)

"...whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

It was no coincidence that Christ said this while he was fasting (drinking only water). As above, so below. No eyes have seen, and no ears have heard what God has in store for those who love Him

posted on Feb, 10 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

EAoo6.

Can you give us a bit better idea of what were looking at here please with your picture/graph and how it relates to the OP's thoughts ?

is the Monatomic gold mentioned in your graph... by chance would that be similar to what I've heard called ORMUS or ORMES?

posted on Feb, 11 2021 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Bimini.

Found within the salt water mangrove swamp that covers 6 kilometres (3.7 mi) of the shoreline of North Bimini is The Healing Hole, a pool that lies at the end of a network of winding tunnels. During outgoing tides, these channels pump cool, mineral-laden fresh water into the pool. Because this well was carved out of the limestone rock by ground water thousands of years ago it is especially high in calcium and magnesium.[citation needed] Magnesium, which has been shown to improve longevity and reproductive health,[6][7] is present in large quantities in the sea water.[8] While it is not known whether any legend about healing waters was widespread among the indigenous peoples of the Caribbean, the Italian-born chronicler Peter Martyr attached such a story drawn from ancient and medieval European sources to his account of the 1514 voyage of Juan Diaz de Solis in a letter to the pope in 1516, though he did not believe the stories and was dismayed that so many others did.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 11-2-2021 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The purpose of fasting to get closer to Spirit.

It cleanses the body and lifts the consciousness, and can bring us closer to Christ.

Why then would they need to suffer to reach such heightened state when the Son Himself walks among them and speaks of all things with them?

posted on Feb, 18 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   

An excellent thread on an interesting topic.

I need to do this.

new topics

top topics

join